Profile for Lynda M. Nolan > Reviews

Content by Lynda M. Nolan

Lynda M. Nolan "Batsinthebelfry" (Bristol. England)

Page: 1 | 2
Be Careful What You Wish for
Be Careful What You Wish for
by Alexandra Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars Be careful what you wish for, 16 Sep 2006
I really enjoyed this book! This story is all about Heather Hamilton who after buying some lucky heather from a gypsy, begins to notice that little things she wishes for actually come true. 'Be careful what you wish for' is a nice book and I suppose I enjoyed it so much because I know that I have often wished for the same things as Heather! The writing style is good and light if somewhat predictable...but don't let that put you off. Give it ago, if you're looking for abit of magic! Good Sunday afternoon reading!!!

Walking Haunted London: 25 Original Walks Exploring London's Ghostly Past:
Walking Haunted London: 25 Original Walks Exploring London's Ghostly Past:
by Richard Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Try this alternative 'guide book!', 5 Sep 2006
There seems to be alot of books like this around and I thought when I bought it it would be the same old stuff and not at all interesting...I was pleasantly surprised. Well written and packed with lots of historical as well as supernatural info I read this book in a matter of hours.

Nicely presented with all the stories sorted by borough I enjoyed reading it as there are some genuinely creepy tales in there. A great way to see the sinister side of London while taking in alot of the most famous and popular landmarks in a series of walks.

Skinny Dip
Skinny Dip
by Carl Hiaasen

5.0 out of 5 stars Skinny dip, 30 Aug 2006
This review is from: Skinny Dip (Paperback)
Crime and comedy all rolled into one great book. Another of my quick reads. It's the story of a woman who's pushed overboard by her truely revolting husband with the hope of getting his hands on her fortune...disasterous consequences for him as the wife that he thinks is dead comes back from the deep to take revenge! Funny and entertaining, a good read.

When A Stranger Calls [DVD]
When A Stranger Calls [DVD]
Dvd ~ Carol Kane
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't answer the phone!, 30 Aug 2006
This review is from: When A Stranger Calls [DVD] (DVD)
Extemely creepy film, I found myself getting quite nervy every time the phone rang...in your head you're saying 'Don't answer it, don't answer it' but like all good horror movies she does! Dark and atmospheric. Great if you want a night in with a few glasses of wine and a good vintage horror! Lock the windows and turn off the lights and enjoy.

Black Christmas [DVD]
Black Christmas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olivia Hussey
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watched in the dark!, 30 Aug 2006
This review is from: Black Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Curl up on the sofa and turn off the lights...A classic 1970's horror. If you're a fan of horror flicks from this era then this is a good one for you. Dark and creepy with a few good scares this really is one of the better movies in this genre. I really enjoyed Black Christmas, thinking it would be quite naff, I was pleasantly surprised...give it go it's worth a watch.

The Undomestic Goddess
The Undomestic Goddess
by Sophie Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars Domestic bliss!, 14 Mar 2006
This review is from: The Undomestic Goddess (Paperback)
This isn't usually my cup of tea...infact I bought this book by mistake and I'm SO glad I did because I couldn't put it down. I found myself picking it up and reading a few pages whenever I had a spare minute!
Absolutely fabulous! Five stars! a funny, well written book. The kind of book you look forward to getting home to read! Curl up on the sofa with a big bar of chocolate and enjoy.

Myrtles Plantation
Myrtles Plantation
by Frances Kermeen
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars the myrtles plantation, 2 Feb 2006
When I first got this book I suspected that it was going to be like many of the supposed 'true haunting' accounts I've read in the past.
I was in for a surprise! I could not put this book down and would recommend it to anyone who wants to be whisked off to a world of shadowy figures and footsteps in the night.
A very enjoyable book.