Profile for Ben Huczek > Reviews

Content by Ben Huczek

Ben Huczek (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Unmovable
Unmovable

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy and Enjoy, 19 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Unmovable (Audio CD)
Independent UK-based, German producer, Tom Morrison has pulled a gem out of the bag with this one. There’s enough in it to interest hard core metal and it’s absolutely accessible music if you fancy giving the genre a go. Frankly, not a dud track in there.

These guys can write and play their instruments. The subject matter is as expected centred around the metal staples of Heaven, Hell, Angels, Demons, the Devil etc. However, there’s no mention that I could hear of any hobbits or Gandalf. There are plenty of opportunities to shake your head and scream out choruses; which even football supporters could handle.

I’ve now listened to the CD in various formats about a dozen time and I strongly recommend you play an original disc in a half-decent system. Loud.

If you just have to have your music on the move, cheap earphones and a low quality rip will not deliver the full impact. Decent earbuds and 320kps mp3 just about gets you there, but if you can rip to FLAC and use proper headphones it’s even better.

So there you go. Buy and enjoy.

Logitech Z130 Speaker System - Black
Logitech Z130 Speaker System - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to go wrong with these, 27 Nov. 2015
I know Logitech will probably be offended, but these are suprising good for the price!

They're obviously not state of the art hi-fi speakers but are well rounded and ideal for watching streamed stuff on the desktop, skype etc.

FiiO X3 Digital Music Player (3.5 mm Headphone Output Jack)
FiiO X3 Digital Music Player (3.5 mm Headphone Output Jack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find but worth the effort, 27 Nov. 2015
I sort of wish I'd gone for the more expensive piece because the X3 only has a single microSD slot. I've got mine loaded with a 128GB card and it only holds about 500 mp3 CDs at 320kps. The larger model takes 2 cards.

The audio quality is amazing.

Purchased primarily as a FLAC player, with some decent headphones I can't hear too much difference between FLAC and high quality mp3 and have now reverted back to mp3 to take advantage of the lower memory usage.

I had a couple of questions which FiiO customer services answered fully and intelligently by return, so that's a bonus. (Ever tried to get sense from an Apple Store?)

The only; and I mean only, gripe is that the user interface is a bit out of the Stoneage. It take a while to get to the album you want.

I've had mine nearly a year now and it's all good. Battery life is fine.

Getting music onto it is drag and drop - doesn't get much easier than that.

BENETECH GM550 Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer
BENETECH GM550 Non-Contact Infrared Digital Thermometer
Offered by HOP WIRELESS

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a bit of kit ... we all should have one, 27 Nov. 2015
Great fun and a good checker for precision frying!

The Best of Glenn Miller
The Best of Glenn Miller
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality lets down great music, 27 Nov. 2015
Quality is pretty rubbish, but you get the drift.

How to Make Bread
How to Make Bread
by Emmanuel Hadjiandreou

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring breadmaking, 27 Nov. 2015
This review is from: How to Make Bread (Hardcover)
If you only have one breadmaking book, this is it. All the recipes are for hand-baking but they work just as well with a mixer.

Backatown
Backatown
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Start here, 27 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Backatown (Audio CD)
I'd not heard of this guy until watching an episode of Treme (LoveFilm by post). I now have everything he's done. Superb and it transpires he's supporting the Foo Fighters.

Mboko
Mboko

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard Work, 27 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Mboko (Audio CD)
I bought this prior to going to see David perform live. I wish I hadn't bothered. To say his music is challenging to listen to is a bit of an understatement. There's no doubting the musicians' competence and they almost certainly have all the right notes, but not necessarilt in the right order for my ear.

[Upgraded Version] Micro USB Cable RAVPower [5-Pack] in Assorted Lengths (1ft, 3ft X2, 6ft, & 10ft) High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables (Black)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew I needed them all!!!, 28 Oct. 2015
This is the second RAVPower item I've had and they really seem to be great quality. I was actually only looking for one cable but took the the package. Who know that Iwould need them all!

A couple in the car for the phones - with the RAVPower dual charger, one to replace the lost Anker cable, one to replace my bare-wired home phone charge and one left for emergency.

I know most people just think cables are just cables; and mostly they are, but the plugs do wear out and these babies are a great replacement.

I can't fault them.

The Incredible Melting Man
The Incredible Melting Man
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Desperately Bad, 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Incredible Melting Man (DVD)
What a waste of a sunny 20 minutes. That's how long I managed to stick it out. This film is bad and not in a good way.

Possibly the only redeeming feature is looking at some '70s cars and fashion.

I don't think the next bit could be classified as a spoiler, but there's a medical scene and the doctor says "We don't even know if it's contagious" ..... as they stand next to the corpse with no protection of any sort .....

Yes folks, head in hands moment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3