Profile for Leahh > Reviews

Content by Leahh

Leahh "leahhuk"

Vanilla Fudge 250 gram bag (1/4 kilo)
Vanilla Fudge 250 gram bag (1/4 kilo)
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 2 July 2012
This fudge had a kind of plastic taste to it. I couldn't even give it away. I Googled an easy fudge recipe and made my own - easy and delicious. Sorry!

Northcore Double soft roofracks
Northcore Double soft roofracks
Offered by CuteBitz Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for kayaks, depending on your car, 2 July 2012
I bought this to use on my Renault Clio for 2 kayaks. It's easy to fit to the car and easy enough to secure the kayaks. The kayaks rest of the roof ever so slightly and if I had a car I cared about (mine is a P-reg and already very tatty!) I wouldn't use this rack. We used it on a friend's car and the kayaks scratched the roof (hardly visible but you can see it if you look).
For the price, this is a good product.

4 SEASON OLIVE NATO SLEEPING MAT FORCES/CAMPING ROLL BED GREEN
4 SEASON OLIVE NATO SLEEPING MAT FORCES/CAMPING ROLL BED GREEN
Offered by OutdoorAdventure

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter camping on a budget!, 8 Nov 2011
I bought this mat for me and my boyfriend. We first used them on Jan 2nd 2011 in the Peak District. The ground was frosty and the temperature was well below zero but we didn't feel the cold at all (unlike our friend in the next tent who was using a more expensive, but ultimately useless, self inflating mat). Obviously we were using decent sleeping bags as well but they had proved worthless without a decent mat to sleep on.
I would definitely recommend this mat for all year round camping but especially if you're heading out in the snow this year. It may not be practical if you're walking any great distance to your camp but if you're car camping or don't mind carrying it, then it is well worth the money!

The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language
The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language
by David Crystal

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 17 Jan 2006
This book is essential for anyone studying language or linguistics at degree level. Crystal is the man when it comes to this subject and I'm sure this book and many more of his will be assisting me with the MA in Linguistics that I plan to pursue. It is books like this that have fed my enthusiasm for the English language and encouraged further study!