Profile for Kezia > Reviews

LEGO 10681 Creative Building Cube
LEGO 10681 Creative Building Cube
Offered by TRQuality

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy ever, 20 Jun. 2015
It's Lego. What can I say that hasn't already been said. Best toy ever.

Blue Crush [DVD] [2003]
Blue Crush [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Kate Bosworth|Michelle Rodriguez|Matthew Davis
Offered by Qoolist

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Surfing Movie Ruined By Teen Movie Cliches., 20 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Blue Crush [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
There is a great surfing movie in here, unfortunately it is lost among the cliches of the teen genre. For a surfing movie, there isn’t a lot of surfing. We keep being told that Anne Marie is a great surfer and loves the sport, yet all we see is her faffing about in the small waves and wimping out of anything that even barely resembles a competition level wave, and yet she has somehow gained an invitation to compete at Pipeline. Also, considering the first ten minutes of the film drums into us that Anne Marie loves surfing, she very quickly seems keen to throw it all away just because a cute boy comes along.
I do like the rawness of the film. The action shots are awesome and it does a great job of showing the ferocity of the waves which come thick and fast whilst the wipeouts are shown in harrowing slow-motion; which to anyone who has ever experienced it is very realistic. I also like that the surf girls are living in squalor, working as cleaners to pay the rent. A bohemian existence that many who have a passion can appreciate.
Michelle Rodriguez is also very good. She has a calm aggression in her acting style that makes people sit up and take notice and it works very well in this film.
There are a generous amount of extras on the DVD too.

Tamagotchi Friends - Pink Gem
Tamagotchi Friends - Pink Gem
Offered by Real Merch

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, Not Much Else, 20 Jun. 2015
Considering this is about twenty years on from the first Tamagotchi launch, Bandai haven’t updated this relaunched Tamagotchi to include touch screen, backlighting, a rechargeable battery, or any of the other modern things that make ‘gaming’ easier. But, you know what, I never had a Tamagotchi as a child, my parents were only able to afford to get me a cheaper alternative. I had it for about three days and then my dad stormed into my room and removed the batteries because it was doing his head in.
So in honour of my nine year old self I got one. In pink, naturally. I got this one on offer at £4.99 and I wouldn’t recommend paying much more for it. Remember you are paying for nostalgia, not a quality game.

PINK COLOUR CARTOON SHAPE SILICONE PROTECTION CASE COVER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY Y S5360
Offered by Style Your Mobile Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protection for a phone., 16 Dec. 2014
Very durable. I accidentally dropped my phone into the cat's water bowl whilst it was wearing this jacket and it saved it. Under the cover was completely dry. The slight 'overbite' of the cover over the screen has saved my screen many, many times too.

It's a Wonderful Life, Frank Capra, James Stewart, Movie Poster 1946 (30x40cm Art Print)
Offered by VINMAG

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., 16 Dec. 2014
I bought this after seeing a framed version at John Lewis that they wanted £18 for. I figured Amazon would sell the same poster for a fraction of that cost and they did. Looks amazing framed above my DVD collection.

Joules Women's Welly Print Wellington Boots R_WELLYPRINT Topaz Floral 5 UK, 38 EU, 7 US
Offered by Westwoods Footwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely wellies, just a lot darker in real life., 16 Dec. 2014
I just wanted to leave a review to say that even though the wellies are beautiful, a good quality and durable, they are considerably darker than they look in the picture. So keep that in mind.

Shires Compositi Premium Profile Stirrups Royal Blue Adult
Shires Compositi Premium Profile Stirrups Royal Blue Adult
Offered by Equivalu

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product. Bad customer service., 30 Oct. 2014
The wrong colour was sent which could only be rectified at my own cost, I ended up buying replacement treads from Ebay instead. The product is good though. A lovely lightweight stirrup with coloured treads that can be easily mix and matched.

In Secret [DVD] [2014]
In Secret [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Jessica Lange

4.0 out of 5 stars Undeserved Criticism., 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: In Secret [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I actually really liked this film and believe it is extremely underrated and is undeserving of it's negative feedback. I fear, as a result of casting Tom Felton, that it's audience fell to the post-Harry Potter fanbase who weren't able to give this film the credit it deserves and gave it the unfortunate criticism it has become known for. It also lacks a protagonist and so maybe alienates audiences as they have no-one to root for. I thought the film was extraordinary though.
The performances from Jessica Lange (worth watching for her alone), Oscar Isaac and Elizabeth Olsen were really good and emotional. Unfortunately, I was actually a little embarrassed each time Tom Felton blundered onto the screen. I follow him on Twitter and appreciate that he is a nice guy, but his acting hasn't improved since his childhood.
If you come to this film expecting some money-making box office fodder to pass the time then move along, because you won't like this. If you are the sort of person who loves film and takes the time to appreciate and actually watch and listen to what is on screen, regardless of what big names they may dangle in front of you, then you will probably enjoy this film.
It is dark, gloomy and depressing and definitely not one to zone out in front of whilst gorging yourself on popcorn but real film enthusiasts will appreciate this. Watch it when you can actually give it your full attention though.

Joyful Noise (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Joyful Noise (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Queen Latifah

4.0 out of 5 stars Messily Constructed But Fun Film., 29 April 2014
This film is nice as a feel-good movie. It has great songs and the cast are endearing enough. It does feel clunky though, just plodding away from one scene to the next with little idea as to where it wants to go. There are a lot of cringe-worthy attempts at dramatic scenes too, but overall it is a good film. Dolly Parton can't act for toffee but she sure is fun to watch.
Worth a view for the songs alone, especially the Higher Medley.

Game of Thrones - Season 3 [DVD] [2014]
Game of Thrones - Season 3 [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Packaging and Disc Quality, 21 April 2014
Everyone knows that the show is excellent so I will just focus on the product. My first problem is with the quality of the packaging. The main sleeve is grubby and even though this is probably the effect the manufacturers wanted it could have done with some sort of glossy seal over it as it comes off and gives the box the feel that a three year old has been playing with it. The synopsis and features sheet that is normally printed onto the sleeve is just a flimsy piece of cardboard shoddily glued to the outer sleeve and is already hanging off and that's with me being careful with it. It would pull off incredibly easily.
And then we come to the discs. I've watched the first three so far and disc two pauses and the picture keeps breaking down into an incredibly pixelated image. It's only been one episode so far but time will tell if it the only one affected.
My parents bought me it through Amazon and I haven't the heart to tell them what a ridiculously poor quality product it is. I'm more annoyed at the manufacturers because after all, Amazon didn't make these. But to sell such poorly crafted products is bad, especially for such a well-established series.
Great tv show, I just wish the packaging quality had been kept in line with series one and two.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3