Profile for redarrow100 > Reviews

Content by redarrow100

redarrow100

Page: 1 | 2
Sony 50CDQ80SP 700MB 48x Spindle CD-R Discs (Pack of 50)
Sony 50CDQ80SP 700MB 48x Spindle CD-R Discs (Pack of 50)
Price: 10.03

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Failures, 12 April 2014
These discs seemed a duff to me, I wasted more than half of them as they had faults after burning. I've had Sony discs before so this was probably a duff batch. Problem is it's a bit difficult to return them to an on-line shop, particularly once you've used a bundle of them. Therefore I suggest buying them at a 'proper' shop so you an take them straight back.

Zulu
Zulu
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Film Score, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Zulu (MP3 Download)
This is a classic film score by film music God, John Barry. I've had this in my LP collection for over 30 years, thought it about time to get up to date. I probably paid less for the MP3's than I did for the LP.

Skyfall
Skyfall
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great theme, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Skyfall (MP3 Download)
First of I should say that I am a massive fan of John Barry's music and as such rate any Bond theme in comparison to the many great themes he wrote. So to give this 5 stars is a really good score from me. I would rate it as the third best Bond song of all time - which is a better compliment that it sounds.

Skyfall (Tribute to Adele Instrumental)
Skyfall (Tribute to Adele Instrumental)
Price: 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a backing track., 2 Mar 2014
Not really a lot to say about it, it's OK if you want to do your own vocals (which I don't), but it does not replicate the melody in any way.

The Adventures Of Robinson Crusoe [1964] [DVD]
The Adventures Of Robinson Crusoe [1964] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Hoffmann
Price: 7.10

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as I remember?, 2 Mar 2014
I say as good as I remember, but when I watched it I realised that I didn't remember very much of it - apart from the theme tune. Nonetheless we really enjoyed it. I'm glad that no attempt has been made to give it colour or improve the image faults (scratches and the like), and as such it was just as it would have been when I last saw it 45 years ago!

The Vikings [DVD] [1958]
The Vikings [DVD] [1958]
Dvd ~ Kirk Douglas
Price: 3.92

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't make 'em like this anymore., 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Vikings [DVD] [1958] (DVD)
Forget the CGI, this is the real thing. Authentic settings and locations and real action acting. I think this is one of the best films of all time - that's why I bought it!

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Song, 16 Dec 2013
It sounds very Christmasy. We put all our Christmas songs on while we decorate the tree and put up the decorations.

Driving Home For Christmas
Driving Home For Christmas

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Song, 16 Dec 2013
It sums up the feeling of....well Driving Home for Christmas. We put all our Christmas songs on while we decorate the tree.

Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy [DVD] [1982]
Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ William Shatner
Price: 13.33

5.0 out of 5 stars The Unintended Trilogy, 30 Sep 2013
The three films hang together well, but were not actually intended as a trilogy. The first film sees Spock die, the second sees him re-born and the third sees him get his marbles back. My favourite is the last in the trilogy (the forth Start Trek film) as it has a quite a bit of humour and involves time travel - and they save a few wales on the way.

Follyfoot Remembered: Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of This Award-Winning Classic Television Drama Series
by Jane Royston
Price: 13.49

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wife Loves it., 30 Sep 2013
Bought as a present for my Wife, this might be a book that she actually reads. Full of facts and pictures, this book carries a synopsis of each episode and then has memories from the perspective of the author who was the 'horse wrangler' for the show.

Page: 1 | 2