Profile for Wendelly > Reviews

Content by Wendelly

Wendelly "Wendelly" (The Netherlands)

Patricia Wells at Home in Prov: Recipes Inspired by Her Farmhouse in France
Patricia Wells at Home in Prov: Recipes Inspired by Her Farmhouse in France
by Wells Patricia

3.0 out of 5 stars When in France..., 24 Feb. 2014
After a lovely dinner at a friends house I bought this book to have the same recipe. Unfortunately, I can't get most of the ingredients that are available in the lovely markets in Provence. And for those recipes where the ingredients might be less important, the work involved is not my style.

This book might be great for some but when I'm looking for something to make I have never found anything here. Maybe in the summer, although I've had it for more than a year now.

Intelligent Yoga: Re-educating Mind and Body
Intelligent Yoga: Re-educating Mind and Body
by Peter Blackaby

5.0 out of 5 stars Attention Yoga Teachers!, 24 Feb. 2014
Yoga may be centuries old, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved. I really don't understand why something that is old is considered "holy".

I really enjoy Blackaby's ideas and viewpoint and the way he brings you to understand and see things in a new light. There are a few wonderful people in yoga who can do this However, Blackaby's work related to the physical body and the asanas is beyond anything else I have been able to find. I looked, because about 5 years ago somebody showed me an early draft of this book and I was amazed. I bought every yoga anatomy book I could find - but nothing came close. I'm very glad that this one finally made it to the press.

It is sometimes a bit technical for somebody who knows nothing about anatomy, but a doctor friend found it fascinating.

P. Blackaby's work should be brought to the attention of yoga teachers around the world (if it is too technical for your teacher, find a new teacher!)