Profile for Christopher Strong > Reviews

Content by Christopher Strong

Christopher Strong "strongspacecadet" (Reading)

Need for Speed
Need for Speed
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Need for a better script and director., 16 Oct 2014
This review is from: Need for Speed (Blu-ray)
One of the worst films I've ever seen, totally pathetic sentiment spread throughout a poor storyline, plotholes throughout the whole thing. The story builds up to a race (for revenge no less) between criminals, some slightly less criminal than others where the competitors race to win the other racers cars, then proceed to smash each other off the road, then get arrested. complete rubbish, I will never get that two hours back.

African Mango Burn (2 Bottles) - The Ultimate African Mango Fat Burning, Weight Loss, Appetite Suppressing Diet Pill

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight loss aid, 14 Feb 2014
I'm really happy with this product, I was sceptical at first but this really does help with apetite supression. I have had problems with my wieght for as long as I can remember, I go to the gym loads but can never shift the weight because basically I eat too much. This product has helped me to reduce the amount I eat specifically the potion size.

After just over two weeks my belt now does up by one extra notch and I have lost around 2 - 3kg. I have also noticed a difference to my body, which I'm very pleased about.

Brink (Xbox 360)
Brink (Xbox 360)
Offered by Mayflower Stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Brink Review, 19 May 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Brink (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game has had such bad press, mainly I believe from impatient gamers who expect every game to be the next best thing and a carbon copy of other big titles. This isn't CoD, it's not Battlefield, it's a team based shooter and although it's not perfect it's no where near as bad as the early reviewers of this game would have you believe.

This game requires your attention for an hour or so before you really start to enjoy it, you need to understand the mechanics of the game and you need to get out of the "one man army" frame of mind. This is a team based, objective driven FPS and as such you need to play as a team and work together to get through the levels, this is obvious but I believe it's something that was missed by the early reviewers of this title.

Graphically the game is pretty sweet, it's not as polished as some of the bigger titles out there, but saying that this game has PS2 graphics is a total injustice. The style of the game is excellent as is the level of customization.

I've seen criticism that everything is unlocked too early in the game but personally I don't see that as a bad thing. It sets a level playing field for everyone and you don't run the risk of having the fun sucked out of your gaming by players who aren't necessarily better but just have better weapons and armour...

I'd agree with other reviewers that say the online aspect of the game is much better than offline. It's a team based shooter so playing with real people is always going to be more fun / a better experience. Personally I've had more fun playing co-op than on the single player but the single player experience is still pretty good. You just need to be aware that your AI team mates might not be quite up to scratch.

Overall I think Brink is an excellent game, I'd love to see DLC that adds a few more maps and different game types in the future; I think I'll be playing this for a while.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2011 10:57 PM BST

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (Xbox)
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (Xbox)

5.0 out of 5 stars Who would have thought....., 26 July 2004
I only brought this game based on the criteria that it was cheap and looked very involved and would maybe tide me over until the next big release.
I was very surprised at the quality of the graphics and the gameplay which are both superb, having never played a park manager game before I thought it would take an age to get used to the controls, but it didn't.
The game is just challenging enough (for me anyway) and there is a lot of satisfaction to be had when things go right. And if you ever feel like it you can knock down some security fences and let your t-Rex's have free run of your park, just watch those customers scatter.
A top game, well worth the money.

Battlestar Galactica (Xbox)
Battlestar Galactica (Xbox)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best space sims going, 8 April 2004
This game is tops, I have read a number of reviews where people are complaining about the targeting system and how hard this game is........ Thankfully I decided to buy it anyway and yes there is some truth in the difficulty and the game is certainly a challenge, but that just adds to the fun.
Most complaints about the game seem to be unjustified in that aslong as you read the manual you won't have any problems.
The game looks amazing and plays well, the sound effects are straight from the original TV show and with all of that who cares that it may be a little difficult.

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Xbox)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Xbox)
Offered by multimedia-online

4.0 out of 5 stars More fun than you can shake a stick at., 17 Dec 2003
This game has one down side and that is it's length. It took about a day to finish (but that was playing non stop). The pro's certainly out weight that one con.
The game looks amazing, plays amazing, every bullet time move looks so good (if you like John Woo Movies you'll love the action in this).
Even though I have finished the game the reply value is huge, it has varying difficulties and timed levels.
If you like action games with lots of guns then you should buy this game.