Profile for D. Fenwick > Reviews

Content by D. Fenwick

D. Fenwick "yowzer." (england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Expendables 3: Extended Edition [Blu-ray]
The Expendables 3: Extended Edition [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sylvester Stallone
Offered by A2Z Entertains

3.0 out of 5 stars "Extended Version" actually adds very little., 19 Dec. 2014
Having seen and enjoyed both Expendables movies this one disappointed me with its 12A rating. I still saw the movie and the action scenes were still impressive enough for me to enjoy but the bloodless gunshots and stab wounds made it just that little less enjoyable compared to the previous two. Call me a sicko if you wish but when I see someone getting shot with a 50 cal I expect to see some bits come off. Aside from the lack of blood the action scenes are still really cool to watch and the hand to hand combat is brilliant. Story wise, this is one of the better of the 3 movies. In short, with no spoilers, Barney Ross goes a mission to stop a terrorist and the terrorist turns out to be one the founding members of the Expendables Barney thought was dead. Go for a revenge/ rescue mission where hundreds of people die. The old crew don't have alot to do when Barney dumps them for a new crew none of which are memorable or interesting and Ronda Rousey is particularly cringe worthy to watch. So its nice and welcome when they get shoved aside for the old guys again. The only new character who's worth watching is Antonio Banderas who proves once again that it doesn't matter what he does he's brilliant. Overall the movie is worth a watch but its not as good as the other two.

As for the extended version well it adds virtually nothing of interest. A few extended fight scenes toward the end that are just as bloodless as the original version so I don't see why they bumped up the rating, I feel like its more a marketing thing since the 12A rating killed the movie at the cinema. I can't help but think they should have added more blood effects before the release on Blu Ray.

Like I said the movie is still good, its action scenes are fun and well executed even if the special effects are really ropey at times. It's a movie that knows what it wants to be and how to go about being it.

Invincible
Invincible

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Invincible (MP3 Download)
Epic, powerful, fantastically produced.
This is an amazing album. It's all music you'd here in trailers for films but if your sitting down and writing a story or reading a novel its would work for that too. I highly recommend.

Archangel
Archangel

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic., 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Archangel (MP3 Download)
Epic, powerful, fantastically produced.

Halo 4 (Original Soundtrack) (Deluxe Edition)
Halo 4 (Original Soundtrack) (Deluxe Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as before., 21 Jun. 2014
Halo 4 as a game might be brilliant but one thing it lacks is a soundtrack that really stands out and sets the scene like the previous installments. While the H4 soundtrack might not be as good as the previous games score it isn't bad either, one track in particular, Arrival, has to be one of the most heroic and epic pieces of music I've ever heard.
All in all though, its decent not great which is a shame because previous Halo soundtracks have been great.

300 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (U.S. Version)
300 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (U.S. Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic soundtrack to an amazing movie., 21 Jun. 2014
There isn't much I can say, this soundtrack has it all, heavy drum beats and guitars, slow melodic moments. Its stands by itself as well as working brilliantly with the movie.

300: Rise of an Empire (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
300: Rise of an Empire (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

5.0 out of 5 stars A awesome score., 21 Jun. 2014
Like the second movie in the 300 series the soundtrack is just as amazing as the first. Its heavy, energetic, powerful in places and perfectly written to match the scenes in the movie but is still brilliant enough to stand on its own as a powerful piece of inspiring music.

Rush Hour [DVD] [1998]
Rush Hour [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Jackie Chan
Offered by DVDBayFBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Rush Hour [DVD] [1998] (DVD)
How can you not like this movie, its Jackie Chan at his best, Chris Tucker at his least annoying with some great action scenes and comic set pieces. Highly recommended.

Heroes
Heroes

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Heroes (MP3 Download)
This is a superb album. Until now I'd only heard perhaps one or two Sabaton songs I really enjoyed but this album changed that. Heroes has everything I love in metal music, fantastic lyrics, brilliant music and a singer who is not only excellent but sounds like he's loving every single minute of it.
Its album about sacrifice, heroes, famous battles and regiments. It will make your heart swell and your fists clench. I cannot recommend this album more.
It has only one negative, in my personal opinion. The Balled of Bull, which is obviously a balled just doesn't work, lyrically its fine but his voice and its slow pace don't suit the rest of the album and its a jarring change from the rest of the relatively fast and exciting tracks.
Otherwise though, amazing album.

Suicide Squad TP Vol 01 Kicked In The Teeth
Suicide Squad TP Vol 01 Kicked In The Teeth
by Adam Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun., 21 Jun. 2014
I've never really been a fan of the Suicide Squad before and I didn't know a whole lot about them. Then the New 52 started and I heard a couple of people say they really liked the new series. I had a look, loved the look of the art work and so get myself the first volume. It's excellent. The art work is beautiful and the characters and story lines are great fun. I won't give away any of the plot points but manages to be not only fun and exciting but also serious and creepy.

All in all I highly recommend to DC fans and general comic book fans alike.

Suicide Squad Volume 2: Basilisk Rising TP (The New 52)
Suicide Squad Volume 2: Basilisk Rising TP (The New 52)
by Adam Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good., 21 Jun. 2014

All in all I highly recommend to DC fans and general comic book fans alike.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4