Profile for Harry > Reviews

Apple Magic Trackpad
Apple Magic Trackpad
Offered by FRElectronics
Price: 48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Please forgive the extremely pretentious name: "Magic" Trackpad, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: Apple Magic Trackpad (Accessory)
To minimise the risk of RSI, I rotate the pointing device I use - for example, one week it will be the Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet, the next it will be this device. (I also cycle from left hand to right hand). So, this massively helps reduce finger pain.

Now the biggest drawback of this object is actually its absurd, pretentious name. I cringed a little when I saw this product and the name. I don't know why, I just did.

I personally love it and can navigate and just get things done, very quickly. I love the three-finger-drag (you have to enable it - annoyingly it's a bit buried it the 'System Preferences' window, which you can open by clicking on the little Apple logo in the top left of your screen)

I'm not going to comment on what it looks like, because that's irrelevant to me. I used it alongside the (Aluminium) Apple Keyboard, it's at a similar inclination and the touch is just so responsive. It's beautiful and fluid, like an iPhone. I can compare it to a Wacom Bamboo Touch (Pen not included) (which I bought a year before the Magic Trackpad came out) and it is infinitely superior. (Not to put down the Wacom Touch tablet, but this is just on an other level)

Note that you cannot really use this as your sole device if you're doing graphic design. You do not *need* this product, but it will complement what you already have and make you more productive.

Dianetics: The Original Thesis
Dianetics: The Original Thesis
by L. Ron Hubbard

1.0 out of 5 stars Appalling, 30 Jan 2011
The writing is this book is like diarrhoea. Hubbard must have been smoking crack when he write this. If you enjoyed this book, and think it will help you with science or mental health, then I'm a Nigerian price who can make you a millionaire -- just send me your bank details

2010 wrapped up like a bag of chips. The Final Version.
2010 wrapped up like a bag of chips. The Final Version.
Price: 2.96

4.0 out of 5 stars "I haven't read this book, but that doesn't stop me from having a very strong opinion" - Nick Abbot quote, 14 Dec 2010
I have heard all the audio, and can attest that he is funny and witty. You too, can relive the events of 2010

PERHAPS, it would be far more advisable to sign up for the super-duper podcast service. (I suppose Abbot wouldn't get direct royalties from this though; cash goes to LBC)

A solution: maybe Abbot could create a new recording, for Audible, an Amazon company (which can also be delivered via iTunes). (I suppose LBC own the copyright to the actual audio from the shows). As he is a DJ (hey dee-jay!) he could, like, mix the audio himself.

Not really sure how this works as just text. Just shapes on a (virtual) page? Seems so quaint! Nick, please step into the 80s!

For centuries to come, I believe historians covering 2010 will use this as the reference book.

I have to deduct a star for the massive close up of his face. He ought to have removed his sunglasses

Team America: World Police [DVD]
Team America: World Police [DVD]
Dvd ~ Trey Parker
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest film ever made, 1 Jun 2010
This film is a work of genius. I am in stitches everytime I watch it. Razor sharp satire, what's not to like?

Plantronics Audio 990 Bluetooth Stereo Headset
Plantronics Audio 990 Bluetooth Stereo Headset

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for about a week, 5 May 2010
Save your money; these headphones are poor. The battery deteriorates extremely quickly!
- The connection drops all the time
- The biggest problem is latency; sometimes it is perfect but invariably teh delay makes watching movies difficult as the sound is so out of sync!

Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science
Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science
by L. Ron Hubbard

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to do with science, 24 April 2008
This is one of Hubbard's worst books. He should have stuck with the science-fiction: I loved his books on aliens and thetans: they were a riot.

Putting science in the title of the book is more than a little misleading! Where is the number for Trading Standards...?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5