Profile for Aimhigher > Reviews

The Perfect SENCO
The Perfect SENCO
by Natalie Packer

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful tool - help me get my job!, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Perfect SENCO (Hardcover)
This book was a great tool from someone considering taking on the SENCO role. It really helped me prepare for my interview and get a real insight into what the role will involve. I read a poor review and to be honest - they were reading a different book. If SEN isn't really of interest to you, this could be the case, but for anyone looking for clear information - this is a good buy. Great value - I think I spent about 6!

It's So Easy (and other lies): The Autobiography
It's So Easy (and other lies): The Autobiography
by Duff McKagan
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 30 Nov 2013
This took me back to my youth! Fantastic read - took about a day and a half! Flew through it. Great to see how positive Duff's life has become!

Safe Haven
Safe Haven
by Nicholas Sparks
Price: 7.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Safe Haven (Paperback)
I am always looking for a Sparks book that I love as much as the Notebook - this isn't it, but it is still a really good read!

Fish Change Direction in Cold Weather
Fish Change Direction in Cold Weather
by Pierre Szalowski
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 30 Nov 2013
I loved this book! I read it in about 5 hours. It is a little different, but it has a fantastic story and you really are drawn into hoping for a happy ending for everyone.

Born Weird
Born Weird
by Andrew Kaufman
Price: 5.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Born Weird (Paperback)
This was just what I was looking for. Interesting with a twist! Not sure the end did the story justice, but a great ideas with good characters.

Davina Fit [DVD]
Davina Fit [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 9.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the others!, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Davina Fit [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is hard to follow as when you need to see what they are doing - they are showing Davina's face!

I am really trying to get fit and the fact that I didn't know what I was supposed to be doing was really demotivating.

They say we are going to do x move and it isn't helpful when you don't know what that move is. There is little demonstration. I am sure that once you have done it, obviously you learn them - but it just made me feel demotivated :-(

Diamonds on Velvet
Diamonds on Velvet
by Hannah White

5.0 out of 5 stars A real surprise!, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Diamonds on Velvet (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this - I thought it was going to be a typical romance, but it was much more. There is adventure and travel - everything you need for a good holiday read! I've been to South Africa and this has made me want to go again!

10 Minute Solution - Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Fat Blasting Latin Dance Mix [DVD]
Dvd ~ 10 Minute Solution
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 4.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, 6 April 2012
I found this so funny as I just couldn't keep up! The speed, explanations and camera shots made it difficult to follow. I'm not a natural dancer - so this may be part of the problem. I have other 10 Minute Solution dance workouts and love them - this was just not for me!

10 Minute Solution - Dance Your Body Thin [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Dance Your Body Thin [DVD]
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 April 2012
I love this DVD! The workouts are great.

I would use this on days when I'm not going to the gym or looking for a milder workout. I am not super fit - but this gets me hot and moving but I don't necessarily feel it the next day.

The instructor is lovely. Sometimes I just want the instructors to hush - but she comes across so well.

I wouldn't say I am a natural dancer - but this is great for me.

If you want to be active and have fun - this is for you. If you want to get really fit and toned then try something a bit harder. Enjoy!

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good - but tough!, 6 April 2012
This is a really good workout. I watched it before starting it and thought it looked pretty easy - I was wrong! Level 1 is challenging, but isn't that the point? I can feel it working already and I have been going to the gym for the last 2 month - so it is effective.

The only issue I had was that I struggled to complete one or two of the exercises (i.e. if they do something 20 times I was getting to about 15) - but I just had a 30 second rest and carried on. I will just build up until this isn't a problem. Also I had a couple of small breaks for water! I think that is the only critisism I have - that she doesn't let up and some people will physically need to do fewer/have a drink! To be fair though - I am happy to make these decisions myself without feeling like a failure - if I finish the routine and can feel it working - I'm happy.

I am making a really big effort to get fit/tone up, not to just lose weight and I think this is where it will be effective. If you haven't exercised before or you are looking for a fun/dance style workout - this may not be for you. I would prefer to work really hard for 20 mins and get on with the rest of my day! Perfect!