Profile for Laura > Reviews

Cath Kidston Birdcage Umbrella Cherry
Cath Kidston Birdcage Umbrella Cherry
Price: 25.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Pinker than I thought, 30 Dec 2010
I bought this as a gift, and it looked to me from the picture that it was red cherries with a red handle. When I got it, it is actually very pink. Fortunately, my brother said his girlfriend loves pink so it was fine, but if it had been for me I would have been disappointed. Nice product though other than the colour!

The Big Book of Motivation Games: Quick, Fun Ways to Get People Energized (Big Book Series)
by Robert Epstein
Price: 12.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Trade descriptions, 4 Nov 2009
I was a bit disappointed in this book because lots of the games were quite complicated and some didn't really seem to be games at all.

Participatory Workshops: A Sourcebook of 21 Sets of Ideas and Activities
Participatory Workshops: A Sourcebook of 21 Sets of Ideas and Activities
by Robert Chambers
Price: 8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute goldmine, 4 Nov 2009
I bought this book alongside another 'workshop ideas' book and the difference between the two was striking. This book isn't flashy, but it is densely packed with ideas that have clearly been tried and tested. I used some of them immediately in some training I ran and they worked great. I found that the book reminded me of some techniques and tools that I had forgotten, or not thought about using in a workshop setting, and gave me the confidence to try out some of the crazier ideas too! The notes on cultural contexts were really useful too. If you are interested in participation or even already an experienced trainer I'd strongly recommend this book.