Profile for alkaso > Reviews

Alpha to Omega Pack: Teacher's Handbook and Student's Book 6th Edition
by Ms Beve Hornsby
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for dyslexia students, 12 Feb. 2014
At my sister's recommendation ( she is a qualified teacher and I am not) I bought these to help a young relative ( 8years of age at the time and now almost 10) who had missed out vital building blocks at school. I miss not having the teaching aids - too expensive and too many I suspect for my purpose - but we have worked our way slowly through ( it is only one of our learning activities together) once a week through term time and are almost finished part one. I have found it logical and helpful, building stage on stage whilst reinforcing what has gone before. The child's reading and spelling has improved slowly but significantly . I have also learned many of the rules of why we pronounce words in a particular way! A home learner's reduced and cheaper pack of support tools would greatly expand the use of this.

DMD Stainless Steel Mini Gem Salt and Pepper Mill Set
DMD Stainless Steel Mini Gem Salt and Pepper Mill Set
Offered by Blackmore Leisure

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 May 2013
These mills look very smart - they are a great size and have functioned well for several picnics. However last weekend the pepper mill just came apart. Nothing appears to be broken but the pieces will now not stay together. On closer inspection, the plastic elements do not look very robust. Disappointing after so few uses. The salt mill is still functioning however.

The Well-tended Perennial Garden: Planting and Pruning Techniques
The Well-tended Perennial Garden: Planting and Pruning Techniques
by Tracy DiSabato-Aust

5.0 out of 5 stars So informative and practical, 12 Jan. 2011
My husband is a very knowledgeable gardener - I am not. He read a review of this book in The Financial Times. This book is so easy to use and full of practical advice that I use it all the time. My husband refers to it regularly and has recommended it to other experienced gardeners. What a bonus that we both find it so useful! It is also very well laid out with good photographs.