Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Elyn" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
reEMERGENT, Book 4 of The Guardians of Vesturon
reEMERGENT, Book 4 of The Guardians of Vesturon
by A M Hargrove

5.0 out of 5 stars completion of a brilliant series of books, 10 Jun. 2013
Once again A M Hargrove has absorbed me into her world and she didn't disappoint. Re:emergent was an "I can't put it down" read from start to finish. Xarrid and Saylan's story is full of wonderful moments. Her journey back to Xarrid is truely remarkable. The battle against evil continues, but family and love continues forever.

H2O
H2O

3.0 out of 5 stars Water, Water everywhere!!!!, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: H2O (Kindle Edition)
H2O, well, I knew this meant water, and how right I was.

Now, the author introduced me to the whys and wherefores of the situation, but it was a bit 'soft' in the sci-fi area for me.

The pace picked up towards the middle of the book and it was towards the end that I realised who the alien was! Unfortunately, this was the only alien identified in the whole book, I won't go into the space ship and what that was up to, I won't spoil this for you!

It's ok, but not a book I would sing about. Sorry

The Human Experiment
The Human Experiment

5.0 out of 5 stars X-files in disguise???, 1 Jan. 2013
X-files and James Bond came to mind when I read this book. I must admit that I loved the X-files and the twists and turns that series generated and I am also a great James Bond fan, so this book is a must for those who like this style of writing.

However, back to The Human Experiment. At first I wasn't sure if it was a UFO plot, but as the story unfolded the evidence trail lead to the ultimate end, as the title suggests.

I found the author created the ground works very well, introducing us to very believable characters. The plot was gripping from the start with sinister government figures and assassins trying to stop the inevitable happening.

Very action packed and once again I could not put the book down had to read it to the end folks, enjoy!

Edge of Disaster (Edge Series Book 1)
Edge of Disaster (Edge Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outside the paranormal!, 1 Jan. 2013
Another great read from Annie Hargrove. I found this book by her by accident. Very adult in content and if you are easily offended by bad language and sexual behaviour then this is not the book for you, but great characters and a compelling story line that made me want to read the book straight off, honestly I could not put it down. Alexia and Pearce are the main characters, with a seedy guy stalking Alexia. Due to her past actions Alexia doesn't believe that anyone can love her, but Pearce does she confesses all to him and with all her faults he loves her with a passion. You must read this book Annie Hargrove fans, you'll love it.

Dark Waltz (A Praestani Novel) (Praestani series Book 1)
Dark Waltz (A Praestani Novel) (Praestani series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The story continues but up a notch, 10 Dec. 2012
Absolutely brilliant. Couldn't put it down. The plot was compelling and the romance seductive. Anne Hargrove's imagination knows no bounds. The 2 main characters have a battle of wits to over come evil and drown in their own desire for eachothers. Wonderful fusion. Can't wait until the next book.

Secrets (The Guardian Trilogy Book 1)
Secrets (The Guardian Trilogy Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Sloe start, 29 Aug. 2012
I found this novel slow going. I was not sure who the demon or jinni was and who the guardian was. I knew these people who appeared were either good or evil, but the writer was slow to present who was what. The death of the main character was predictable, but drawn out and i felt the writer could have moved her on sooner. Suspense was tried but for me not achieved.

Determinant, a YA Paranormal Romance (Book 3 of The Guardians of Vesturon)
Determinant, a YA Paranormal Romance (Book 3 of The Guardians of Vesturon)

5.0 out of 5 stars New characters and new relationships, 15 Aug. 2012
Book 3 - for me was a very slow start. I felt that the build up was not pacey enough. January was a bit of a 'wet weekend' and I felt she was overshadowed by Maddie. Although Maddie played a smaller role in this book she still commanded attention.

January and Rykerian were an interesting combination, the bonding was as expected and at times I wanted to move these 2 along. I felt the book picked up (and that is why I gave it 5 stars) when the new species were introduced and January's relationship developed with Turek. Tac is another character that has a lot to offer.

The developing relationships between these 3 nations was interesting.

My main thought regarding the 3 books to date is the way they demonstrate a sense of family love, protectiveness,true values that appear to be lacking today. There is love and understanding on how relationships develop and marriage happens before sex and respect and virtue are valued. The way this is woven into the reading material is subtle and all in all presents a positive and satisfying view of young adults and relationships which has been lost.

Book 3 also looks at how a death in the family affects everyone and I could feel the upset of all the characters, in fact I had tears in my eyes.

The birth of a child is always a joyous occasion and January and Rykerian's first born was such that I was laughing with Rykerian's antics, my thoughts were a very unprepared male, if you get my drift!

I got a lot out of reading all 3 books I hope you do to.

Resurrection, a YA Paranormal Romance (Book 2 of The Guardians of Vesturon Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great continuation of the story, 15 Aug. 2012
Book 2 - what can I say. I could not put it down. Maddie surely discovered herself through growth and ability. Who could go through the Guardian training? Done with grit and determination. Learning to trust and tell the truth to the ones that she love and who love her was a hard lesson for her.

I felt she was taken to the brink of her abilities and brought back by her own common sense, the love she had for Rayn. She is a truly remarkable character.

I could not wait to read the 3rd book.

Survival, a YA paranormal romance  (Book 1 of The Guardians of Vesturon Series)
Survival, a YA paranormal romance (Book 1 of The Guardians of Vesturon Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow love and the stars, 13 Aug. 2012
Exciting, action, sci- fi and romance a delicious combination gripping from start to finish. Hooked in by the author and ready to read the other 2 books. Once again WOW.

Yesterday's Flight
Yesterday's Flight

5.0 out of 5 stars Planes and Dino's Wow!, 7 May 2012
This book had me gripped from the very first page. It had a gripping story line and believable characters. I found the detail being unearthed gripping and the flash backs to 65 million years fascinating. You just knew they were all going to die but William survived 12 years. My wish was for an alternative ending and for the plane to be stopped, for me I would have loved a happy survival ending for them. Great read for people who like time travelling. Enjoy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3