Profile for L. Baldachin > Reviews

Content by L. Baldachin

L. Baldachin "lalamuh" (Maidenhead, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Interpretation of Geological Structures Through Maps: An Introductory Practical Manual
by Derek Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, practical in focus, 18 Sep 2011
This book is a great way to cut your teeth on geological mapping and compiling information for geological field trips. Very useful.

Applied Geophysics
Applied Geophysics
by W. M. Telford
Price: 63.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A most excellent book for geophysics, 18 Sep 2011
This review is from: Applied Geophysics (Paperback)
Having used this book for studies in geophysics myself, I cannot recommend this book highly enough. A brilliant book to use for practical geophysical methods and the maths that entails.

PHILIP\'S ASTRONOMY ENCYCLOPEDIA
PHILIP\'S ASTRONOMY ENCYCLOPEDIA
by Patrick (General editor) Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars An A-Z guide to the Universe, 18 Sep 2011
This has pretty much got anything you would ever need to look up for astronomy from PLANETARY BODIES to EQUIPMENT to SCIENTISTS to TERMINOLOGY. This book has it all, including hundreds of fabulous images and star maps. The general editor was Sir Patrick Moore, a star in his own right, supported by a team of respected academics.

This volume is a key reference book for anyone interested in astronomy, old or young. It's a mini-library to add to your library.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2011 4:43 PM BST

Olay Total Effects Touch Of Foundation Dark Cream 50ml
Olay Total Effects Touch Of Foundation Dark Cream 50ml

4.0 out of 5 stars 5* product with a 2* price, 11 Aug 2010
This product is a 5* all rounder. I get acne in response to alot of moisturisers and foundation makeup. Olay Total Effects is a quality product. You get a light enough moisturiser which is still effective on your skin, foundation which isn't heavy enough to cause break-outs (I left the teenage years behind a long time ago) and yet evens up your skin tone.

Only complaint: my, isn't that price tag heavy! Thank goodness for wishlists!

Olay SPF15 Total Effects Touch of Maxfactor Moisturiser Foundation - Medium - 50 ml
Offered by BrandedBeauty

Diary of an On-call Girl: True Stories from the Front Line
by E.E. Bloggs
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly embarrassed me on the train..., 22 Nov 2007
as I sniggered loudly to myself, causing people to look at me warily from the corners of their eyes.

Whether you're into police-type stories or not, this is a very amusing book and rather a good insight into the way the police force "works". Or so I've been told. I'm not an officer, but I certainly found this enlightening.

I have a healthy respect for people who stay in the Force and battle on, despite all the madness.

The World Is Outside (Uk Cd)
The World Is Outside (Uk Cd)
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 5.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Just seen them live!, 19 Jun 2007
I haven't listened to the album for these guys yet, but I've checked out their MySpace area and saw them at Wireless 2007 London. They play REALLY well and the sound of their songs is good. I'd describe them as a similar sound to Keane but the next step up in being rocky. So if you like the Coldplay / Keane sound and fancy something a little more bangin', this is the band for you!!

Silencer
Silencer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little rock band and album from NZ, 4 May 2007
This review is from: Silencer (Audio CD)
I picked up this album in New Zealand a few years ago when their great single "Renegade Fighter" was blaring out the radio.

The album is a great collection of rock songs and I sorely regret losing my CD - I'm currently looking for another one!

If you like Killers, Franz Ferdinand etc. you'll appreciate Zed.

The Crucible: A Play in Four Acts (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Crucible: A Play in Four Acts (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Arthur Miller
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant example of small-town thinking, 26 Mar 2007
Great story. This illustrates much in human behaviour around "witch hunts", be this communism, witchcraft, or whatever.

It is NOT historical fact, but a view of the small-town thinking, suspicious, back-stabbing, jealousy and greedy nature of characters which can be surfaced by opportunity. Wonderful scenes of hysteria which made me laugh too.

Easy to follow, but with something to dig your teeth into.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6