Profile for A. S. Foote > Reviews

Content by A. S. Foote

A. S. Foote ""Footeman"" (Berkshire, U.K.)

I Will Survive: the Best of Gloria Gaynor
I Will Survive: the Best of Gloria Gaynor

4.0 out of 5 stars My friend found what she wanted..., 2 April 2013
I was asked by a friend to search for this track by Gloria Gaynor: I will survive, in the original format. i.e. not in a disco format. This because my friend sings with a group which was learning from this song with the music. As far as I can tell this is the original track as was in the hit parade all of those years ago, and so my friend Sylvia was satisfied with what she got.

Build Your Own Website
Build Your Own Website
by Kyle MacRae

4.0 out of 5 stars Second edition of this book by Haynes., 2 April 2013
This review is from: Build Your Own Website (Hardcover)
I have been ' messing ' with computers for years, and had come to some understanding about websites and how that they work. However, since I was looking to build my own I was casting around for more information and guidance on such subjects as servers and web hosting, whether to pay for your site or use free services. How to build in security, and perhaps how to set up a site to sell goods in normal use, such as clothes and shoes for people with particuar difficulties with locating what they need.

I also learned about the social networking sites for exchange of views, and the discussion as to whether this was more appropriate than setting up a specific site to deal with views. Particularly this is relevant to the use of mobile phone technology.

What makes an attractive site is made clear, as is what makes for a site that people will simply walk away from because it is too confusing.

I have written p.c. software, but here also is how to put the site together including such things as adding photographs and music.

Time Instruments TIM-039 Dash Top Mounting Pod
Time Instruments TIM-039 Dash Top Mounting Pod

4.0 out of 5 stars A low fitting pod for a supplimentary clock or gauge., 2 April 2013
The clock or gauge is well set back so that the glass is shielded from glare. However, some arrangement must be made so that the lamp fitted to the gauge is on all of the time else you cannot read the device.

ROTATING SINGLE 2"/52MM GAUGE POD FOR CAR DASHBOARD MOUNTING
ROTATING SINGLE 2"/52MM GAUGE POD FOR CAR DASHBOARD MOUNTING

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive pod for supplimentary gauges or clocks., 2 April 2013

Time Instruments TIM-008 Vacuum Gauge
Time Instruments TIM-008 Vacuum Gauge

4.0 out of 5 stars An age old favourite returns., 2 April 2013
It is an old fashioned idea to fit these instead of the modern ' Turbo Boost ' gauge. If you understand how to use these properly then they are still successful even with an injection engine, which is what I am going to use mine with.

Shows engine faults like poor vacuum, bad valves and cylinders etc. I use it primarily as a driving gauge to show when best to change gear for power and economy.

FiiO E3 Headphone Amplifier - Black
FiiO E3 Headphone Amplifier - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected little Diamond., 2 April 2013
I wanted a generic headphones amplifier for general use. This has a strap ring to hang it on. It does all that I want with only one battery to power it. Fiddly battery draw, but I would think that this has hifi sound.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars New life for old bones., 3 Jun 2010
I have have had my old Motorola C520 mobile phone since the early days of digital phones in circa 1998. It is still in good condition, and with a special back it could be used with standard AA type batteries, but this required the purchase of an accessory special back from Motorola. Most people didn't buy them so they are as rare as hen's teeth these days, making the AA battery option redundant. I wanted to keep the thing alive if possible, and so I used a succession of 'new' batteries from various sources to replace the original one when it wore out. Some only lasted a few months and some simply would not hold charge right from the start.

Earlier this year I was getting a little dispondent, and it really looked like the thing would have to be recycled after all - as I say - since I cannot find a back for the AA batteries anywhere I seemed to have little option.

Prepared for the worst I again looked on Amazon and noted that the number of offerings of this generic battery for the series of Motorola phones had shrunk markedly since these are now all old units.

I decided hang the cost and ordered two. They arrived in a day or two and immediately went on charge - I actually have two of these phones. They are supposed to charge for sixteen hours as the original one did but both were done in six and: the screen of the phones showed a charging symbol which I have never seen before. Usually they simply sat there blank until the charge process was complete.

I would rate these as first class batteries since the charger is clearly not overwhealmed by them as happens with poor ones and in any case the old phones are back to full health and vigour.