Profile for Soul Eater...ME!! > Reviews

Content by Soul Eater...ME!!

Soul Eater...ME!! (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
All Night Long featuring Pitbull
All Night Long featuring Pitbull
Offered by langton_info_england

5.0 out of 5 stars So Tell The DJ Play It, 2 Aug. 2010
AMAZING SONG! JUST AMAZING!

This is my favourite track off her Overcome album. So I was very excited when this was announced as a single. And then I heard Pitbull was going to feature on a single mix. Heartbroken. But then I heard it and I loved it even more. Alex is super talented. She has an amazing personality and her voice is stunning. So glad this has been released.

The Boy Who Murdered Love
The Boy Who Murdered Love

1.0 out of 5 stars Has She Got A Thing About Repetition?, 2 Aug. 2010
I like Diana Vickers. I liked her on The X Factor and I really liked Once. I have her album is whilst it's not anything groundbreaking, it is still a good album. This song however is just... awful. I don't mind a bit of repetition. Quite a few songs repeat themselves again and again (Rihanna's Umbrella, Britney's Womanizer) but I have a problem when 2 songs in a row or more are so repetitive. And I have to say that after hearing this and the album a few times, her voice is starting to grate on me. I really like her, and her album is good, but at points her diction is terrible and she doesn't sound too good. The Boy Who Murdered Love just isn't what I pictured her doing, and I'm sad to say that I won't be buying this.

Empire of Night (Vampirates)
Empire of Night (Vampirates)
by Justin Somper

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoa! Empiree of Might!!!, 30 April 2010
I've been a fan of this series since the first book, Demons of the Ocean, came out in 2005. Since then the release of each book has been a big event for me. And none more so than the release of this, the fifth book in the series, Empire of Night. It has everything a reader could want. Action. Blood. Humour in the right places. Description to die for. Romance. And above all, a brilliant plot.

Things really are changing in the series, thanks to the parenthood situation for Connor and Grace. This throws up some pretty exciting scenarios involving a hunger for blood.

Definitely recommend this book to everyone, boys and girls, of all ages! It sets the sixth and final book in the series up beautifully!

Sweet 7
Sweet 7
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet 7... Wow, 20 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Sweet 7 (Audio CD)
I have been lucky enough to get an advanced (promo) copy of the album and have been listening to it non-stop for a few days, day and night. Sweet 7 is an amazing album filled with some brilliant club stormers (Get Sexy, Thank You For The Heartbreak, She's A Mess) and some stunning ballads (No More You penned by Ne-Yo and Little Miss Perfect).

Get Sexy - This song has been played near enough every day since it premiered in July last year. I adore this song. The synth melt down is heaven. 5/5.

Wear My Kiss - The current single, released 22nd Feb, is brilliant. One that gets people dancing in the club (like half of this album). Very catchy. 4/5.

About A Girl - This is the RedOne produced stomper that welcomed Jade to the band. Released last November it is possibly my favourite song of 2009, and my favourite Sugababes single yet. It's a pop song... with bongos in it. What more could you want? 5/5.

Wait For You - I love this song. The production is brilliant. Although I have to say, Jade does wail at times on this track, but it's still brilliant. 4/5.

Thank You For The Heartbreak - The Babes performed this a few times live before Jade joined the band and I knew from the start it'd be a favourite. And it is. The synths are perfect. It's catchy and the vocals are stunning and on point. 4/5.

Miss Everything (ft. Sean Kingston) - I have never been a fan of Kingston, and I'm still not. When I heard about this song, I thought "what an odd pairing", and it really is. Produced by The Smeezingtons (Get Sexy), this song is a club banger that despite intial thoughts, is brilliant. Although, there isn't enough Heidi for me. Far too much Sean Kingston though. It's more of a Sean Kingston ft. Sugababes track really. 3/5.

She's A Mess - Stop everything. Stop. This song deserves an LP of it's own. This track 12 times, over and over. This is by far my favourite track on the album. A stomper. Get Sexy Part 2 (produced by the same guys, The Smeezingtons). This song is pure brilliance. All about London at night time and how some girls are such a mess. Amelle even raps in a british accent in a moment of brilliance. 5/5.

Give It To Me Now - This song is one of the weaker ones on the album. It's a good song, don't get me wrong, but it isn't one to listen to on repeat like She's A Mess. It can get quite boring quickly. Little and often I say. 3/5.

Crash And Burn - This Toby Gad produced ballad is beautiful. It's familiar to the likes of Jordin Sparks' Battlefield and Beyonce's Irreplaceable. 4/5.

No More You - This ballad was penned by Mr. Smooth himself, Ne-Yo. It's all about telling a guy that now there's no more you, it's time for me to do what I want to do. With lyrics like "Normally it wouldn't be me, acting all spiteful, the way that I am" it is a heartfelt affair that I personally have fallen in love with. Stunning vocals and the harmonies are heaven. 5/5.

Sweet And Amazing (Make It The Best) - A sugarry cheesey song, but surprisingly one of the strongest tracks on the album. It's about making yourself the best that you can be, telling you that "you don't have to stay the way that you are" and "Life can be sweet and amazing, all you need is an idea, of what you want, life can be sweet and amazing, take the lesson and make it the best you can." Take your mistakes and learn from them. A fun song. 4/5.

Little Miss Perfect - A beautiful beautiful song. Stunning vocal performances on here. Heidi in particular stands out. An excellent album closer. 5/5.

Overall, Sweet 7 is a fantastic album that in my opinion will only solidify Sugababes' place as the best girlband in Britain. A wonderfully produced album that is my favourite of the year so far. Hope everyone else enjoys it as much as me and I cannot wait to get my copies come 8th March.

RyanW

Russell Howard - Live 2 - Dingledodies [DVD]
Russell Howard - Live 2 - Dingledodies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Howard
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingdodies, 31 Dec. 2009
This dvd is absolutely brilliant. An excellent comedian doing what he does best. This is one of the best comedey dvd's I have seen. Russell has a unique connection with his audiences and his material is top class. Having seen him live this dvd was a must buy and does not disappoint. Cannot recommend it enough!

Lesbian Vampire Killers [DVD] [2009]
Lesbian Vampire Killers [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ James Corden
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 31 Dec. 2009
A hilarious film. Weird, but hilarious. Definitely one for teenage boys. Had me in fits of laughter. Haven't given it a 5 star rating because it was good but not that good.

Crocodile Tears (Alex Rider)
Crocodile Tears (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

3.0 out of 5 stars Crocodile Tears, 27 Dec. 2009
I am a massive fan of Anthony Horowitz. I have loved the Alex Rider books since Stormbreaker first came out and have waited fevereshly to read each book as they're published, but this time I feel some disappointment. Yes, the book was good, full of action and very enjoyable. But at times the story is just to predictable and I find myself feeling a sense of deja vu. The books just seem to be repeating themselves structure-wise which is a little disappointing. I want it to feel fresh and exciting like it did the first time reading Stormbreaker!

However, this was a good book. I must say though, the Power of Five books are much, MUCH better.

The Singles Collection [CD/DVD]
The Singles Collection [CD/DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars The Singles Collection, 27 Dec. 2009
Being a Britney fan since she first came on the scene in 1999, this was a must buy for me. Eventually I got it for Christmas and I have to say that I love it. It features all of the best Britney singles, sifting the wheat from the chaff, making for an amazing collection.

It also includes the catchy and addictive 3, the best single to come out of Britney since Womanizer in 2008.

And then there is a DVD which only adds to it's value. My only criticism is that it doesn't include the video for 3 which is a great shame.

Highly recommend this to old fans and new fans a-like!

New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
New Moon: 2 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

3.0 out of 5 stars A Gaping Hole, 27 Dec. 2009
Having read Twilight I was very very excited to read this book. But sadly it didn't live up to the excitement. The beginning and the end were great, and just as addictive as Twilight was, but the middle just had something lacking. The same descriptions again and again, just worded slightly different. Very boring. Whereas with Twilight I couldn't put it down, with New Moon I found myself struggling to read the book in it's entirety. I have a sense of disappointment with this book, hoping that the series will pick up.

Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
Twilight: Twilight, Book 1 (Twilight Saga)
by Stephenie Meyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicted From The Start, 27 Dec. 2009
I'm something of a late-comer to the Twilight series, only reading Twilight a few months ago. I had worried that it was over-hyped but all my fears soon vanished when I started to read it. I am totally addicted. I struggled to put this book down. For me, the book ended too soon. I just wanted more! So thankfully, all 4 books are published so there are no long waits between publication! Totally recommend this to guys as well as girls. It's not just a girls book you know!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4