Profile for Margaret jarvis > Reviews

A Respectable Trade
A Respectable Trade
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Respectable Trade, 18 July 2014
An unusual book for me to read, at first I found it a little hard going but eventually got into the story of it and enjoyed it. A dreadful life for those taken from their home to be used as slaves to be used at a whim. 3.5 stars.

The Gilded Lily
The Gilded Lily
Price: 1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The Gilded Lily, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Gilded Lily (Kindle Edition)
A little slow to start with then picked up with pace to the point I was imagining all sorts of things way before it happened and I had got it wrong. Enjoyable read. Give 4 star rating.

More Than Charming (Book 3 Dashing Nobles Series)
More Than Charming (Book 3 Dashing Nobles Series)
Price: 1.81

2.0 out of 5 stars More Than Charming, 11 May 2014
A good holiday read of which I decided to read early. I have read all in the series enjoyed them all recommend to any who likes a light hearted romp. 4star rating.

Shivering Sands (Casablanca Classics)
Shivering Sands (Casablanca Classics)
Price: 2.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Shivering Sands, 14 April 2014
Once again another enjoyable story by Victoria Holt found I couldn't wait to get to the end so see who was the murderer needless to say I guessed wrong the whole way through it kept me in suspense and I found I was picking it up to read every second I had to spare. I am now looking for more books by this author to read. Rating 4.5 stars.

India Fan (Casablanca Classics)
India Fan (Casablanca Classics)
Price: 4.27

2.0 out of 5 stars India Can (Casablanca Classics), 9 April 2014
I read this book many years ago so thought I would give it another go and thoroughly enjoyed it and couldn't remember the story at all. I love the books by Victoria Holt so now shall be looking out for more if these to read. 5star rating.

Court of Traitors (Bridget Manning #2)
Court of Traitors (Bridget Manning #2)
Price: 1.86

3.0 out of 5 stars Court if Traitors, 28 Mar 2014
Having read this book the wrong way round I soon picked it up and have to say it didn't take me long to get through it enjoyable from start to finish and had me on edge in certain parts wondering if she would survive Henry's temper. I now intend to read the first book. 4star rating

Roan Rose
Roan Rose
Price: 2.05

3.0 out of 5 stars ROAN ROSE, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Roan Rose (Kindle Edition)
Not sure of this book at first but was hooked from the beginning really enjoyed this story of the tough life she led. 4star rating

Elizabeth, Captive Princess
Elizabeth, Captive Princess
Price: 4.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Elizabeth, Captive Princess, 8 Mar 2014
This book gives an insight into how Elizabeth's life was as she grew older quite remarkable she came close many times to lose her life but managed to survive, history could have been quite different had she been executed by her sister. 4 star rating.

The Most to Lose
The Most to Lose
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars The Most to Lose, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Most to Lose (Kindle Edition)
Another enjoyable quick read which I completed in two days, I shall purchase more of these as a good holiday read, you can completely lose yourselves in these books. 4star rating

A Risk Worth Taking
A Risk Worth Taking
Price: 3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars A Risk Worth Taking, 21 Feb 2014
A nice romantic novel, I did guess who the murderer was early on but a nice escape novel to read. 3star rating

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4