Profile for cescob > Reviews

Disco-Antistat Record Cleaner
Offered by divineaudio
Price: 42.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb record cleaner at a great price, 2 Oct 2011
I have a very large and extensive record collection and was looking at the very expensive alternatives when I found this cleaning system on Amazon. I had read the concerns on the cleaning solution supplied but even this didn't deter me as it is great value just for the bath system alone and thought that if I am not happy with the liquid supplied then I would make my own (which is not difficult to do).

I have since tested the product on 10 different records. Some were LP's some EP's and one a 12" single. The first record I tested was a very dirty EP which played with alot of background noise. After using the system and cleaning solution supplied the record came out super clean and looked brand new. When it dried (the instructions state that this takes approximately 7 mins), I played it to see if there was any accumulation on my Ortofon needle but it was clean (and the record sounded great, no backgorund noise at all). I then tested the 12" single and again this came out very clean and also did not accumulate anything on the needle. When I played the albums I did notice an accumulation of some residue on the needle. So the solution does seem to leave some residue behind, maybe the size of the grooves also has an influence on this issue? (i.e. as albums have smaller grooves than EP's and 12" singles?)

Having tested the solution I am personally happy to use it again, but would recommend that you test it first and if not happy make your own.

I think this product is well worth 5 stars (even if it were sold without the solution) as the system itself is great: the bath (with internal quality goat hair cleaning brushes), a clamp to help turn the record but also protects the label while in the bath and a rack to hold up 15 records (which fits into the base of the bath unit when not being used to save space).

Strontium Dog: Search/destroy Agency Files: v. 4 (2000 Ad Strontium Dog 4)
Strontium Dog: Search/destroy Agency Files: v. 4 (2000 Ad Strontium Dog 4)
by John & Grant, Alan Wagner
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, 28 Feb 2009
This is more of the same quality art by Ezquerra and quality writing by Alan Grant. Recommended!

2008 Comic Book Checklist & Price Guide (Comic Book Checklist and Price Guide)
2008 Comic Book Checklist & Price Guide (Comic Book Checklist and Price Guide)
by Maggie Thompson

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor , poor comic book guide, 29 May 2008
I found this guide to be the poorest guide I have ever seen. I have a number of guides (including some excellent out of print guides) which are all far better than this guide. For an up to date guide the Overstreet guide is far superior.

I feel I've purchased an over the top "listing of comics". I could have typed number 1 to 300 on a spreadsheet and used this to control the comics I have instead of this book.

Don't waste your money on this guide and purchase any other comic guide. (I'm sure it will be better than this one).

Killer Web Content: Make the Sale, Deliver the Service, Build the Brand
Killer Web Content: Make the Sale, Deliver the Service, Build the Brand
by Gerry McGovern
Price: 15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars More killer and less filler please, 12 Aug 2007
I found this book to be quite poor. I bought it based on the recommendation of Amazon readers (most gave the book 5 stars). The problem I found was that the book talks about writing killer content (and not filler content), but the book itself is guilty of this as it contains loads of filler content and hardly any "killer" content (i.e. what I bought the book for in the first place).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2010 4:25 PM BST