Profile for Mrs. Lucy Leslie > Reviews

Mrs. Lucy Leslie (SW3)

Siku - 1:87 Scale - Low Loader With John Deere Tractors
Siku - 1:87 Scale - Low Loader With John Deere Tractors

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible toy. Has caused tears & irritation., 12 Dec. 2015
This is not a toy. It is an ornament. The tractors fall off, the black holding thing falls off the trailer falls off. It's going in the bin. My son has cried since it arrived & my husband & I hate the sight of it. Hate it.

John Deere Ride-on Tractor with Loader and Detachable Trailer
John Deere Ride-on Tractor with Loader and Detachable Trailer

1.0 out of 5 stars a complete waste of money, 2 Mar. 2015
Absolute rubbish, a complete waste of money.
1. It took forever to build, three of the screws were missing so we had to purchase them. It was meant to be for Christmas but we only got it fully built three days later than we needed.
2. The metal steering column does not stay in, it's inly ever been in the lounge so not treated roughly, it cannot turn so is useless unless we push the steering column back in.
3. The scooper at the front was so difficult to build, finally did but the handles fall out, either another screw is missing or it needs glueing- no clue from the instructions.
4. The trailer broke after a couple of trips around the coffee table with a fellow 2 year old sat on it. Surely they assume children will sit on it?
All in all a complete wast of time & money & it's such a shame as he actually loves it, he doesn't understand why it is i steerable, broken & often bits fall off it. Don't buy this.

JETech® Two-Layer Slim Protective iPhone 5 5S Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5/5S (2-Layer Champagne Gold)
Offered by JEDirect UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Smart cover, 8 Nov. 2014
Looks lovely, very effective. Not cheap looking. But of the gold color has started to rub off after a few weeks, otherwise very happy.

Vax V-120 Floormate Hard Floor Washer
Vax V-120 Floormate Hard Floor Washer

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful. Not fit for purpose. Had to send back., 4 April 2014
Thankfully Amazon took this back after 15 days because the first time I used it I knew I'd been done.
Vacuum: yes but pathetic, needed to sweep before & after.
Floor Cleaner: It did put water on the floor but it didn't do anything else.
Sent back, bought a mob, bucket, Hetty & broom.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Flat, no free return & £1 fee for the pleasure of returning it!, 10 Jun. 2013
Completely flat piece of gel. No use at all to me.
Returned it but no free returns. They say '...will apply a full refund with a £1.00 Restocking Admin Fee retained'. Well that's not a full refund then??
Would not recommend.

Baby Sleep System, The
Baby Sleep System, The
by Wendy Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't know where we would have ended up without this book., 12 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Baby Sleep System, The (Paperback)
Our son was born in November 2009, he's our first son and we waited a long time to become parents. So, when he only wanted to sleep on my (mum's) chest, I thought I'd go with that. By 8 weeks he could only sleep on me and couldn't be out down and whilst I wanted to devote my entire day to him, I couldn't get a thing done, he was shattered and I was treating him like a cat, not a baby.

I bought the book, logged into the website and chose to pay for a 1-to-1 consultation with one of the sleep experts; I actually got Wendy, the author.

We started straight away and she told me how the evening would progress and that I my son would sleep in his cot that night. He did and has every night since.

The long and short of it is, my son now goes to bed at 7.30, sleeps alone all night, feeds twice (the last 2 nights once) and naps in the day. I use the suggested routine from the book, which is a mixture of all the recommended routines out there (Gina Ford/Baby Whisperer) that Wendy researched and came up with herself. My life is ordered and manageable and my baby is happy and has stopped screaming for long periods as he was when he was so tired.

Working with Wendy and using PUPDCD, gave me permission to hear my baby cry and not fall apart myself. It's been the toughest week ever but the progress we've made is phenomenal. I would have said it couldn't be done.

I'll just renew my consultation if things get tough or for help with naps or when he's teething or a bit older. Just knowing someone will help me, specifically with sleep is massive.

Thank you so much Wendy.

Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Car Seat Footmuff (Black Reflection) 2014 Range
Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix Car Seat Footmuff (Black Reflection) 2014 Range

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality - car seat becomes outdoor proof, 4 Nov. 2009
Fabulous quality material, easy to put on the car seat. Warm and snuggly.
Allows you to use the car seat with travel system in the knowledge that it baby is wind-proofed and waterproof.
Very happy,

Clippasafe Cot Cat Net
Clippasafe Cot Cat Net

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much material & hard to use day-to-day, 4 Nov. 2009
We have two gorgeous Burmese and the most beautiful little baby boy. I bought this cat net prior to the baby's birth, so the cats would get used to not going on the cot, after having free reign of the flat for the previous two years.
The cat net is larger than our standard 120x60 cot and it covers the sides of the cot also.
I don't like this cat net and have stopped using it.
Reasons:
1 The material is strong but the holes aren't big enough, so the cats can actually walk on it.
2 The cat net covers the sides of the cot and tie at the legs underneath the cot. As the material is so densely woven and the holes are not big, baby would be very closed in.
3 Its fiddly and time consuming to put on, so to be safe and at the same time to comfort my baby its an ordeal getting it on and off and I spend a lot of time on the floor tying the ties.
4 The cat net is larger than our cot so is baggy and looks unsightly, it is impossible to make it fit by tying the ties tight enough.
I prefer the cat net which covers the top of the cot only and has large holes, which cats fall through and scare themselves from the NCT.
If you've nothing else - this will do.