Profile for Ben Huczek > Reviews

Content by Ben Huczek

Ben Huczek (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Incredible Melting Man
The Incredible Melting Man
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Desperately Bad, 3 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Incredible Melting Man (DVD)
What a waste of a sunny 20 minutes. That's how long I managed to stick it out. This film is bad and not in a good way.

Possibly the only redeeming feature is looking at some '70s cars and fashion.

I don't think the next bit could be classified as a spoiler, but there's a medical scene and the doctor says "We don't even know if it's contagious" ..... as they stand next to the corpse with no protection of any sort .....

Yes folks, head in hands moment.

Calvary
Calvary
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not a comedy, 8 Nov 2014
This review is from: Calvary (DVD)
I've had a bad week. Best friend of 34 yrears funeral. CLose friend in surgery and me heading for the table. Took the description at its word. Seriously not cheered up.

Netgear WN3500RP Universal Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender
Netgear WN3500RP Universal Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear works for me, 6 Oct 2014
This extender was purchased to overcome some steel beam issues which were killing my signal in parts of the house. It's paired with the R6300 and sends the dual band signal all over the place. I'm now getting good signal at the end of the garden, no problems.

Broadband provider is Virgin Media and the usual download speed is 50+MBps, so the gigabit wifi is more than adequate. Historically, Netgear installation has always been very straightforward, and this was no exception. Perhaps, I could have paid a bit more attention to detail but I didn't, and so the WN3500RP created its own extended networks with different name (_EXT). This just meant I had to set up new access points on the devices. The setup took all the security settngs from the existing network.

I run Netflix and Amazon Instant on different machines and of course the smartphones are consuming bandwidth as well. All coped with, mostly faultlessly. When there's a problem, it's invariably a Virgin Media hiccough.

A year later, the penny dropped and I realised that I could just change the extended networks to the same name as the original. I'd forgotten what to do, but the webchat guy sorted me out,

I've been using Netgear equiment for over 10 years - upgrading as we go and honestly, while there has been the occasional problem, Customer Service have always been ready and able to sort things out. That's why I stay with them.

I would just ask you to consider that it is a piece of manufactured electronics and they are being built in the '000s. Not every piece of kit is going to work immediately - yes, it can be non-working straight out of the box. This has happened to me only once and a working replacement was readily supplied.

TomTom Charging Bike Mount and Battery Cable for Rider 2nd Edition / Urban Rider / Rider Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be a standard item, 10 Sep 2014
2500 mile, 10-day trip around France and Spain. All sorts of weather conditions. Faultless in operation. Did exactly what it was supposed to do and is still doing it.

Until Now
Until Now
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Initially hard going, but worth it, 10 Sep 2014
This review is from: Until Now (Audio CD)
I Soundhounded a couple of tracks at a party and went for this CD. To be fair, first time I only managed about 4 tracks before I had a resounding headache. However, if you persevere; and have a decent sound system, you realise there is a whole lot of detail to hear on every track. If you're ripping to mp3, don't go for the low bitrate option.

I've managed to get to the end of the whole album a few times, now! It's just a bit dangerous if you're driving ... average speed goes up significantly.

Dinner For One [European Import / Region 2]
Dinner For One [European Import / Region 2]
Offered by marvelio-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Mandatory viewing ..... if you're German!, 3 April 2014
This is an English language DVD with a German introduction. Apparently it's televised EVERY Xmas on German TV and has been for 40+ years. It is soooo stupid that it eventually wrings thos laughs that you're trying to hold back. You can imagine the German nation sitting in front of the TV at Xmas, reciting it word-for-word.

It's better than the Queen's Speech

Panasonic Premium ES-RF31 Wet and Dry 4-Blade Electric Shaver for men with Flexible Pivoting Head

5.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculously close shave, 10 Oct 2013
I've had the ES-RF31 for a few days. Checking out the comparison between this and the 41, it seemed the only difference was two LED charging lights and a charging stand. They have the same cutting head and motor speed. For the price difference this model is fine!

This model is a replacement for a Braun Series 3 and before that I was a Remington user. Bo of those had performed quite well but I honestly was not prepared for the absolute leap in smoothness and speed of shave.

First couple of goes I continued as I had with my previous shavers, i.e. a dry shave on unwashed skin and while the shave was closer than I had been used to my skin did feel a bit raw and scraped.

The I tried wet shaving .... it has blown me away. Shaving time has fallen and it's even closer still and additionally my skin doesn't feel so ravaged. It doesn't feel ravaged at all.

Obviously early days and so I can't speak to longevity of battery etc., but I reckon if you follow the cleaning and foil replacement routine it'll be fine.

I'm sold!

56KBS USB 2.0 V.92 90 DIAL UP VOICE FAX DATA MODEM WIN7 FOR DESKTOP PC IBM TOSHIBA HP COMPAQ ACER DELL LENOVO APPLE SAMSUNG SONY ASUS ADVENT FUJITSU LG

5.0 out of 5 stars As easy as it gets, 31 July 2012
I know, dialup fax is dead as a dodo, particularly on a new Windows 7 x64 machine, but I still need one.

My old card wouldn't work so this well-priced USB modem has just plugged straight in, been recognised by Windows 7 Pro x64 and sent a fax using Windows Fax and Scan.

Doesn't get better than that ..... AND because it's USB, you don't need to leave it there all the time and be swamped with incoming junk faxes.

Oh, and the modem arrived really quickly, so top marks for delivery
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2012 3:33 PM GMT

Great British Bake Off: How to Bake: The Perfect Victoria Sponge and Other Baking Secrets
by Linda Collister

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for new bakers, 29 Dec 2011
I received this as a present and yes, I watched the show. The book is quite inspirational and to be fair I have baked 6 of the recipes so far. All of them have contained significant errors, ranging from incomplete ingredient lists, incorrect arithmetic, confusing ingredients and also, no fan oven temperature guides.

This book is shoddily and carelessly put together. If you are an inexperienced baker, you will probably be deeply demotivated if you choose the wrong recipe to try.
Paul's iced buns, omits water in the ingredients and also the weights and measures just don't add up. There is a difference in using icing sugars; Fondant, Royal and Standard.

I'm going at the focaccia as I write, and it just about seems to be working.

Really, as an instruction book, more care should have been taken over the ingredients' lists. Unfortunately, Mr Darbyshire's review doesn't match my experience; perhaps we have just chosen different recipes.

I can't recommend this book based on the recipes I have baked so far.

Philips GoGear MP4 player SA2MUS32S/02 Muse 32GB - Silver
Philips GoGear MP4 player SA2MUS32S/02 Muse 32GB - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but flawed, 13 Nov 2010
I lost my Creative Zen and this is the replacement. When it's working is is absolutely fine, but the Songbird Software is nothing short of dreadful. It all works better on drag and drop as a removable drive.

When you charge it or update it, it goes through a remounting exercise which takes a while. ANd if you want to watch a movie, it can take an age to get loaded.

The earbuds are quite decent and match well agains my Klipsch earbuds.

The video quality is fine but .... it's been a trial to find a format that actually works. I now use AnyVideoConverter which is available as a free download on the internet

Bottom line is that it's a nice-loking piece of kit but needs more attention to the user interfaces. Worth £170? Not really. I'm still hoping that my Zen is going to turn up!

Page: 1 | 2