Profile for M. Breakwell > Reviews

Content by M. Breakwell

M. Breakwell (Cleobury Mortimer, Shropshire, UK)

The Man Who Killed His Brother
The Man Who Killed His Brother
by Stephen Donaldson

1.0 out of 5 stars just painful, 20 May 2007
I don't write many reviews but after wasting my money on this drivel I thought it only fair to warn you not to do the same.

This book is just awful! The dialogue is so naff you just cringe reading it. Everything about is amateurish, the main characters don't swear at all, "punk" to a man caught murdering 13 year old girls, "Damn and Blast?" who says that?!? I assumed it was because the book was written to appeal to younger readers until a villain uses the "C" word !!!!!!! Where the hell did that come from?????? On the other hand my girlfriend thought I'd developed touretts the amount of times I couldn't keep it to myself what I thought of it.

The plot is so linear there's no suspense at all and when the explanation comes at the end you wonder why they're bothering when it was obvious who the villain was chapters ago.

I won't bore you any more, I can only assume the other reviewers are Donaldson groupies who'd read his shopping list and love it-don't get me wrong, I loved The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant but you wouldn't get a bricklayer to fit your kitchen would you?

If you really are a masochist and STILL want to read it, send me an email and you can HAVE my copy for free.

The Closers (Harry Bosch)
The Closers (Harry Bosch)
by Michael Connelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Dec 2005
Back to top form for Michael Connelly.
Buy It.

Shattered Icon
Shattered Icon
by Bill Napier

1.0 out of 5 stars laughable, 27 Dec 2005
This review is from: Shattered Icon (Hardcover)
What a totally farcicle plot. Who would risk being killed for a customer you didn't even like? who would, after having their life threatened, not go to the police - for no good reason? I could go on but I'd "spoil" what little plot there is.
Is this the most pathetic hero ever? How many times do you watch a pathetic female in a bad movie stun her attacker and not take his gun? So does this supposedly ex-army hero!
Utter, utter drivel. I can only assume that the previous reviewers were under 12. Even James Patterson is not this irritatingly basic.
Nice....short....paragraphs....for ...the ....people...who...can't...read...very....well.
Please, save your money and buy something else like Lee Child. I'm sat writing this at 22.05 in my dressing gown having just got out of bed to rant about this book because it's annoyed me so much.
Don't be like me. You have been warned........
P.S. By the way, the star is for the journal.

The Lake House
The Lake House
by James Patterson

1.0 out of 5 stars Childish Rubbish, 29 Feb 2004
This review is from: The Lake House (Hardcover)
Utter, utter cr*p. I have read all of the Alex Cross novels and enjoyed them a lot but this is just awful. The writing is melodramatic and childish, the characters one dimensional and I found it irritating. If you are ( or have a mental age of ) under ten years old then perhaps it's great. I suggest trying Lisa Gardner instead.