Profile for CJM > Reviews

CJM

New Wireless DoorBell Chime 100M Range 32 Sound Door Bell By CKB Ltd
New Wireless DoorBell Chime 100M Range 32 Sound Door Bell By CKB Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Another door-bell fail., 12 May 2014
Seems impossible to buy a wireless door-bell that lasts. Every make we have tried dies after about a year, including this one. It was great for a while, then nothing. And it needs an unusual sized battery, that doesn't fit anything else.

Swift Spice 34 cm/ 14-inch Heavy Gauge Carbon Steel Wok
Swift Spice 34 cm/ 14-inch Heavy Gauge Carbon Steel Wok
Offered by Harts Of Stur

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice wok., 12 May 2014
Decided we needed a 'proper' wok after having problems with the non-stick wok we used to have. This is a large, heavy wok which makes the extra handle essential unless you're very strong. The seasoning instructions that came with it were a bit confusing, and it was only after doing a search on YouTube that I found out I hadn't done it properly. Once I did it again, it was fine.

We already had a lid that fitted it but otherwise you might want to get one.

Blind Faith
Blind Faith
by Ben Elton

2.0 out of 5 stars Could do better..., 2 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Blind Faith (Paperback)
The world that this book occupies is such a stereotype that its hard not to find it ridiculous. I get the point he's making, that we're not so far from that reality, but the truth is we are a million miles from bishops wearing hotpants!

I felt it was a disappointing re-write of 1984.