Profile for A. Bramble > Reviews

I Look To You
I Look To You
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars old but new, 20 Nov. 2009
This review is from: I Look To You (Audio CD)
I love this CD....most of the songs were great the second time round. To be honest, the first listen was a bit disappointing as it is nothing like the old Whitney. However, once i got over that and just accepted that her voice has changed, I began to embrace her new voice and the songs really got me hooked.

I am surprised that her songs don't get more air-time in the UK - except million dollar bill - which I actually don't really like. There are much better songs on there which i think would do much better if people knew about them....my absolute favourite is "I look to You" - such a powerful song - why don't they play that one on the radio? has anyone heard it played? I also love "Salute" - that song is so relevant and current...would definitely do well - imho.

Other songs that grew on me include: "Didn't know my own strength" - the words are very heartfelt; "Like I never left" with Akon - has a nice feel to it, quite Akon-like; "For the lovers" is good as well as "I'm a call you tonight" which have a kind of grooving feel to it. I didn't particularly like what they did to "A song for you" and there seemed to be a song missing - as I never heard "Worth it".

So all in all, this album would be a 5 out of 5, but because i can't help but compare her to the old Whitney, I give it a 4 (which is kind of unfair, as compared to anyone else, it would be a great album)