Profile for Friendly Dragon > Reviews

Content by Friendly Dragon

Friendly Dragon "Graeme" (Sussex, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Rope Light Animated Sitting Reindeer - 78cm - Outdoor Christmas Lighting
Rope Light Animated Sitting Reindeer - 78cm - Outdoor Christmas Lighting
Offered by Christmas Concepts Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 21 Jan. 2015
Quickly stopped working. First the motor failed, then a section of the lights.

Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent
Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 Jan. 2015
Heats up very quickly but doesn't leave the floor as clean as I'd hoped.

WD My Book Studio 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive with Metal Enclosure
WD My Book Studio 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive with Metal Enclosure

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Jan. 2015
Expensive for a 2TB drive, but works seamlessly.

The Ghost Hunters
The Ghost Hunters
by Neil Spring

5.0 out of 5 stars Humanises Harry Price, 21 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Ghost Hunters (Paperback)
In the past I had known of Harry Price only as a publicity-courting charlatan — this fact-based novel succeeds in fleshing him out into a complex and deeply flawed man.
Puts between-the-wars psychic research into a sound social context and by novelising the facts (which the author sticks to very closely) makes the story fascinating. I was very pleased to find some original photographs of the original physical phenomena included, and a new interpretation of one of them.
I enjoyed this novel enormously, sometimes trying to consciously read more slowly to make it last a little longer.
Now I'm going to re-read the original SPR investigation, "The Haunting of Borley Rectory" (Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research, Vol. 51 Pt 186, 1956).
I'm looking forward to reading more by Neil Spring!

What is a Photograph?
What is a Photograph?
by Carol Squiers

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, poorly organised., 9 July 2014
This review is from: What is a Photograph? (Hardcover)
Very interesting, although the organisation of the text and the photographs could have been much more conveniently arranged. Reading this book involves a LOT of Post-It Notes!

Going Back Home
Going Back Home

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Going Back Home (Audio CD)
There is an excellent track on this.

EasyAcc® Ultra Slim iPad Air Smart Case Cover with Stand / Auto Sleep Wake-up for Apple iPad Air / iPad 5 (Top Premium PU Leather, Folded Cover Design, Black)
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with this., 9 July 2014
The case is just fine.
The entire fascia of the iPad is exposed, which is what a wanted having previously used a slip-in case which trapped a lot of dirt.
The Volume and Power buttons are a little difficult to access due to the case design, and when the front cover is folded back the camera lens is completely obscured.

Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm f4-5.8 ASPH/MEGA OIS Lens (Black)
Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm f4-5.8 ASPH/MEGA OIS Lens (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good image quality, though rather large and heavy., 5 Jun. 2014
I love this lens! Reviews had not been uniformly outstanding so I tried it 'on approval' and thought it was great. Image quality is excellent, although physically it is fairly large and fairly heavy which, unfortunately, means that once fitted to my Panasonic GX1 it isn't exactly a go-everywhere-with-me kit... but I do take it wherever I can accommodate it.

Book of Mercy
Book of Mercy
by Leonard Cohen

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult, 10 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Book of Mercy (Paperback)
I bought this at the same time as LC's Book of Longing, which I enjoyed enormously.

The Book of Mercy is beautifully designed, laid out and printed. As for the contents, I found this fairly inaccessible; there are so many Jewish references that with a non-Jewish background I found myself often puzzled and set adrift by the Talmudic references in the text.

Dreamweaver CS4 for Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Dreamweaver CS4 for Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
by Janine Warner

3.0 out of 5 stars Still foxed by CSS, 9 April 2010
Dreamweaver CS4 for Dummies was not as helpful as I'd hoped. I've experienced one or two problems not covered in the book, and I'm still pretty much foxed by CSS -- and since that is what DW CS4 relies on, that's a bit of a problem.

Page: 1 | 2