Profile for archangelgabriela > Reviews

Scotland Pa [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ James Le Gros
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny. Offbeat. WALKEN!, 7 Oct 2014
I've been intrigued by this flick for a while, especially as Christopher Walken's in it and it's not one of his better known works, so I was pretty chuffed to get my hands on it. I wasn't disappointed. Scotland PA is hysterical and Christopher Walken is a delight as Lieutenant McDuff, the cop with the unfulfilled ambition of running his own food joint. I couldn't move from my seat. The funniest and most off beat take on Macbeth I've watched!

The Comfort Of Strangers [DVD] [1990]
The Comfort Of Strangers [DVD] [1990]

5.0 out of 5 stars Walken at his menacing best!, 9 Aug 2014
OMG what an incredible performance from Chris Walken - one of his best - as Robert, the twisted sexual deviant who, along with his wife Helen Mirren, preys upon a young English couple attempting to sort out their troubled relationship. His monologue about his father and his chenanigans with his sisters was hypnotising and the slowly building danger that Richardson and Everett were walking into kept me rivetted. Chris Walken later said that he scared himself when he was playing this character. Not surprising. He was phenomenal. In my humble opinion he chewed up the rest of the cast and spat them out in this one.

Witness In The War Zone [1987] [DVD]
Witness In The War Zone [1987] [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flick, 9 Aug 2014
I bought this DVD because I'm a massive Chris Walken fan.He does a brilliant job of playing US tv reporter Don Stevens who is sent to cover the war in the Lebanon only to find himself being set up when he gets the chance to interview PLO leader Yassin. Realising the set up after a beating from his supposed hosts he ten stumbles on a plot to massacre hundreds of innocent civilians and goes all out to turn it to his advantage by attaining the biggest scoop of his career. Great to see Chris in his younger acting days.

New Rose Hotel [DVD] [1999] [US Import] [NTSC]
New Rose Hotel [DVD] [1999] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Abel Ferrera, 9 Aug 2014
What an odd yet fascinating film from ace director Abel Ferrera. Walken and Defoe had some great scenes and I found the plot gripping. Walken's final scene in the film took me totally by surprise!

Heaven's Gate Restored Edition 2 Discs[DVD]
Heaven's Gate Restored Edition 2 Discs[DVD]
Dvd ~ Kris Kristofferson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flick :-), 9 Aug 2014
Not sure why this film was mauled to death. Yeah, it's long, but it's brilliant. The scenery's breathtaking. And Chris Walken's sensational. According to another reviewer having this film makes you ahead of the crowd. I'd say so.

The Milagro Beanfield War [DVD]
The Milagro Beanfield War [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ruben Blades

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little film :-), 9 Aug 2014
Loosely based on a true story. The little guy against the big guys. A town ghost. A wonderfully batty old man. And Christopher Walken! He's the reason I bought this film to add to my CW collection but I truly did enjoy this film. I loved Walken's character as the troubleshooting lawman and his 'this posse couldn't find itself' line was classic. Don't know whether it was supposed to be funny or serious but it made me howl in places.

Illuminata [DVD]
Illuminata [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Tuturro

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird and wonderful :-), 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: Illuminata [DVD] (DVD)
Love this film. Great to see Chris Walken and John Turturo working together in this as well as Search and Destroy. I loved Walken's gay and waspish theatre critic - I love the fact that he's never afraid to push boundaries and he was hysterical in this.

Christopher Walken A to Z: The Man - The Movies - The Legend
Christopher Walken A to Z: The Man - The Movies - The Legend
by Robert Schnakenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars It's my Walken bible! :-), 26 July 2014
What a gem of a book! Bursting to the rafters with info about the legend and his films; great to get to know how he ticks. I love referring to this book.

All American Murder [DVD]
All American Murder [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy goodness!!!, 26 July 2014
This review is from: All American Murder [DVD] (DVD)
OK. This film has been panned. But it's worth buying for the walk in scene about half an hour in by Christopher Walken, the divorced cop with a hint of a corrupt side (check out his monologue about the prostitute's sister) called in to deal with a hostage situation. And boy does he deal with it! Then he has to deal with the ensuing murder on campus. Not meant to be funny but I laughed through most of it. :-)

Henara - Dark Conditioner 250ml
Henara - Dark Conditioner 250ml
Offered by Clarity Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great conditioner, 26 July 2014
Have used this for years. Leaves my hair beautifully shiny and tangle free.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5