Profile for Paul Livingstone > Reviews

Content by Paul Livingstone

Paul Livingstone

Agile Web Development with Rails: A Pragmatic Guide (Pragmatic Programmers)
Agile Web Development with Rails: A Pragmatic Guide (Pragmatic Programmers)
by David Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Rails is fantastic!, 22 Aug. 2005
If you want to develop using Ruby on Rails... there's no doubt about it, you need this book. An incredible book for an incredible framework.

M1000 Soundbridge - now inc. FREE WIFI adaptor
M1000 Soundbridge - now inc. FREE WIFI adaptor

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical Connectivity at it's best!, 10 Jun. 2005
The Roku Soundbridge is an awesome product. Simple as that. I use it with my iMac G5 through a wireless router, using iTunes to serve up the music. If you are familiar with the fantastic interface of iTunes, then you'll take to this like a duck to water. My house is completely concrete and I expected problems with connectivity, however the signal and sound is utterly flawless. This device has utterly changed how I listen to music, I haven't touched a CD in weeks. Highly, highly recommended!

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars An utterly convincing & heart-wrenching tale, 5 May 2005
I have just this minute finished reading this book, and I am at once crushed and elated. I feel like I don't ever want to read another book again. I feel like I'd be cheating myself, it was that good. The characters in the novel are so well fleshed out, that they have become real to me. So real that I'm going to miss them.
I beg of you to read this utterly heart-wrenching but incredibly fascinating story. Possibly the best book I have ever read. Now that doesn't happen too often.

The Soul Sessions
The Soul Sessions
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars I invite you to all fall in love with Joss Stone..., 29 Nov. 2003
This review is from: The Soul Sessions (Audio CD)
I bought this album after hearing her rendition of the White Stripe's "Fell in love with a boy" on Jonathan Ross's show on BBC Radio 2. I listened to the track.. and was convinced I was listening to a new soul legend. Her voice is amazing. It turns out she is 16 and comes from Devon, england.
Every single song is breathtaking. I am not a big fan of R&B.. in fact I prefer Alternative music.. but you cannot ignore this girl.
I strongly advise you to take a chance.. and check this album out.