Profile for Sheila > Reviews

Content by Sheila

Sheila "Sheila" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Epson Expression Photo Printer XP-750 with Claria Photo HD Ink - Wi-Fi and Touch Panel
Offered by TODO! TODO!

5.0 out of 5 stars F.A.B., 12 May 2014
I love it! It prints quickly and well and it makes me laugh out loud every time the tray comes out! Search on YouTube for oldvideopro New Printer! to see it in action.

Ladies Famous Dunlop ELISSA Mule slippers NAVY size 6 UK
Ladies Famous Dunlop ELISSA Mule slippers NAVY size 6 UK
Offered by Impressionz

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfortable, 27 Feb. 2014
I had a pair of these for Christmas - the white ones - and they felt perfect the moment I put them on. I haven't worn my previous slippers since!

A planned trip to hospital this week called for a complete set of clean clothes so I treated myself to pair of navy ones. Just as lovely.

Although they have furry linings, they are not over-hot. Highly recommended.

RM50 Internet Radio
RM50 Internet Radio

4.0 out of 5 stars "Best gift I've ever had.", 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: RM50 Internet Radio (Electronics)
...so said my other half on his 65th birthday. Glad I was the one who gave it to him! OK you CAN pick up some of those channels on short-wave, but you can actually HEAR them on this. AND this model, unlike most, has an ear-piece socket so he can happily fall asleep with Radio China or Rumania talking in his ears while I can snore on undisturbed!

The only reason for not giving it 5 stars is that the remote won't work and the supplier wants us to do the chasing round instead of sorting it out for us. (Nothing wrong with the remote itself as the infra -red functions so there's some other problem.)

Up-Grade!  - Light relief between grades (Piano: Grades 2-3)
Up-Grade! - Light relief between grades (Piano: Grades 2-3)
by Pam Wedgwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a range of levels, 28 Jun. 2013
Don't be fooled into thinking your newly-passed-Grade 2 pupils will play all of these. Some of them are more Grade 4 in my opinion and some jazzy rhythms to cope with. However lots of variety of styles and some fun pieces to widen their horizons . For those kids who expect to be playing Grade 3 material as soon as they have the certificate from Grade 2 in their hands, at least it SAYS Grade 3 on the cover to keep 'em happy.

massG® 2m Micro USB Cable Data Sync Charger Cable Extended Reach Of 2 Meters For Easy Use While Charging
Offered by Mass Global™

5.0 out of 5 stars Long!, 10 April 2013
No more complaints from my partner that he can't use his phone in bed while it's charging! It reaches the plug without problem.

KG Homewares Silent Sweep Wall Clock With Large Digital Month/Date/Day Calendar Display In White
Offered by KG Homewares

2.0 out of 5 stars Clocks should tell the right time!, 10 April 2013
I teach blind and partially sighted children so the lack of a tick as a distraction is great. Those of my students who have some sight are able to see the large hands and the dial.

I chose THIS clock as it is big, clear and silent. It is all of those things. And I wanted to know what time it is - it doesn't do that accurately.

The clock gains several minutes a week and I can't climb up, get it down off the wall and adjust it every time I use that room! There doesn't seem to be any way of regulating the mechanism and, as I am only there once a week and was hoping it would settle down, I have now missed the chance to send it back.

It should have been brilliant for my needs - but surely the first priority for a clock maker is to provide an accurate time.

Gtech AirRAM Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Gtech AirRAM Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Tech Retail UK

5.0 out of 5 stars So handy, 28 Jan. 2013
I've had this for two months now - in spite of being daft enough to have put the handle in the wrong way round (it says "FRONT" on it but I didn't notice!) it is comfortable to use and very light to handle. It gets into places I couldn't reach with my other vacuum cleaner which has only been out of the cupboard once since the arrival of the G-Tech. Ok it doesn't have tools - it's not meant to! But as I was used to using the G-tech carpet sweeper before, this isn't a problem. It's a quick sweeper and very efficient. The battery lasts for at least twice round a fairly large house and, although others have complained about the length of the charging lead, it's dead easy to charge up by just unclipping the battery pack and plugging it in.

The only problem for me is the dust escaping when emptying it as I am an asthma sufferer. I haven't found a way round that yet apart from getting somebody else to empty it!

Worth every penny!

Collins French Visual Dictionary
Collins French Visual Dictionary
by Jean Claude Corbeil

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful source, 28 Jan. 2013
This book is magic. The range of subject and the quality of the illustration is incredible....from animals and cuts of meat to the parts of a bicycle to the names of musical notes (semibreve etc). An amazing resource for anyone travelling to France

BUT - the reason it doesn't get five stars is that you need to have a magnifying glass to read the print. I suspect it was once a bigger publication and has been reduced to be more appealing. It's well worth having it and a magnifier on the coffee table though! Don't hesitate to buy it if you are at all interested in French.

Bee Hotel & Flower Seeds for Bees by Plant Theatre - Excellent Gift Idea
Bee Hotel & Flower Seeds for Bees by Plant Theatre - Excellent Gift Idea
Offered by Garden and Home UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Get the glue gun out!, 28 Jan. 2013
It looks very nice hanging on a tree.

Whether the bees use it remains to be seen - not many around in January! Some of the sticks weren't very well stuck in, and one of the short ones managed to wedge itself behind the two circles at the bottom which don't go the full depth. So it was a bit of a fiddle to extricate that and then we had to get the hot glue out to put it all back together.

If you love bees, I guess it's worth it but I don't think it's particularly well made.

NEW 2012 IMPROVED Heavy Duty & High Quality Double Braced Keyboard Stand with Quick Release Handle Mechanism & Straps to secure keyboard to the stand - [[ NEW IMPROVED DESIGN ]] -Padded Keyboard Supports & Height Adjustable + FREE 2 YEAR WARRANTY

4.0 out of 5 stars Depends on your model of keyboard, 1 Aug. 2012
I was a bit confused by the fact that some of the reviews for this item were glowing while others were wishing they hadn't bought it.

I'm somewhere in between.

It's a really solid, sturdy stand. It's easy to alter the height and it doesn't wobble about when you're playing. However, my Yamaha P85 slid all over the top of it and if it hadn't been for the ingenuity of my practical partner fitting foam water pipe insulation for it to sit on, it would have been totally hopeless to try to play on it - even with the straps done up.

Maybe some keyboards have a different shaped underside but this stand certainly isn't perfect for every keyboard. Having fiddled around, we now have it stable and steady. If you're not the sort to be able to cobble things together, make sure your keyboard is truly compatible before purchasing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3