Profile for Book Babe > Reviews

Content by Book Babe

Book Babe (New York, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Fruzzle's Mystery Talent: A Bed Time Fantasy Story for Children ages 3-10
Fruzzle's Mystery Talent: A Bed Time Fantasy Story for Children ages 3-10
by Karen Brueggeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Tale, 15 Nov 2013
A wonderful children's fantasy story, I am so happy I stumbled on this kid's Kindle book. I have been reading it to my daughter all week and plan on sending it to my girlfriends for Xmas. A fun children's bed time story on an e-book - great stuff! Recommended.

Best Damn Advice Ever: 10 Real Signs that He's Cheating On You
Best Damn Advice Ever: 10 Real Signs that He's Cheating On You

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 14 Nov 2013
This book was a very eye opening and informational read. I thought that I knew the signs of cheating, but I was wrong. This book really does pinpoint behavior and signs that tell of cheating, and any woman would be all the wiser to learn this information. I found it helpful in every regard, and I am recommending it to everyone who needs help with this issue. Thank you so much.

Vampire Historia a Series of Revelations The Making of Marea
Vampire Historia a Series of Revelations The Making of Marea

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy Vampire Story, 10 Nov 2013
I loved this intense little burst of vampyrism that reminded my of early Ann Rice. Like every good short story there is a twist. It's also very sexy. Scarlette D'Noire writes seductively and with purpose. Every word feels like it belongs. I am looking forward to delving into more stories by this talented author.

Eternal Beauty (Catherine Mans' Suspense Book 2)
Eternal Beauty (Catherine Mans' Suspense Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Writing. Very Suspenseful. Authentic Crime Novel., 9 Nov 2013
This is easily one of the better if not the best treatments I have ever read involving psychics and crime investigation - and believe me I have read a lot of screenplays and books with this theme. It works here because author Linda Prather smartly downplays everything and makes proceedings as realistic as possible. Her detectives are highly attuned, highly intuitive individuals, rather than people just experiencing 'visions.' The plot is told through character interactions that are compelling - we care what happens because we like Catherine and want her to succeed. These feel like real people with emotional depth. This is the kind of book that gives you that lump in the throat feeling as you read. It's convincing, exciting and not at all predictable, which is exactly what I look for in a book like this. I'm off to read more by this interesting thriller author who I was not aware of before. Good stuff.

My Despicable Ex - Part 1 (The Ashly Roberts Saga)
My Despicable Ex - Part 1 (The Ashly Roberts Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling Prose, 3 Nov 2013
I really enjoyed this romance. Ashly was very upset with Jake for what he did to her, but I could see how much she still cared about him. There was a spark and the magic was still there between them. I love how Ashly would find herself staring at him. She's so attracted to Jake, it's not funny! And I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. I thought the story was cute and loved how they traveled around the world. I hope these two lovers can reunite once again! I'll have to get book 2 and found out.

Manna-X
Manna-X

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Prose, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Manna-X (Kindle Edition)
This is a must read for fans of absurdist literature, especially 'Waiting For Godot.' It's a satirical look at the meaning of existence told with a sly sense of humor. The characterizations are smart. The author has a definite ear for dialogue. Overall, this is a clever, witty and highly original tale that takes the meaning of life as its theme and manages to craft a thought provoking and entertaining narrative without drifting into pretentiousness.

Hot Sex Box Set: 15 Explicit Short Story Collection in 3 Books
Hot Sex Box Set: 15 Explicit Short Story Collection in 3 Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling Prose, 31 July 2013
This is a fantastic collection! I love erotica but most books are disappointing. That is not the case here and there are 15 stories to choose from. The anthology is great for dipping into and perfect for the Kindle. I highly recommend these books!

A Broken Keeper
A Broken Keeper

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Prose, 23 July 2013
This review is from: A Broken Keeper (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this well written drama which was intense and authentic. The characters and situations felt real. I loved the flying descriptions. The story of Calvin Keeper struggling to make it with consumer debts and crippling student loans should appeal to legions of young Americans. I was hooked from the first sentence. This is an impressive debut novel. I am looking forward to more works from author G. H. Ward.

A Wonderful Piece of Dark Mahogany
A Wonderful Piece of Dark Mahogany

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling Prose, 19 July 2013
This book is hot! I loved every moment. A delicious narrative that runs the gamut of emotions. Author Ju Ephraime knows how to ratchet up the tension. There isn't a dull sentence. I am so happy to have discovered a new author. I am off now to buy her other books!

Intentional
Intentional

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Intentional (Kindle Edition)
Intentional is one of those books that starts at a slow burn and builds up to a very complex, exciting and dramatic conclusion. I loved all the characters in this book (well, except for one - but she was fun to watch anyway) Mattie, a strong, kind person who has high self esteem. She isn't one to let people walk all over her (knowingly) Jeremy - He has some weaknesses stemming from issues from his childhood. He wants to control everything - his job and relationships. Cade - he has suffered from a bad relationship many years before he met Mattie. He still struggles with intimacy. Sarah - she has grown up with Mattie by her side, her constant supporter. Does she deserve Mattie's loyalty?

It was fascinating to watch the story unfold through the perspectives of Mattie, Jeremy and Sarah. There are many twists and surprises that kept me up well past my bedtime (I couldn't put it down!)

I highly recommend this book - I haven't been this enthralled by a story in a long time!

Page: 1 | 2