Profile for claire charter > Reviews

claire charter

Will You Love Me?: The story of my adopted daughter Lucy
Will You Love Me?: The story of my adopted daughter Lucy

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 6 Jan. 2014
As with all Cathy's books I've read I couldn't put it down! This had me weeping at the twists and turns of this little girls life until she finally found the family she always wanted. Cathy writes with such warmth and her grace when faced with social workers who make decisions that beggar belief is inspirational. As a new foster carer I have learnt so much about how to be a good and thoughtful carer from the way Cathy cares and respects children as well as the adults she comes into contact with. Thank you Cathy for sharing your life with us :-)

Another amazing book I've read!Home for Good: Making a Difference for Vulnerable Children

Home for Good: Making a Difference for Vulnerable Children
Home for Good: Making a Difference for Vulnerable Children
by Krish Kandiah

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic but challenging book!, 15 Mar. 2013
I could not put this book down! It is well written in an easy-to-read style with lots of engaging personal stories. The subject matter was broken down well with questions at the end of each chapter to ponder and consider your personal and church response to vulnerable children in our world.
It gives a good Biblical perspective on what God has done for us as a 'vulnerable children' before we knew Him and how much and deeply He loves us no matter what. It has challenged me to reflect upon how as loved and accepted children of God we can share that blessing to love and accept a vulnerable child.
This is a fantastic book but prepare to be challenged about how you can practically make a difference to the lives of the vulnerable children in our world.

The Complete Call the Midwife Stories: True Stories of the East End in the 1950s

5.0 out of 5 stars Really loved it, 7 Mar. 2013
Great book. Gives you a bit of the gritty stuff not shown in the television series. Really enjoyed it :-)