Profile for Rmgay > Reviews

I Am The Secret WAG: The True Story of my Life as an England Footballer's Wife
by The Secret WAG
Price: 3.85

2.0 out of 5 stars ok.., 25 Jun 2014
while I did enjoy some aspects of this book, some were just odd. the author continually tells the reader that she is at her husbands beck and call. He husband don't want her to work so she stays at home like some step ford wive,cleaning and awaiting her husband(who, so she says every night) lifts her top and pulls her jeans down to check if she is wearing matching underwear as that is a sign he will have sex that night-creepy or what). She also goes on to say she sometimes has sex so he wont feel rejected-he's an adult! The husband seems like a spoiled child, and I can only imagine she puts up with this for the 5000 allowance a month. As some one else has said, it does get a bit 50 shades at times which is just embarrassing and unnecessary.
It worries me young girls will grow up and think this is ok.
A feminist piece of literature this is not

Whores, Harlots & Wanton Women: The Story of Illicit Sex
Whores, Harlots & Wanton Women: The Story of Illicit Sex
by Petrina Brown
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 24 Jun 2014
Very small book for price. Also repeats exactly same text on other pages( example : p95 and 128 are identical ). That is really annoying , two different chapters but just copied from the last

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
Price: 3.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to the hype., 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Paperback)
When I picked this book up, with all the hype of the film being released, I was really looking forward to it. It had good reviews and a good story line I was told.

However, having only just past the half way mark in the book, I am disappointed. My main gripe is the characters. If this book was about, say divorce, I don't think I would have tolerated them This long. They are very one dimensional and the conversations stiff. They don't seem believable.

I will finish it, hoping the characters develop

Beauty and the Beast (Timeless Fairy Tales Book 1)
Beauty and the Beast (Timeless Fairy Tales Book 1)
Price: 1.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Really slow, 15 Jun 2014
I didn't mind the story,well written but so very slow. If I hadn't paid for it I would have given up,! I can't say waiting till the end it was worth it

The Top 10 Things to do in Paris: The Ultimate Guide to Make Sure Your Trip to the City of Lights Includes the Best in Culture, Site Seeing, Shopping, Eating, Souvenirs and More!
Price: 1.83

3.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet, 13 Jun 2014
Nice information. But nothing New . Would be worth reading before you away. Sort of helpful if you are a complete beginner to Paris.

Beauty Touched the Beast
Beauty Touched the Beast
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 13 Jun 2014
Like. The idea of the story, however it felt rushed .it's very short ..I would have loved a longer story

Life as a Victorian Lady
Life as a Victorian Lady
Price: 0.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 13 Jun 2014
Pretty good value for the price. If you have read slot around the topic, this will not add much. However, the authors use of quotes from real people add a more human touch to the book

GCSE Maths WJEC Workbook (with Online Edition) - Higher
GCSE Maths WJEC Workbook (with Online Edition) - Higher
by CGP Books
Price: 4.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 25 Feb 2014
Didn't come with answers ( another 4). Used these books before and are good to give you an idea of what you need to learn. However, having started using these books I find it infuriating . In the past , the answers the book has given are wrong . Having looked up answers elsewhere, this confirmed they were wrong. I have lost confidence in the books and my maths and when I get a wrong answer I can never be sure if it is me, or the book. I also find the explanations not great. The examples they use in the text book are sometimes too easy compared with the questions they ask you to answer in the workbook, so I often feel more confused and end up looking else where. I recommend the grade booster series ( although wjce is not included). I used them two years ago and found the layout easier too.

The Virgin Queen - Anne-Marie Duff [DVD]
The Virgin Queen - Anne-Marie Duff [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anne-Marie Duff
Offered by czech.out
Price: 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Really worth watching, 5 Sep 2013
I watched the series on the BBC when it first appeared on air.
The dvd arrived in good condition, although I did panic when it all appeared in CZECH. I didn't look at the instructions the seller included (really helpful!). Very easy from then.

Scorpion's Sweet Venom: Diary of a Brazilian Call Girl
Scorpion's Sweet Venom: Diary of a Brazilian Call Girl
by Bruna Surfistinha

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldnt read again, 14 Mar 2013
I read to the end, but skim read by the middle of the book.
The book is divided into her "present life" as an escort and her "past" life as a girl living at home and her problems. But these are divided, but rather used in the same chapter but with a new font. I didnt think it was well written, but this could be down to the translation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3