Profile for Mary Catherine Martinez > Reviews

Content by Mary Catherine...

Mary Catherine Martinez

Fuzz Off Lint Remover Fluff Removing Machine
Fuzz Off Lint Remover Fluff Removing Machine
Offered by Bargains 4 Ever

4.0 out of 5 stars Serves its purpose well, 20 Dec 2013
I have used this item on clothing and sheet sets with success. The build is a bit flimsy, but it works. Battery operated is great so I can take it anywhere. The size is a good compromise. I'd like it bigger for things like sheets, but that would be too big for most clothing items.

All in all worth the investment!

Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a fan like I am, 20 Dec 2013
I absolutely love the Harry Potter books. I don't like everything about the movies, but this collection was the right price for me. I particularly love that it's region free since I'm in the UK now but will not be forever. This is a must have for anyone on a budget who likes the movies but doesn't neeeeeed all of the extras. Bigger bonus is that they are on Bluray. At the time of this review, the DVD set is only about 6 GBP cheaper. Might as well splurge on this set!

20 x Home Office Window Drapes Curtain Fabric Hanging Clips with Hook
20 x Home Office Window Drapes Curtain Fabric Hanging Clips with Hook
Offered by SWT

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 20 Dec 2013
These are doing the job holding up my curtains, but quality control is not their strong suit in manufacturing. The wire is quite flexible and some of the springs were not quite in place making a couple of clips useless. However, these are cheap enough that you can buy an extra pack for replacements and all will be ok.

Aladdin 0.6 Litre Aveo Water Bottle, Green
Aladdin 0.6 Litre Aveo Water Bottle, Green
Offered by Madster Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 20 Dec 2013
The only con is that you have to make sure the top is totally closed (it seems like it's closed, but go a little further and you can twist a decent amount more). Otherwise I love my Aladdin bottle. It comes with me to work almost every day now.

TG Cases® New Apple iPad Air, iPad 5 (Released November 2013) Premium Folio PU Leather Case / Cover / Wallet and Flip Stand With Built-in Magnet For Standby Sleep / Wake Feature + 1 Included Screen Protector and Stylus Pen for New Apple iPad Air 5th Generation - Life-Time Warranty - (Available in Multiple Colors) (Blue)
Offered by Tech-Cessory Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars It'll do for now, 20 Dec 2013
This case is alright. I needed something quickly, so I ordered this while I wait on more heavy duty cases to be made for the iPad Air. The iPad does not always like to stay ALL the way in the case, which is where it needs to be for everything to line up with the case.

Mainly, the camera on the screen side gets partially blocked by the round hole in the cover. I flipped the iPad so it would be upside down (having the home button up where the camera hole is), but this blocks the camera on the back of the iPad. My best solution when using the camera (say for Skype or FaceTime) is to remove the iPad from the case.

I also have trouble making the notification centre from the top show up because the case gets in the way. The same is also true for the bottom menu/settings bar. I end up wedging my finger between the iPad and the case carefully so as not to open apps in the bottom dock.

I've used the Otterbox on an older iPad with great results, so I would opt for one of those if you don't mind the cost difference.

43" (110cm) Collapsible / Portable Photographic Lighting Disc Reflector for Studio or On-Site Use - Translucent, Gold, Silver, White & Black w/ BAG!
Offered by iTekLife Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, 21 April 2013
I'm an amateur photog, only self taught and I've never had a reflector before. I must say I'm glad I read reviews. This size seems quite large if you've never had one, but I think it's fantastic! You really need that extra coverage when shooting anything that isn't a product shot in a studio. The diffuser did well with a mock newborn setup (I used a baby doll on a beanbag) & some direct window light. If it were any smaller, I would have had bright light around the edges of the beanbag (probably only 4 or 5 cu ft).

I'm satisfied with the build quality. I can't imagine anything being much more substantial. When I zip the cover over the diffuser it's a tight fit, but that should be expected. You don't want a floppy reflector. You can shimmy the diffuser down the cover a bit and it makes it easier to zip.

I've found the diffuser on its own is hard to collapse, but once I put the cover on, it's easy to fit back into the original bag.

Really for the price, you can't beat this deal. Treat your products well and they should outlast their expected expiration date.