Profile for MT > Reviews

MT

Hack Attack: How the truth caught up with Rupert Murdoch
Hack Attack: How the truth caught up with Rupert Murdoch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating. Infuriating., 9 Aug 2014
Nick Davies has written an engaging and enlightening book in Hack Attack. The sheer scale of corruption, criminality and collusion between news media, police and government is shocking, and yet reflects the bland reality of life in Britain today. Prepare to learn not just about phone hacking and the massive unwarranted invasions of privacy that took place (and still do), but also why the NHS entered into the first stages of privatisation - truly horrendous - and just how despicable Tony Blair is and was. A book that will leave a deeply disgusting taste in your mouth: hopefully enough for you to join others in changing our flawed regulatory and political systems. Thoroughly recommended reading.

Microplane Cut Resistant Glove
Microplane Cut Resistant Glove
Offered by Colanders FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not stop bullets., 3 Dec 2013
Purchased in good faith, after reading very positive reviews here. Arrived promptly, and 17 page instruction manual was detailed, although it needs some pictures - I almost put it on my foot the first time! The weight is ideal for me, and the texture feels great on my skin, especially at night. One day, against the advice of a friend, and no doubt encouraged by the previous evening's sherry, I gloved up, tossed a working revolver to my friend, and held my hand aloft. Shouting "in the name of Queen Elizabeth!", I nodded the command to fire... Only after 29 minutes of severe abuse and vigorous nodding on my part, and shaking on his part, did my friend finally commit the bullet to my hand. So confident was I that the glove could stop any shell, I chose not to remove my grandmother's exquisite Victorian tea service from the line of fire. It was only as I regained consciousness, that I realised all was lost. The fine porcelain shattered, my hand now unable to participate in a simple game of hide-and-seek, and my friend arrested for attempted murder.

However, I have never cut myself on a microplane whilst wearing this glove - highly recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2013 10:38 PM GMT

Biology
Biology

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible - don't buy the kindle edition!, 1 Nov 2011
This review is from: Biology (Kindle Edition)
I thought it seemed very cheap at around two pounds, so risked the purchase. Unfortunately this Kindle edition is a complete mess. Text all over the place, random characters sprinkled liberally throughout - it looks like somebody's scanned the original book, run it through some poor-quality OCR software, and then left it unedited. The result - a largely unreadable ebook.

Hopefully Amazon can sort this out, and then send me a copy to replace this one!

NOTE: I'm reading on the Kindle for PC software, not an actual Kindle. However, the software does display the books that came with it perfectly, so it would appear that it's this ebook that's at fault.