Profile for Jean > Reviews

Psyllium Husks 1kg
Offered by Buy Whole Foods Online
Price: 16.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Psyllium Husks 1kg (Misc.)
This is an amazing product which arrived very promptly

A Street Cat Named Bob: How One Man and His Cat Found Hope on the Streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How One Man and His Cat Found Hope on the Streets
by James Bowen
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob, 10 Mar 2014
This is a delightful true story which uplifts the soul. It is amazing that an injured stray cat has the power to transform a life. I have given this book to friends and family and everyone loves it. The cat and the writer come to life while you read and I am left pondering the power of these often neglected creatures who would surely help many other sufferers.

If Only in My Dreams
If Only in My Dreams
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual, 16 Feb 2014
I found this tale quite fascinating and original. In fact it seemed to be true. I liked the way the ending linked the two periods.

Zoo Station (John Russell and Effi Koenen Novel)
Zoo Station (John Russell and Effi Koenen Novel)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I was there in 1939 Germany, 16 Feb 2014
I could not put this book down and was sorry when it finished. I must read the rest of these stories.
the book is so well written that I was right there and anxious for the Jewish family.
David Downing writes as though he is watching events unfold. I am convinced that his picture is accurate.

White Beech: The Rainforest Years
White Beech: The Rainforest Years
Price: 10.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Read it, 16 Feb 2014
There is enthusiasm in the idea but I got rather bogged down with all the botanic details and as my kindle has broken I may well not finish the book.

How to Stay Out of the Doctor's Surgery; an Encyclopaedia for Alternative Healing
by Edward M & Goldfarb, Sylvia Wagner

3.0 out of 5 stars I wonder!, 24 Jun 2013
I find with most of these books that the advertisement is really enthusiastic but the substance of the book does not match the forecast. I must try to resist these advertisements in the future!

God Is Not A Christian
God Is Not A Christian
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 April 2013
I have great admiration for Desmond Tutu. he is outstanding as a Christian and leader. I find myself in tune with his theology and outlook. Oh for more leaders of his calibre.

Home Guard Humour
Home Guard Humour
by Campbell McCutcheon
Price: 4.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Home Guard Humour (Paperback)
I liked it very much but it was short! I expected many more jokes and cartoons than were given here.

The 5:2 Diet Book:  Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health
The 5:2 Diet Book: Feast for 5 Days a Week and Fast for 2 to Lose Weight, Boost Your Brain and Transform Your Health

4.0 out of 5 stars 5.2, 30 Mar 2013
As I am practising this way of eating it was a must have, but kindle is not the best medium for it as it is difficult to look back. I am sure that a paper back version would be better

Best Kept Secret (Clifton Chronicles Book 3)
Best Kept Secret (Clifton Chronicles Book 3)
Price: 3.59

2.0 out of 5 stars The book I waited for!, 30 Mar 2013
I was very disappointed with this book. I loved the first two of the Clifton Chronicles and waited with baited breath for this one only to find that it had, for me lost its way. It was for me as thought the author was tired of it all. the link with South America was very complex and I suppose the only way out was death.

Page: 1 | 2