Profile for Bettina von Cossel > Reviews

Content by Bettina von Cossel

Bettina von Cossel (Greater London, UK)

Mallorca (AA Island Maps)
Mallorca (AA Island Maps)

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and informative, 21 May 2010
This review is from: Mallorca (AA Island Maps) (Map)
This map was very helpful and informative on our recent trip to Majorca. We had no other information about must-see places on the island, so we went to spots with beautiful views or beaches we discovered on the map - and had a fabulous holiday.

The downside: this is one of these huge folding maps, which are easy to handle as long as you stay on the page. As soon as you drive into a part where you have to change the folds of the map (or choose a destination right on the fold) things get annoying.

The Big Book of Juices: More Than 400 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day
by Natalie Savona

5.0 out of 5 stars Go and get it!, 8 Feb 2010
Natalie Savona's 'Big Book Of Juices' is the best book of its kind I've seen so far. It is full of tempting juice and smoothie recipes, but the author also explains how to prepare the different fruit and vegetables for juicing or blending, and gives great advice about the ailments you can treat or possibly prevent with certain ingredients.

I'm keen to lose weight and was particularly interested in tasty recipes for vegetable-based juices, or those with a high vegetable content. I guess that there are around 250 recipes containing vegetables in this book, if not more. Therefore I am more than pleased with this book. I was also happy to see that I can get all the mentioned fruit and vegetables at my local supermarket in London. Those living in the country might find it more difficult to get hold of pineapple or passion fruit, but most of the recipes don't require exotic fruit, but good old basics like apple, orange, celery or carrots.

Go and get this book, if you're interested in juicing. You won't regret it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2012 5:08 PM GMT

Freesourcing: How to Start a Business with No Money
Freesourcing: How to Start a Business with No Money
by Jonathan Yates

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 28 Nov 2009
This book contains great advice, and is a must-have for everyone who'd like to start a business with no money. The pages are packed with information where to get the usual start-up necessities for free - from free computers to free software, free business cards, or free office furniture. Jonathan Yates gives plenty of ideas how to market your business for free, or how other entrepreneurs have successfully grown their companies without money - even what type of business you could start for free, if you haven't had the big idea yet.

This is a very inspirational and informative book, and I will certainly use the author's advice for my own start-up company.

Penelope [DVD] [2007]
Penelope [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Christina Ricci

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely!, 20 April 2008
This review is from: Penelope [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
A great film with great actors - especially lovely McAvoy as scruffy gambler Max! This is fairy tale romance as good as it gets, and the connection between the two is very believable. You'll watch this film again and again!

Good-night Moon Room: A Pop-up Book
Good-night Moon Room: A Pop-up Book
by Margaret Wise Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars The best fall-asleep book for toddlers ever!, 30 July 2006
This short book contains the best bedtime story I've ever read with my four children! All of them were ready to fall asleep at the end, night after night. 'Good Night Moon' is a lovely book. It's truly enchanting and I'll certainly read it to all my grandchildren and great-grandchildren one day. It first appeared in 1947, as far as I know, and is a real classic in the States. I really don't know why it isn't known so well in the UK.

My children are teenagers now, but they insist on keeping 'Good Night Moon' for ever. Every now and then they take it out of the book shelf saying 'Oh, this is such a sweet book!' We also read it to every toddler that comes to our house overnight and they ALL love it!

The story line is about a little rabbit saying Good Night to all sorts of things in his room before falling asleep. To the moon, to his socks, to a bowl full of mush,... Page by page the light in the room gets dimmer, the moon rises higher and cleverly chosen words make you speak quieter and quieter each page until your voice has reduced to a mere whisper. You can be dead sure that your child is half asleep at the end of the book.

The children enjoy to discover the different items in the pictures, which are mentioned in the text and the whereabouts of a little mouse that appears on every page.

This is a true gem of a book!

PS: I don't know this book as a pop-up book, only as a cardboard version where every page is made from stiff, cardboard-style paper which is wonderful for toddlers to handle and will last for generations.