Profile for Mr. V. Lee > Reviews

Content by Mr. V. Lee

Mr. V. Lee

Page: 1 | 2
Blue and Tan Leather Wallet Smart Flip Case Cover for The New iPad 4 (with Retina Display) + iPad 3 + iPad 2 with Full Sleep Wake compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007
Price: 19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Blue Tan - for Ipad 3 (Retina) but no Lightning Port ;-), 6 Feb 2014
I ordered this to replace a suede Tan case that has had too much wear and tear.

I had it about a month now.
This one is the biz, if you like the style.
I prefer this style that wraps all around the IPad, feels more secure.

- There are cases that Snap behind the Ipad so you can have the full front slate without any edges/barriers - especially if you are always using those Edge of the Screen functions/shortcuts. I got a red/Black Folio case from the same group - Jimmy Lazard. But I don't use that one. Just don't like how exposed the IPad is when the case is snapped on the back.

- has a small pocket on the front. I usually just slip my Screen cleaner cloth in there... If I had a folio case I'd carry my business card.
There is no card holders inside. Instead you get three ridges for Standing the IPad in Landscape mode at different angles. You can stand it in Portrait aswell. none of that crappy swivelly designs I see out there (simpler is better).

- The Magnet sleep option doesn't work for my IPad for some odd reason. I actually don't mind this. I have a habit of pressing the off switch myself and I don't like it when it wakes from sleep with a little movement inside my Backpack.

- Feels sturdy. Even though there is no velcro in the inside flap where the IPad slides in.

Get it if you want to breathe new life into your ipad. I do the same for my phones when I don't want an annual upgrade. New Case, new keychains from Japan, new screen protector LoL.
PS I don't use screen protectors on my tablets... the Case does a good job methinks!

Legend of Zelda Box Set
Legend of Zelda Box Set
by David Hodgson
Price: 119.99

4.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING - for any Zelda fan, 31 Jan 2014
Some of you might already own the collector's editions of some other Zelda guides.
I have the Skyward sword one as well before getting this Box.
The box does its job well. But if it had that OPEN CHEST jingle from the games it'd be UNREAL.

I compared this Skyward Sword book to the older Collectors edition I have. The new one is almost twice as thick! Don't really know why. But I prefer the older one, where there are more artwork and spreads (even just inside the cover - nevermind the cloth map which I didn't bother to hang on the wall).

The box doesn't look that nice on the shelf though, glossy thick printed card thing with magnetic lid... If it were a Wood/textured box I'd fangasm. But the costs for 50,000 of these would be too high... even if made in China :P

one for the fans, or if you really want a Zelda guidebook.

My only other gripe is the box doesn't have the games:
- Oracle of Seasons/Ages game

- Majora's Mask
- Twilight Princess
-Skyward Sword

I know - I'm greedy - but that's what a collector's box needs. ALL of them :P

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix: Prima's Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
by Mike Searle
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty comprehensive..., 31 Jan 2014
Well I haven't used it much, I had already replayed the 1.5 remix using my old Kingdom Hearts Piggyback guide from almost 10 years ago.
Thought I'd get this to see what I missed and to have in collection.
It's pretty much covers everything and the new changes and items/strategies.

I think it isn't as nice as the old one though (Maybe I'm biased and love the cover artwork under the Kingdom Hearts moon).
It covers ReChain of Memories too so it's a pretty hefty hardback.

Little brother just beat Proud mode there and he was using the guide a bit.

worth it for any fan.

Shiro Amano: The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts
Shiro Amano: The Artwork of Kingdom Hearts
by Shiro Amano
Price: 15.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Fans of the Manga/game will like, 31 Jan 2014
The Book cover and feel
1. The book is a glossy cover (paperback with a fold on the sleeve).
There's a plastic Slide-in cover for this with two see through symbols
- MickMouse head Icon on the front for Sora,Kairi, & Riku to show through.
- keyhole symbole on the back for Micky, Naminé and Moogle to see through.
It's ok, but not fantastic or eye catching (for example, lets say the cover of the Final Fantasy X official artbook with Tidus and Yuna on the front in a kind of Yin/Yang layout. One of my most favourite bits of Tetsuya Nomura artwork).

And considering the extortionate money you'd usually pay for artbooks. The price here is ok.

2. The pages are semi-gloss. Fairly standard. Good stock/ nothing fancy. No semi-transparent or textured paper, nothing like that, although that would make some awesome ideas- example the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD remix artbook has the original Sora design by Tesuya Nomura and the final artwork used in the game. Shiro Amano could have pushed for this feature for sketches/concept designs... but there's cost to consider.

The artowrk itself is nice. Same colour/B+W stuff you'll find in the manga if you read them/bought them.

book material and layout: 3/5
artwork: 4/5
cost/value for money: 4/5
Overall I give it 4 stars because I like it although there is a lot more room for improvement. I bet there are loads of unused artwork from Amano's desk. Interesting to see...
If you don't like the Kingdom Hearts Manga/games (why are you reading this if you don't like KH?) deduct one star. I bet a KH fan would like it as a birthday present.

Happy New Year
from Ireland

Fullmetal Alchemist Movie s 1 & 2 Double Pack (The Sacred Star Of Milos/Conqueror of Shamballa [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rie Kugimiya
Price: 24.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great films, 2 Dec 2012
Conquerer of Shambala is set right after the original series and is a great watch for its conclusion to the ending of that series.

The Sacred Star of Milos is set somewhere in the latter 75% of the story of the FMA Brotherhood series. It's worth noting the animation is great here too and the ending themes are nice to hear from L'Arc en Ciel.

A FMA fan can't not watch these.
Also I always leave a star, because I get greedy for extras, like art work, OVAs, music videos etc.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2014 1:06 AM BST

The Time Traveller - The Girl Who Leapt Through Time [DVD]
The Time Traveller - The Girl Who Leapt Through Time [DVD]
Dvd ~ Riisa Naka
Price: 12.34

5.0 out of 5 stars bittersweet drama, 2 Dec 2012
It's a sequel to the anime movie apparently. But it is a great standalone film. Beatifully shot but it is the characters that reel you in.

Ghost School Horror (Whispering Corridors / Memento Mori / Wishing Stairs / The Voice) [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Min-sun Kim
Offered by FilmloverUK
Price: 14.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, perfect for Halloween, 2 Dec 2012
Each of them worth a watch, but Whispering Corridors really stuck in my mind. I think it started the Asian horror craze...

Square Enix Final Fantasy Xiii-2: Play Arts Kai: Serah Action Figure
Square Enix Final Fantasy Xiii-2: Play Arts Kai: Serah Action Figure
Offered by Anime 'N Games | SHIPS FROM U.S.A.
Price: 99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Goes well with Lightning, 2 Dec 2012
Saw it, couldn't say no.
As always with Play Arts figures, good quality, looks nice, but is it worth 60 quid (euro)? You decided. Would be cool to see more Statues/PVC arts from Squeenix to be honest like that Yuna with the double pistols from Final Fantasy X-2. That was a nice statue.

Sawako Decides [DVD]
Sawako Decides [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hikari Mitsushima
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 11.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and humorous feel good flick, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sawako Decides [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this at a Japanese Film Fest here in Ireland, and it really stuck with me, a little more than "Happiness of the Kamakuras". You have a good for nothing girl that lives in Tokyo getting nowhere fast in life. Then moves home to a rural small fishing town and becomes head of her father's fishing produce company. A lot of madness and WTF moments, and a colourful cast of fishery workers who find their new young and inexperienced boss an intriguing joke. That is until Sawako gets SERIOUS.
Watch and smile. It's the same feeling you get watching Annie or Amelie, sort of. But very much Japanese cinema.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Complete Series Collection (Episodes 1-64) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Romi Park
Price: 50.46

4.0 out of 5 stars minus one star for not having the two OVA episodes :), 2 Dec 2012
I've watched the original series in English dubbed. The cast did a great job on that one.
For this one I started of in English then decided to try the Japanese for a change of flavour. The first dozen episodes (or twnety) treads similar ground to the original FMA series, but there are enough changes to keep me interested. I think enough time has passed so it feels very fresh and interesting.

The voice acting in Japanese is top notch, especially the voice actress for Edward Elric (although I liked the English one too).
If every series had this quality I'd be happy.
The animation is superb as is the music. Every dozen episodes you get treated to a new opening and ending theme, some I knew, some introduced me to new bands. YUI is worth mentioning here for her song "Again". But it may be the ending theme songs that'll stick with you emotionally by the time you finish watching the series.

Story-wise things really get interesting (I watched it all in a few days) when you see where the manga storyline went as opposed to the first anime series which did its own thing instead. I couldn't fault it and there weren't any fillers to my mind as everything contributed to the whole, the Elric Brothers' search for Alchemic answers, the previous War(s) and the effect on people.

but I must mention, I didn't see the two OVA episodes in this box set. I found out about them from a friend and we fans like our complete packages. Perhaps I overlooked them as extras in one of the discs... I will check again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2013 11:23 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2