Profile for Brittman > Reviews

Brittman

Quadrophenia - Live In London
Quadrophenia - Live In London

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterclass, 10 Jun 2014
70 years old and still showing them how it's done! I'm a audiophile/home cinema enthusiast who is normally very critical of live shows on bluray/dvd but this has been put together with the professionalism it deserves. Sound and picture quality are awesome with a nostalgic stage show and this absolute masterpiece of an album. Doesn't get any better! IVE GOT GOOSEBUMPS :-D

The Bourne Legacy (Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
The Bourne Legacy (Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Renner

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 8 Dec 2012
Seen alot of negative reviews for this movie but I've gotta say I thought it was awesome!! Enjoyed it easily as much as any of the other movies.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2012 8:21 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for buck!, 27 May 2012
Must agree with just about all the positive reviews here. I bought these on the strength of the tons of positive reviews all over the net. I already own grado sr325is and rs1i but I just had to hear what all the q701 fuss was all about and at £250 delivered I could hold out no more. At first listen I was honestly pleasantly surprised as I expected them to sound horrible before the burn in process but they stayed on my head for some hours. However contrary to some peoples beliefs "burn in" DOES EXIST and as I have three sets of phones and limited spare time letting these burn in on my head wasn't an option so I just left them plugged into my kitchen radio for a week and hey presto!! They have smoothed out just lovely improvements in just about every element of the music and I feel a lovely laid back relaxing presentation (compared to my Grado's anyway). According to many reviews I've read these headphones suffer from a lack in bass and I think this puts people off and nearly me too. But to be fair I think the bass is reminiscent to that of a descent stand mounted speaker just a soft puff of air rather than a floorstanders rumble. These must be the best bang for buck headphones I have ever bought. Amp these well, have a decent source, BURN IN, and enjoy :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2014 11:51 AM GMT

ASUS AM3+ SABERTOOTH 990FX S/L
ASUS AM3+ SABERTOOTH 990FX S/L

1.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTE JUNK!, 17 Dec 2011
Bought this on the stength of many positive reviews alas my experience with this board was not good! Chipset drivers seemed almost immpossible to install in win 7 and even after an extensive googling session still no joy although there seemed to be quite a few people in the same boat. However if you're planning on buying one of these and have the same problem just go into the chipset driver folder, highlight the setup exe and right click,select troubleshoot compatibility from the list and it should change settings to xp service pack 2 and the driver should load. Anyway even after this I could only achieve 2 channel sound then into the bargain it started crackling and popping through the speakers and then moved onto full blown crashes to blue screen of death on idle with everything at stock speeds! I mean the only time I've seen a blue screen on my previous board was when pushing it to the limits massively overclocked and playing the most demanding games. Maybe there are a few good un's out there but this one was a non runner for me and it was sent back with haste!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2012 5:20 PM GMT

SteelSeries 9HD Gaming Surface Mousepad (PC)
SteelSeries 9HD Gaming Surface Mousepad (PC)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overly versatile, 6 Dec 2011
I bought this mouse pad to use with my razer mamba and to be honest its not a match made in heaven. The mouse seems to hesitate and sometimes fall asleep while in use which is no use whatsoever to the modern gamer. I can't really say anything else about it as thats where my experience with mousepad ended.I fully expect it would be good with other mice out there but so far have no experience of this so the main bullet point of this review is dont buy one of these if you are using a mamba!

Xigmatek CAC-SXHH6-U02 Aegir SD128264 Double Layer H.D.T Cooling System
Xigmatek CAC-SXHH6-U02 Aegir SD128264 Double Layer H.D.T Cooling System

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cooler!, 6 Dec 2011
I bought this cooler for mt AMD 1090t as it was over heating whilst playing BF3. prior to buying this cooler I was using a zalman cooler only a few years old and thought it was doing quite a good job. When playng BF3 with the zalman cooler my PC was oc'd to 3.8 mhz and crashing regularly due to an over heated cpu running at 60 degrees and sometimes a little more. After fitting this cooler I was able to pump it up to 4.1 mhz and maybe further and achieve temps of 38 degrees under load during BF3 and what's more its also way quieter into the bargain! The only drawback is you will have to remove your motherboard to fit this cooler as you have to fit brackets on the back of it but it is worth it for the marvel of engineering. BRILLIANT!!