Profile for happy mum > Reviews

Content by happy mum

happy mum

Ten Little Babies (Touch & Count)
Ten Little Babies (Touch & Count)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for babies!, 20 Mar. 2014
My 6 month old loves this book. Nice and big, chunky covers which stand up to being grabbed by baby hands! Recommend.

Ultimate Dirty Dancing
Ultimate Dirty Dancing
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Ultimate Dirty Dancing (Audio CD)
Loved the film and love this album - it has got all the songs from the film, in the order that they originally appeared; what more could you want!!

Don't You Feel Well, Sam?
Don't You Feel Well, Sam?
by Amy Hest

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 31 Aug. 2010
My little boy loved this book! As good as the other Sam Bear books - all of them give you and your 'little bears' a cosy, warm feeling when you read them together.

The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
by Gina Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 July 2010
Gina Ford's book literally stopped me from getting depressed after I had my first baby. I was finding it so difficult to know how to interpret my baby's cries - felt awful because I didn't know if he was hungry/in pain/cold/tired/bored/wet just by the quality of the cry, which I was led to believe I should be able to do. That didn't come naturally for me at all but after following Gina's advice - not to the letter but taking the general principles on board - I had a very contented baby (just like it says on the tin!) and therefore, was a happy mum.

Went on to have 3 more children and have managed to breastfeed them all for a year each and they all slept through by 3 months and most importantly of all.....have been very happy, interested and interesting babies. Also, I was able to enjoy my time with them so much more because I wasn't up several times a night for a year like most of the people I know who did feeding on demand.

Definitely worked for me and my kids - I cannot recommend Gina's book highly enough.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2010 3:14 PM BST