Profile for Paulo Piper Segurado > Reviews

Content by Paulo Piper Se...

Paulo Piper Segurado

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Sony PlayStation Vita [New Slim 2014 version]
Sony PlayStation Vita [New Slim 2014 version]
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Worry about the Screen, 7 May 2014
I'm going to start by reviewing this unit in comparison with the original Vita OLED model, and then I'll compare it to the PSP and give some additional details.

I bought this despite having an OLED model because it's thinner, lighter and has better battery life, and I thought I would give my original Vita to my brother as a birthday present, which I will be doing later this month.

So let's start off with the controversial screen issue. I'm not sure why so many people seem so bothered by this, but for me, it's not a big deal. Manufacturers of top smartphones use both OLED as well as IPS LCD screens, as there are advantages and disadvantages to both - it isn't at all generally accepted in the phone industry that an OLED is superior by default. It is true that black colours on the new screen aren't as deep as on the OLED which basically has perfect contrast, but they are still very deep - this is actually possible with an LCD!

Like other people have mentioned, I do also find the new screen a little sharper. When you get battle close-ups in Final Fantasy VII, the image is now so crisp it almost looks on a par with the PC version. Maybe the screen issue is partly subjective and other people notice a bigger difference in terms of the colours, but don't think you're buying a downgrade if you get this, because you're not.

And there are some areas where the new model is definitely an upgrade. It feels better in hands being lighter and slimmer, the rear touch panel is smaller so you're less likely to hit it accidentally in games where it's actually used, and I've also already noticed the improved battery life.

4mm slimmer is quite a big difference when you're talking about 18.75mm down to 14.75mm. It's just proportions. I also prefer the new matte black finishing around the outsides compared to the glossy metallic plastic the original had, although again, this may be subjective.

Right, so for people who don't own a Vita but do/did have a PSP, let's see how the Vita stacks up to the PSP.

For a start, it's a little bigger, mostly due to the slightly larger screen. Secondly, there are now two analogue sticks instead of one - invaluable for first person shooters or whatever else developers want to do with them. The screen is now a capacitive touch screen, and the rear of the console is also touch-sensitive.

The console is massively more powerful than the PSP, with graphics rivalling the Playstation 3. It also helps that screen resolution has seen a big bump.

This new model also connects to a power supply or PC/PS3/PS4 using a standard micro USB cable, which is handy as these are now widely available and are standard on basically all phones except iPhones.

So let's move onto software. The interface is clean and very user-friendly. There are some apps available to download, like Skype, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. There is also a somewhat hidden away section in the PS Store where a library of apps similar to on smartphones/tablets is building up. The web browser is much improved over the PSP's and is now quite usable.

The most important thing software-wise is games. And here, the Vita actually isn't doing badly. There are exclusive Wipeout, Uncharted, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, LittleBigPlanet and Killzone titles, and a good number of ports. There are also some exclusives like Gravity Rush. Throw in the fact that you can download PSP and PS One titles, and you actually have a pretty good catalogue.

Lionite Mele 10 Watch Burlwood Display Box Case New
Lionite Mele 10 Watch Burlwood Display Box Case New
Offered by WatchO

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 7 May 2014
Asked for one of these from my Mum for my birthday. Very impressed, the quality is apparent once you see the box. The lid is proper glass and not plastic like on some cheaper boxes, the wood is well finished and it sits nicely on top of my chest of drawers. I would say it looks more expensive than you would expect for £45.

It has the added advantage of a pull out drawer for jewellery - handy as I own a bracelet and a 'little finger' ring. The pull out drawer can also be used to store extra watches - a place to put your less-favoured watches that you don't want on display as much if you have (or end up acquiring) more than 10.

Mens SockShop Heat Holders Snugover Fleece Jumper In Black Black L/XL
Mens SockShop Heat Holders Snugover Fleece Jumper In Black Black L/XL
Offered by SockShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 3 Feb 2014
This item is so warm and soft, texture similar to rabbit fur, handy pockets, very comfortable, although be warned wearing it can make you a little sleepy! Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually Works, 14 Jan 2014
This product does actually work, and is good value compared to going to the dentist for bleaching. It's easy to use and you should notice an improvement after just 2-3 sessions. All in all an excellent buy.

Creative Muvo T100 4GB MP3 Player
Creative Muvo T100 4GB MP3 Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful even in 2014, 14 Jan 2014
I use my iPhone for music but there are times I'd rather have a dedicated player, like when the iPhone is charging for example. This unit only lets me keep a small proportion of my 35GB music collection on it, but it's enough to let me keep all of my favourite songs from my 2 favourite artists, ripped to decent quality 192K MP3.

I have attached a cable to the loophole and wear it around my neck when I'm listening. I like that you can also use it as a USB flash drive, it adds some value, and as another reviewer said it beats other cheap screenless MP3 players because you can organize the 'MUSIC' folder with album subfolders and use the side slider to change between albums.

It's just quite a nice little gadget if you're into that sort of thing (gadgets). I still want to save up for a £500 Sony ZX1 with 128GB as that will hold all my music and sound quality would be stellar with my top headphones, but without getting even more off topic let's just say I'm glad I bought the Muvo.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 8 Jan 2014
This is a rather nice wristwatch. It features a sapphire crystal on the face - you'll be wanting sapphire for the best scratch-resistance. The metallic circles round the outside and the textured dial catch the eye. The hands, hour markers and date window frame are all highly polished and shiny. There's no seconds hand so it doesn't 'tick tick' even though it's quartz. It's also got a slimline case which is a great touch.

You know what you're getting with a Seiko - a solid, reliable watch for not too much money. Even those who look down on them snobbily, for the most part wouldn't deny that the quality is there. This one is a good choice as it's a pretty good-looking watch; I mean there are so many Seikos available it gets confusing, but this one stands out a little from the herd! As such it gets my thumbs up.

Revoni Rugged ID Style Stainless Steel Celtic Cross Curb Chain Bracelet
Revoni Rugged ID Style Stainless Steel Celtic Cross Curb Chain Bracelet
Offered by Revoni

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 8 Jan 2014
I liked the way this item looked in the photos but after arrival my joy was short-lived. The cross is welded onto the centre-piece in a very messy way with a lot of bits of rough metal visible when the bracelet is viewed from the side. Also, the cross itself was totally asymmetrical, and the little circles were uneven sizes. My recommendation: don't buy. Mine went back for a refund.

Razor MD Nickel 69 Three Blade Razor
Razor MD Nickel 69 Three Blade Razor

5.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe Mach 3 Experience, 27 Dec 2013
I recommend this razor as it is more comfortable to use than the standard Mach 3 razor, better grip, better weighted (more towards the handle) which results in a more pleasant, smoother shave. It also certainly looks the part - very sophisticated.

Seiko Men's SKP295P1 Stainless-Steel Analog with White Dial Watch
Seiko Men's SKP295P1 Stainless-Steel Analog with White Dial Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Time Charm, 7 Dec 2013
This is my 2nd Seiko ever - you can read my review of the 1st by clicking through to my profile. It is a lot better than my 1st and is my favourite watch I've owned so far (I'm building up a collection).

The face has a wonderful vertical texture to it with a nice flat circle going through the 5-minute markers. The hands are thin, angular, and sexy. The date window is framed in steel. 'SEIKO' is carefully painted (by a machine) on the top part of the dial.

It also has a sapphire crystal for optimum scratch resistance, and the bracelet gives off a rectangular vibe. It looks worth more than what I paid. I received compliments the first time I took it out in public.

Mark my words, the SKP series from Seiko is worth taking a look at - I plan on getting another SKP in soon. 5 stars.

Initial Handkerchiefs - Pack of 7 (P)
Initial Handkerchiefs - Pack of 7 (P)
Offered by Meechs Menswear

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Initials, 17 Nov 2013
Excellent quality handkerchiefs and the personalized initials are sophisticated and give a very classic look. I find paper tissues hurt my nose after a while so much prefer the cotton.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5