Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Meezermagic" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Eddingtons Mini Measure Glass
Eddingtons Mini Measure Glass
Offered by Colanders
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tool - get one., 24 Feb 2014
I've had this little measuring glass for quite some time and I've decided to buy a couple more because I keep having to wash it to measure the next thing when working in the kitchen. Until you have it, you can't imagine how useful it is.

After all this time, it hasn't chipped and the writing hasn't faded.

I don't know how I ever managed without one.

Aromatherapy: A Guide for Home Use
Aromatherapy: A Guide for Home Use
by Christine Westwood
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical, 24 Feb 2014
This is a slim book with a vast amount of information. It is intended to be a quick reference book - almost a cheat sheet. It is brilliant for anyone who has read other books on Aromatherapy and who already has some knowledge of the subject. It is so easy to look things up.

A very useful reference tool.

Kensington 60112 SmartFit Easy Riser Cooling Stand for 12"/13"/14"/15"/15.6"/16" and 17" Laptops/Ultrabooks/Chromebooks/Notebooks - Black
Price: 12.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple design - simply works, 24 Feb 2014
This simply designed laptop stand is easy to fit into your laptop carry bag, and it just works. It makes it easy to watch movies lying in bed by adjusting the angle to make the screen easily visible, but you can equally well use it almost flat if you want to use the keyboard without the laptop overheating.

Highly recommended

Teaching-you Feng Shui Skills
Teaching-you Feng Shui Skills
Offered by A*BargainProducts
Price: 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Clunky, 24 Feb 2014
This doesn't work on a PC with XP or above so it isn't possible to evaluate it accurately. PCs have moved on so I doubt that it would be of much use to anyone in the form it is in.

Watch Over Me
Watch Over Me
Price: 0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and Unusual, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
This book really gripped me. There was never a dull moment when the thought of skimming the text entered my mind. I just wanted to carry on reading.

It was an unusual and well written book, and I heartily recommend it.

Wuthering Heights [DVD]
Wuthering Heights [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Calder-Marshall
Offered by 101Trading
Price: 4.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wuthering Heights [DVD] (DVD)
Well done and well acted. I watched it with a friend who had not read the book and he loved it.

I have read the book several times and I was aware of omissions. For instance,Hareton doesn't appear in the film, and Nellie Dean is played as a young kitchen maid. It was difficult to evaluate the film because I was so familiar with the story that I kept thinking about what was left out.

It was well acted and enjoyable and yes, I enjoyed it. But my friend who didn't know the story was swept away by the movie and he loved it.

Brother DK-22211 - Labels - white - Roll (2.9 cm x 15.2 m)
Brother DK-22211 - Labels - white - Roll (2.9 cm x 15.2 m)
Price: 17.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 24 Feb 2014
This is a continuous roll of laminated tape. The printing is precise, sharp and clear. This tape is waterproof and weatherproof and even though it is expensive, it is worth the money.

Funnily Enough
Funnily Enough
Price: 1.92

4.0 out of 5 stars a delight, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Funnily Enough (Kindle Edition)
This book was a joy to read. The family certainly had some entertaining eccentricities, and the characters were sympathetically presented.

Her account of having M.E/CFS was accurate and she faced questions common to people with the disease. When will I get better? What if I never get better? What needs to be done about my career? Her religious faith is part of the story but there is no preachiness; it simply adds to the picture. She relates the ups and downs of the condition and a whimsical way. Her account of the help and advice her doctor gave her is not typical, and I'm delighted she had such a practical and supportive doctor. Most M.E sufferers are not so fortunate.

She eventually went to live in South Africa for an extended period, where she regained her health.

So this book was a realistic account of what 250 000 people in the UK experience, and it provides hope and inspiration in a humorous and quirky way. A delight of a book that is satisfying on many levels.

Brother QL-500 Thermal Label Printer - White
Brother QL-500 Thermal Label Printer - White
Price: 41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 24 Feb 2014
I needed a solidly built, reliable label printer to label bottles for my cottage industry. I had a Dymo 450 which I found fiddly and flimsy. It didn't last long because I live in a normal house with grandchildren in and out and lunatic cats who suddenly take it into their heads to speed around the room without touching the floor.

The Brother QL500 is a sturdy, solidly built machine made from high quality materials. It is MUCH easier to use than the Dymo, and its software is much better too. There are many more possibilities, including options for drawing animal and human faces. There is a lot of clip art, symbols and signs so you can truly customise your labels. And changing the margins to reduce waste is an absolute doddle.

The machine takes rolls from 12mm wide to 62mm wide, and you can choose labels in continuous form or as rolls of separate labels. You can choose between paper or laminated, which are moisture and weather proof. The machine reads the type of label in it and automatically registers it so the label blank that appears on the screen is automatically the right size. (The Dymo didn't do that). You also have the option of printing either horizontally or vertically, and you can include curved text, barcodes, borders and other decorative items. There is more scope for creativity should you wish to use it.

It is a joy to have a machine that just gets on with it and does what its supposed to do without any argument. I know there is a newer, cheaper Brother available on Amazon but I chose this one because of its sturdier design.

I highly recommend this machine to anyone who lives in the real world rather than in the serenity of Utopia. It produces brilliant labels first time, every time.

Get one while you still can.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2014 10:32 AM GMT

Sony Xperia Z SIM-free Android Smartphone - White
Sony Xperia Z SIM-free Android Smartphone - White
Offered by King Of Gadgets UK
Price: 321.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - and WATERPROOF!, 6 Jan 2014
I bought this after my grandson washed my Xperia Arc in the dogs water bowl. I bought it mostly because its waterproof.

With this phone I also ordered a 32gb micro sd card from Amazon, but that wasn't strictly necessary because the phone has about 10gb internal storage of its own.

The processor is fast; the phone never lags when streaming videos. The sound is good, the camera is great and its easy and intuitive to use. And there are loads of Apps on the Play Store. Naturally, I have the Amazon App and the Amazon Kindle App with loads of books on it. I have a diabetes management app on it, a prayer book, music, notes, shopping lists, reminders, crosswords, a calender, an alarm, a recipe book and an app that blocks unwanted calls and texts, maps, plus loads of other things.

My over 50 friends think its going to be very complicated, and are surprised to discover how easy it is to use. Its much easier than an old Nokia, for instance. Its intuitive and once people get over their fear of technology, they want one.

Th battery life is better than on the Arc but if I'm going to be out all day, I take a charger pack with me, just in case. If you search Amazon for 'portable phone charger' you will see lots of them. They are worth it. I believe the newer model phone, the Xperia Z1, has a better battery, but I'm really happy with the phone I have got and wouldn't change it just for a slightly better battery.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5