Profile for S. Coleman > Reviews

Content by S. Coleman

S. Coleman "pootercommuter" (Surrey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Mindful Hypnobirthing: Hypnosis and mindfulness techniques for a calm and confident birth

5.0 out of 5 stars ... couldn't have got through my daughter's birth with anything like the calmness, 30 Jan. 2015
I couldn't have got through my daughter's birth with anything like the calmness, sense of control and awareness that Sophie Fletcher's hypno techniques provided. I would absolutely, wholeheartedly recommend her book to any expectant mums out there looking to find practical, memorable and, most importantly, effective techniques to help you through the birth.

Barbie Secret Door Unicorn
Barbie Secret Door Unicorn
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- [100% POSITIVE RATED]

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream horse for young girls!, 9 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Barbie Secret Door Unicorn (Toy)
My daughter isn't into Barbie, but she loves Tinkerbell and has the Disney fairy dolls which are the same size as Barbie dolls - so we went looking for 'magical' type accessories to go with the general theme that her fairy dolls could fit with, and found this unicorn... Well, my daughter is absolutely over the moon with it. She REALLY loves the colour, the style, the look... it is a kind of semi-transparent sparkly pink plastic, which does look very glitzy and magical. Comes with a little hair brush, a couple of flower shaped hair clips and 3 different-coloured hair extension bits to add to the mane or tail (or your own hair!).... really lovely set and at the current slightly discounted price, I'd personally say it's very fair valued. Oh - and the Disney fairy dolls fit on it perfectly - just the right size!

Wild Republic 48cm Dinosauria Plush Brachiosaurus
Wild Republic 48cm Dinosauria Plush Brachiosaurus

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, big, cuddly toy that actually looks true to a real brachiosaurus (unlike some others!), 3 Oct. 2014
This arrived a couple of days before the estimated delivery date, and is lovely. My daughter's favourite dino has always been the brachiosaurus, and there aren't that many 'cute' soft toys around, so was delighted to find this. The colours are unisex so good for girls or boys, and it's a nice, big toy - my daughter (who's 7) can give it a 'proper' cuddle, it's that big. Really nice quality and actually LOOKS like a brachio, unlike some of the other soft toys I've seen, which are simply a generic long-necked dinosaur and are missing the distinctive 'crest' the brachio has - this is the kind of thing kids notice when they're obsessed with dinos, so delighted that this one is true to the real thing!

Haunted House Escape - Can You Escape In One Hour?
Haunted House Escape - Can You Escape In One Hour?

1.0 out of 5 stars IGNORE 5 STAR RATINGS! GAME INSISTS YOU AWARD 5 STARS ON DOWNLOAD OR NO INSTRUCTIONS TO PLAY!!, 3 Oct. 2014
I'm very annoyed that this game insists you give it a 5-star rating once you've downloaded it in order to give you the instructions on how to play!! I'm sure a lot of people might be happy to do that, but personally I think the game needs to earn its rating and not con people into awarding 5 stars when you haven't even played it yet!! DON'T TRUST THE 5 STAR RATING!! I've been trying to work through it without the "instructions" and I've just got fed up with it, to be honest - it isn't terribly intuitive so I've stopped playing this all together now.

20Pcs 16x35mm Tiny Mini Empty Clear Cork Glass Bottles Vials 2ml
20Pcs 16x35mm Tiny Mini Empty Clear Cork Glass Bottles Vials 2ml
Offered by Hielec(Ship from China)

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your own "fairy dust"!!!, 3 Oct. 2014
These do have a longer delivery time, as they come from China, but they arrived in perfect condition and are great value for what I needed them for... basically as my daughter is currently obsessed with Tinkerbell and all the coloured fairy dust types from the film, instead buying the tiny, ready-made fairy dust bottles you can get in the shops (at about two quid each), I simply ordered these empty ones and filled them with extra-fine glitter, and hey presto! 20 bottles of fairy dust in all the colours of the rainbow!!! Considering these are glass bottles, I was impressed that they arrived absolutely intact, in small, sensible packaging and within the stated delivery window. They aren't that thin, 'brittle' glass that breaks easily either - they feel good and solid and my daughter's handled them a LOT and no breakages so far!

Ceramic Red Mushroom Toadstool Money Box
Ceramic Red Mushroom Toadstool Money Box
Offered by Gardens2you

5.0 out of 5 stars A great size, beautifully painted and well made, 3 Oct. 2014
My daughter's into fairies at the moment, so I got this to go along with the general theme... it's a lovely, good-sized money box and is beautifully painted. It comes with a key, sellotaped to the underside of it, which you need to open the 'hatch' to get the money out, so don't lose that (!!), but this is a lovely item and well-priced for the quality.

Lucy Locket Fairy Magical 'Opening' Door
Lucy Locket Fairy Magical 'Opening' Door
Offered by Princesses and Knights

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, high-quality item - absolutely worth it, 3 Oct. 2014
There are cheaper fairy doors around, but this one is so detailed, charming and well-made that it's absolutely worth the money. Very high quality product, am absolutely sure this is robust enough to last years, and my daughter loves saying hi to the fairy inside! It comes with a metal hook for hanging on walls etc - my daughter has hers hung on the wall next to her pillow - but you could use blu-tak or something if you wanted to stick it to a wall instead of hanging it. It's probably a little too large for a skirting board though - at least in our house with skirting only about 4 inches high... this is too tall to go on them. A beautiful item though and really pleased with it.

The Last Town (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 3)
The Last Town (The Wayward Pines Trilogy, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent ending..., 22 July 2014
I've loved reading this trilogy - so imaginative and gripping - and had pre-ordered The Last Town as soon as I'd finished the first two books... it was worth the wait!

The Last Town is very well-thought out, very tense and, ultimately, very surprising at its conclusion. Crouch has an excellent writing style and I've found all three of the books real page-turners that I've stayed up waaaay past my bedtime to finish (and that's saying something at my sort of age - I love my sleep!!).

I'd thoroughly recommend the trilogy to anyone who loves a good sci fi/post-apocalyptic story. I'm going to be looking at his other books now with keen interest...

Queenberry Sterling Silver Mom Baby Mother Forever Love Family Bead For Pandora Troll European Charm Bracelets
Offered by Queenberry, Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice quality and a unique design, 11 Jun. 2014
My Pandora bracelet is themed around my lovely daughter, but in the 'official' Pandora range, I already have the main 'mother & daughter' interlocking heart charms, and that seemed to leave very few others in the mother/daughter sort of theme, or that were unusual enough for me to want to buy them. So, I was delighted when I saw this one - it's a very clear representation of the mother holding the child and the charm is slightly 'taller' compared to the usual Pandora charms, which are more rounded and squat, so it does stand out in its uniqueness on the bracelet (in a good way!). Would definitely recommend it. Also bought the 'Happy Girl' charm too, by Queenberry as this also goes with my theme beautifully! You should have a look if this is the sort of charm you're after!

Foil It! Under the Sea (Foil Art Activity Kit)
Foil It! Under the Sea (Foil Art Activity Kit)
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and a lovely, crafty activity..., 9 Mar. 2014
My 6 year old is OBSESSED with foil art, and these little kits are fantastic. They look like a small package when they arrive, but there are enough stickers to keep them occupied for hours, trust me. A really nice range - we have the whole lot in the Foil It series - and I have to say, I've also bought the very pricey 'Sticker Scratcherz' set from Hamleys, which at twenty-five quid, you'd expect to be bloomin' amazing... and yet all the stickers in the Hamleys set were cut off-kilter from the outlines, so they didn't quite line up properly. The Foil It sets are cheaper, and in my humble opinion, better quality & value - really recommend these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7