Profile for mrslt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
John Adams Chocolate Lolly Maker
John Adams Chocolate Lolly Maker

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 10 July 2016
My 4 year old son saved for weeks and bought this with his pocket money. He bought it whilst it was discounted so got it for £16 instead of £30. At £16 I just think its a waste of money - at £30 I would have been furious!
Firstly, the little container to melt the chocolate does not hold enough chocolate to do all 4 lollies, so we ended up not using that at all and just melting the chocolate in the microwave.
Secondly, the tool to wrap the lolly did not actually work. You were supposed to put a bag on the lolly then stand the lolly in it, close the arms and then turn the wheel (which I assume should have tightened the arms around the bag, leaving you free to tie the bow). When trying to stand the lolly in the unit, it dropped down too much so that when you were trying to close the arms, it was closing around the chocolate itself rather than underneath it. After ages of faffing on I eventually got it to stand how it was supposed to, however when I turned the wheel, nothing happened so it didn't tighten. Again, we gave up on using this and just wrapped them by hand (when I say we, I mean me as this was too tricky for my little boy).
Thirdly, the lolly moulds have a little bit which folds over on itself and this keeps the lolly stick in place. After a few uses, we found that this little bit wouldn't stay in place and therefore the stick kept popping up out of the lolly.
Because of all the things that just didn't work, really I ended up doing most of it and my son had little to none involvement,
In all fairness, my son is just happy with the finished product, however I am completely unimpressed.
My advice is don't waste your money - buy some moulds, sticks, ribbon and bags off ebay instead,

Indoor Star Fairy Lights with 20 Colour Changing LEDs by Lights4fun
Indoor Star Fairy Lights with 20 Colour Changing LEDs by Lights4fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, would buy again., 15 April 2016
Bought these as a nighlight for my 4yr old. They're slightly brighter than I was expecting however they don't prevent him from sleeping at all, in fact he seems to like the fact that they give off a bit more light and I have to say he LOVES them. He's now excited to go to bed and because they're brighter, we no longer have to leave our bedroom light on as well. We leave them on all night and they don't get hot at all. Good purchase.

Doudou et Compagnie DC1308 Pink Lapin Bonbon Botties with Rattle (0-6 Months)
Doudou et Compagnie DC1308 Pink Lapin Bonbon Botties with Rattle (0-6 Months)

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely!, 15 April 2016
Bought as a present for my new born niece. Gorgeous.

Snakes and Ladders
Snakes and Ladders
Offered by SpecialOffers 4 U

4.0 out of 5 stars nice toy, shame there's no box., 7 April 2016
This review is from: Snakes and Ladders (Toy)
Bought for my 4yr old. Nice product, good quality. Only problem is that the dabbers and dice just come in a little bag that was sellotaped to the back and there is no box, so I can see the bag getting lost.

I am Superman (I Can Read Books: Level 2)
I am Superman (I Can Read Books: Level 2)
by Michael Teitelbaum

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book, 7 April 2016
Bought for my 4yr old. He can't read it himself yet, but as the book has pictures, he's quite content for me to read it to him at bedtime. Will be buying more.

New Superman Jigsaw Puzzle
New Superman Jigsaw Puzzle
Offered by BRickaverse®

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 7 April 2016
This review is from: New Superman Jigsaw Puzzle (Toy)
Bought this for my 4yr old for Easter and he was thrilled with it. Was good quality and I'm really pleased with the purchase.

Jumbo Games Fireman Sam Jigsaw Puzzle (35-Piece)
Jumbo Games Fireman Sam Jigsaw Puzzle (35-Piece)

4.0 out of 5 stars nice little peesent, 14 Feb. 2016
The puzzle came on time and my 4 year old was delighted with it. My only issue is not being able to specify which puzzle I want as I'd like to order the other 3. I've deducted a star due to this.

Peppa Pig Boy's Digital Watch with Blue Dial Digital Display and Blue Silicone Strap PP010

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor quality, 18 Oct. 2015
Bought this as a birthday present for my little boy. Looked fine but when took out of the casing, the back was damaged which meant that one half of the strap wouldn't attach to the face. Got a replacement which after wearing once, the strap again broke off. Would not recommend at all.

Peter Rabbit Collectable Lily Bobtail Plush Toy
Peter Rabbit Collectable Lily Bobtail Plush Toy
Offered by World Wide Shopping Mall Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little soft toy, 3 Jun. 2015
Nice little soft toy. Smaller than expected but probably my own fault as I didn't check the size. Is for my 3yr old who loves it, but will quickly look too small.

Galt Toys Galt Toys Giant Floor Puzzle Contruction Site
Galt Toys Galt Toys Giant Floor Puzzle Contruction Site

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, very pleased with purchase., 27 Dec. 2014
Lovely puzzle, nice sturdy, large pieces, very good quality. My 3yr old loves this. Would highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4