Profile for Mr. R. Boutcher > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Boutcher

Mr. R. Boutcher "Gadget adict" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Maxsima - NB-6L Compatible Battery for Canon
Maxsima - NB-6L Compatible Battery for Canon
Offered by Cameramarket UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but..., 5 Aug 2011
The first of these that I ordered failed to hold its charge, running out in the camera after only 45 minutes (not good when it's underwater in a housing!). Fortunately, having contacted the supplier, they have replaced it with a properly working one without any quibble and very quickly.

Collins Official Scrabble Words
Collins Official Scrabble Words
by Collins Dictionaries

5.0 out of 5 stars How many words?, 2 July 2011
I know that the English language is a wide and diversified thing, but I could not possibly have imagined that our twenty-six letter alphabet could be combined in quite so many different and, apparently, meaningful ways. This book is crammed with words that probably no-one other than a Scrabble buff would ever have heard of, let alone used in everyday conversation.

It is an absolute must if you play the game and don't have a photographic memory of the full OED in your head. Mix your tiles up and then look at the book to see if the jumble you have is actually a word - chances are pretty high that it will be!

Two slight negatives for me - I wish it had even just a brief explanation of what the words mean, although I guess that takes the twenty-odd volumes of the full dictionary to achieve, and a quick summary page showing all the valid two-letter words would be a real bonus. Otherwise, it does what it says on the tin - more so than you could believe without seeing it.

Navigon 8310 Satellite Navigation System - Europe Traffic 3D Silver Multimedia
Navigon 8310 Satellite Navigation System - Europe Traffic 3D Silver Multimedia

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost, but not quite..., 26 July 2009
This unit has some fantastic features, but many of them don't quite deliver on their promises. I have found the camera warnings poor compared to, say the Snooper range; the My Routes feature isn't what I expected as it offers three alternative routes and doesn't appear to take into account the partial routes I have used with the unit before; the warning of bends only seems to happen as I turn into the bend which could be a bit late it I'm going too fast; I haven't yet seen the promised 'reality view' landmarks. The first time I used it, the voice prompts simply stopped and I had to re-set and re-boot the system to get them back. Some of the advised road speed limits are wrong. Having said all this, the voice activation is great, the mapping software is good and the spoken directions with road names are excellent. If only some of those special features that you're paying the extra for worked as well as they should...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3