Profile for clifftops > Reviews

Content by clifftops

clifftops

Dark on Fire (2 Disc Version)
Dark on Fire (2 Disc Version)
Offered by westworld-
Price: 14.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Think I have the set now?, 1 May 2013
I've seen Turin Brakes 3 times and recently (2012) at the Stables Milton Keynes. Seeing them live again rekindled my enthuiasm for this band... and I filled-in the gaps in my collection. Well worthwhile. They deserve greater exposure.

Harry & Paul - Series 4 [DVD]
Harry & Paul - Series 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Harry Enfield
Price: 8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Haven't always been a fan, 1 May 2013
But...have to say this series was classy. Somehow preferred their previous solo efforts, but do recomment this series. Chortle, chortle

Jazz [2011 Remastered Version]
Jazz [2011 Remastered Version]
Price: 16.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmm, 1 May 2013
A number of very positive reviews for this album... but it isn't up there with Sheer Heart Attack and A Day at the Races for me. Classic Queen in places, bit weaker in others I'd say

Women And Children First
Women And Children First
Price: 5.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 1 May 2013
I had this album on tape years ago and it's as good as I recall. Worthwhile addtion to any VH collection I'd say.

Original Album Series [5-Pack]
Original Album Series [5-Pack]
Price: 9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab value, 1 May 2013
What can you say about good ol fashioned rock at this price! Eliminator still "tops" for me. Maybe the others will grow

Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's
Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's
Price: 10.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Performing This Week - Live At Ronnie Scott'S [DVD] [2009], 21 Nov 2012
I'm a very late convert to Jeff Beck. Brilliant showcase of his (and the rest of the band's) talent. Gig may have been "staged" I guess, but really wish I'd been there. Well worthwhile purchase.