Profile for Shan > Reviews

Portmeirion Sophie Conran Large Glass Jug 2ltr
Portmeirion Sophie Conran Large Glass Jug 2ltr
Offered by Beau Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Jug, 15 Jun 2012
Lovely jug - the photo does not do it justice. Perfect for Pimms and of course home made ginger beer. Would also work well as a vase. Delivered promptly and packed well.

Gardman G Tools Carbon Steel Hand Trowel (90001D)
Gardman G Tools Carbon Steel Hand Trowel (90001D)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Hopeless!, 15 Jun 2012
I made the mistake of purchasing this Gardman Hand Trowel. It claims to have a guarantee of 2 years well, that is optimistic! 2 minutes would have been more accurate. It bent on the first dig. This trowel is probably best suited to digging in a child's sand pit but not if the sand is wet - it would probably bend!

Unfortunately, I had misplaced my Bulldog trowel - gosh I wish I hadn't because the Gardman hand trowel is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. It wilts like a daisy at the first dig. I could probably have achieved more digging with a plastic spoon.

It is unfortunate there is not a zero star rating because that is what it deserves.

In addition, don't expect Gardman to respond to your customer email because they could not be bothered. 4 emails so far and no answer from them.

Moorish: Flavours from Morocco to Marrakesh: Flavours from Mecca to Marrakech
Moorish: Flavours from Morocco to Marrakesh: Flavours from Mecca to Marrakech
by Greg Malouf

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 7 Mar 2012
I have been looking for a book with these type of flavours for quite some time and this book does not disappoint. Excellent recipes and lovely photos. A modern twist on some very traditional recipes.

So far, I have made 3 recipes from the book and each one has been exceptionally tasty and well balanced in terms of spicing.

Office Accounting Professional Plus 2008 (PC)
Office Accounting Professional Plus 2008 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, 27 Jan 2010
Microsoft is discontinuing its Office Accounting software. I have just had my payroll cancelled as part of this move. I would not have bought the damn thing had I known!

Office Accounting Professional 2008 (PC)
Office Accounting Professional 2008 (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Asset Manager..ha flipping ha, 5 Oct 2009
Why does it not have an asset manager? The US version does! Do they think UK busineses do not have assets?

DO NOT BUY THIS. Microsoft are not going to support it. They have already cancelled the payroll function.

101 Schooling Exercises: For Horse and Rider
101 Schooling Exercises: For Horse and Rider
by Jaki Bell

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not order this book from Amazon, 31 Mar 2008
I would love to be able to tell you what a wonderful book this is, except I can't as Amazon has never managed to get it in stock even though this item was ordered more than a month ago.. probably 2.

If you ever want to read it - buy it from someone who actually has stock or access to stock of the book.

QuickBooks Pro 2008
QuickBooks Pro 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars Quickbucks... not books, 6 Feb 2008
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2008 (CD-ROM)
They certainly try make a quick buck out of you! I had QB 2006 and like the previous user, I cannot upgrade because I need the multi-currency function... which bright spark decided to get rid of it?? Well, nevertheless, I called them about it and was told I would have to carry on with 2006 (which I got a notification was about to expire - this is despite owning my version of QB 2006). I had to purchase payroll for a year and was given a new activation key... low and behold after entering it, I get an error notification (which is a bit co-incidental considering the supposed expiration date looming and the activation key being entered). Phone them up and I am told, sorry, we want £35 to resolve your problem... which still is not resolved. They refuse to believe it might be a software issue, even though countless other users have had the same problem with the following notification message: !szFileBuffer.empty()

Moral of the story: DON'T BUY IT!!! They are less than useless.

Page: 1 | 2