Profile for S. Rankine > Reviews

S. Rankine (U.K.)

Emma Bridgewater Hearts Ballpen / pen
Emma Bridgewater Hearts Ballpen / pen

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is., 25 Jun 2012
I'm not a great fan of Emma Bridgewater but my children have bought me a couple of nice mugs. My son gave me this nice pen, received as gift. The pattern rubs off really quickly, now pen looks a mess.

Tefal ActiFry Family AH900240 Low Fat Electric Fryer - 1.5 kg Capacity - White
Tefal ActiFry Family AH900240 Low Fat Electric Fryer - 1.5 kg Capacity - White
Price: 179.00

2.0 out of 5 stars The Good and the Bad, 4 May 2012
Have been using this product now for nearly 5 months. I like to give something new a reasonable amount of time to get a good idea of it's performance.
My overall impression of the Actifry Family is fantastic. It really does do what it says. But and this is a big and expensive but. The machine is expensive to buy but does not have the build quality to last. Along with many other reviewers from earlier models my lid/cover has broken. Near the lugs it appears to have shattered for want of a better word and one of the lugs just broke off in the machine one day. I am horrified to see that a replacement lid is going to cost around 30 +. I will be contacting the seller of my product as in view of the short time I've been using it I would expect it to last an awful lot longer. Potentially and sadly, this could be my first and last Actifry.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2013 8:22 AM BST

Marco Pierre White in Hell's Kitchen
Marco Pierre White in Hell's Kitchen
by Marco Pierre White
Price: 16.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Where are all the favourite recipes from the show?, 15 Sep 2007
Basically I am really disappointed. No fish pie, no treacle tart, no shepherds pie. Oh but there is the usual stuff like suckling pig and pigs head. Not that I don't know how to cook them already but I want to make them with the MPW twist.
The very least I would have expected is that the dishes they cooked on the programme would ALL be in the book....no so. They are not there and there are a lot that were never even mentioned on the programme. Why call a book Hell's Kitchen if the recipes bare little resemblence to the programme? Think I'll pass this one on.