Profile for Fizzybee > Reviews

Fizzybee (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money - use Wikipedia instead, 21 July 2012
This book, whilst clearly described here is quite simply information assimilated from Wikipedia and stuff you could find out for yourself. Really, do yourself a favour and put the money towards one of the books instead as I remember them being a great read when I was a kid!

Air Hanging Swing Hammock - Cream/White
Air Hanging Swing Hammock - Cream/White

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality - better chairs out there, 27 Jun 2012
This is a very disappointing product, not worth the money. Fortunately I bought it from the same seller on a different site for less, but whilst the delivery service was excellent, the product quality is very poor. There were no instructions included and had to rely on the web pictures to construct. The rope for the foot rest is way too short (unless you like your feet level with your head!) so some significant adjustment was required. The varnish on the wooden battens was covered in drip marks and when trying to roll it up to put it away (into a very flimsy carry bag), the webbing caps to hold the battens fell off in some places so now I have to figure out how to put these back on.

The 'kettle bag' AKA drinks holder is not worth even looking at as I wouldn't trust any drink to it (unless I wasn't bothered about actually having anything left in it to drink!)

It seems like a bad copy of other chairs out there, but on here is being advertised at the same price. Save your money and look elsewhere. I only gave it 1 star because I had to.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean 4184: Black Pearl
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean 4184: Black Pearl
Offered by Japan_Hobby_Shop
Price: 352.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sail off into their bedrooms...., 8 Feb 2012
My 7 year old was desperate to buy the Black Pearl with his Christmas money, being a huge Lego fan (and Pirates of the Caribbean Fan). It didn't take him as long to build as some of the other sets and because of the sail height, it does have a tendency to break (but is easily rebuilt) and looks very impressive when complete.

There is some lovely detail in the model and he has spent many hours so far with his Lego Storm Troopers, Ninjas and a cast of seemingly thousands storming the ship. The minifigures included are excellent characterisations of the main film characters and whilst it was an expensive set, it is proving to be very popular. The only downside is that we have to put it away when one of his accident prone friends comes to play as it is not as robust as some of the sets, but I guess you expect that a bit, with it being a ship.

It's great for imaginative play and is probably more universally used than any other Lego set we have (it has sailed Ninjas, Darth Vader and Harry Potter but the Pirates don't tend to play in the Ninjago Fire Temple or Death Star in return).

Neoprene Sleeve for New Kindle Keyboard Kindle Fire Tablet Kindle 3 Kindle Wireless Reading Device Latest Generation 3G WIFI 6" Generation (Blue)
Offered by BestpricecenterUK
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug as a bug, 8 Feb 2012
I wanted something to protect my Kindle from the knocks of every day life. I had also purchased a silicone case and was pleased to find that this would comfortably take the kindle IN the silicone case for additional protection. The product is good quality and well made. The handy front pocket can be used for the charging lead (or I use it for my phone so I have everything I need in one place).

A good buy - very pleased with it :-)

Proporta BeachBuoy - Waterproof eReader Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Touch Kindle 4 Kindle 3 Kindle Wi-Fi / Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi / Kindle Paperwhite PW Touch 4 3 Google Nexus 7 - Up to 5 metres - approved by the British Standards Institute
Offered by Proporta
Price: 19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars No more soggy paperbacks, 8 Feb 2012
I ummed and ahhhed about spending this much on a waterproof case, as there are plenty of alternatives for less money out there. I'm glad that I did as it's robust, watertight and I needn't worry about suncream or sand in my Kindle on holiday. I think it's worth spending a few extra quid to get something reliable, as it costs a lot more than that to replace a waterlogged Kindle. I only gave it 4 stars as it's quite big for the 6" kindle and I would have preferred something a little more 'figure hugging' but I can't complain about the quality and functionality.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy toesy, 8 Feb 2012
Lovely product - nicely packaged. I ended up swapping the size 3-5 for size 6-8 (I'm usually a size 5) to get the right fit. Good quality finish and a stylish addition to any Hunter wellies! My legs already filled the boots quite snugly, without the socks so I do sometimes struggle to get the boots off when I have the fleecy socks in, but that's not the products fault, just my big legs!

See Inside Famous Buildings (Usborne See Inside)
See Inside Famous Buildings (Usborne See Inside)
by Rob Lloyd Jones
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy for all ages, 8 Feb 2012
I'm a big fan of the 'See inside' series, with my 7 year old being fascinated by the brain and body books. I bought this to broaden his knowledge in a fun and interesting way. It covers landmark (not necessarily all that famous) buildings across the world in an easy to read and understand way. The plethora of hidden flaps makes each one exciting to read and the fold out page at the back of the book is an interesting way to put the size of the buildings into perspective.

My 9 year old also could not put this book down - we used it for general geography awareness by looking on a world map for the countries in which the buildings were situated - a fun exercise.

I'd thoroughly recommend the book for a wide range of ages - it's the kind of thing they pick up frequently. Money well spent :-)

Nespresso CitiZ by Krups XN720540 Coffee Machine, Fire Engine Red
Nespresso CitiZ by Krups XN720540 Coffee Machine, Fire Engine Red
Price: 119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up and smell the coffee, 2 July 2011
I've thought long and hard about buying one of these machines and almost been put off by the lack of coffee capsule pricing information readily available prior to becoming a Nespresso club member. I decided to take the plunge and am really glad that I did - this particular model was chosen as I like a long coffee and some of the smaller, cheaper Nespresso machines won't accomodate a normal size mug. All I have to do here is flip up the platform and my jumbo mug fits just fine. The variety of coffee blends is pretty good and when you purchase a new machine and register it, you can buy a mixed box (which comes complete with a Discovery Box to store two of each flavour in). The prices from Nespresso direct are reasonable for coffee of this quality, but it's never going to be as cheap as drinking instant coffee. You're looking at about 30p per cup (a little more with p&p added in), but my advice is not to bother to buy capsules off eBay as they are considerably more expensive this way. Just buy direct - the service is excellent and it's cheaper. If you can afford one of these machines, you're probably the kind of person that doesn't baulk at paying 2+ for a coffee in Costa and therefore 30p a cup in the grand scheme of things is very reasonable!

The machine itself is quite long and thin, but not overly cumbersome. The water temperature is ready in seconds. I follow their advice and warm the cup by running water through first as I like my coffee steaming hot. Whilst it has automatic dispensing for espresso and larger cups, you can set this to your own levels according to the size of cup you use. I preferred the handle on this to the bar on the Pixie to open/close the capsule chute as the handle feels more solid. With the size of cup I drink, the water reservoir goes down very quickly and at the back of the machine, its not the most accessible, but it is easy to remove once you have access. The smell of the freshly made coffee is almost worth the money in itself!

I tried to think if there was anything I would knock a star off for, but really there isn't anything. Well not yet. I'm still in the honeymoon period........
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2011 10:09 AM GMT

Leonardo the Terrible Monster
Leonardo the Terrible Monster
by Mo Willems
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific story!, 22 Sep 2010
We had this book from the library and loved it so much, I just had to buy it.

A lovely story with a happy ending, ideal for bed times. My boys love pulling faces to match those of Leonardo as illustrated in the book (possibly why it's become one of my favourites too!).

One slight downside is that the text on the double pages where Sam has his rant is quite difficult to read, but it's so funny that once you've mastered it, it really doesn't matter.

The book itself is quite large compared to the rest of the bookshelf, but this makes it easier to share so all 3 of the boys can see it.

Buy it, read it, love it!

Tefal Pro Express Turbo GV8360 Steam Generator, Anti Scale, 1.8 Litre Water Tank

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it's weight in ironing!, 22 Sep 2010
This was my first foray in to steam generating irons, and I'm loving it. If you've never had one before, the unit is heavy (even when empty) and takes up much more space, but the results are worth it.

I wouldn't say it cuts ironing time in half (well, not for me, anyway) but I get much better results for less effort.

The lock which secures the iron to the base seems sturdy and it can be locked on even when hot. The iron itself is stable when rested on it's end - I find that the steam pipe between the base and the iron is long enough to be able to rest the base on the floor (on account of it's size) whilst still being able to reach the extremities of the board with the iron.

The water tank is easily refillable and whilst never having had one of these before, it wasn't as noisy as I had expected it to be (other than the steam shot, but then I guess you have to expect that).

If I had one criticism, it would be that I could have done with a slightly longer power cord (it only just stretches from a socket on a left hand wall to the right hand end of the board), but the cord rewind makes it easy to put away, as does the slot to poke the steam pipe into which hides it away in the base.

On my experience so far, definitely worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2