Profile for Michael C > Reviews

Content by Michael C

Michael C

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Screen Protector - NEW 2013 Ultra Premium HD Version - 3 PACK Ultra Clear - iSmooth - Free Lifetime Replacement Guarantee - Bubble Free Installation Guaranteed - Package Includes BONUS Premium Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, Two (2) Dust Removal Stickers, Installation Tips with Video, and Three (3) Ultra Clear Screen Protectors

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 21 Jan. 2014
I've used screen protectors on mobile phones for ages now and I just assumed that would always scratch because they're plastic. These ones haven't got a scratch on them though after a couple of weeks! They've got a lifetime warranty as well so the only problem I can see here is; why would you need a multipack? It's a very good problem to have so these get 5 stars from me :)

The multi-pack arrived very quickly so no problems there. I would definitely recommend iSmooth and will be looking for their products in the future myself.

Sony Xperia Z Ultra SIM-free Android Smartphone - White
Sony Xperia Z Ultra SIM-free Android Smartphone - White
Offered by SmartDealsLondon

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 star phone, but still annoyed by Amazon., 2 Nov. 2013
I'm a big fan of large phones/ phablets so this thing fits the bill just fine. I've had a few problems with it in the first couple of weeks of owning it, however these have mostly been fixed by firmware updates. (I'm still not sure about the optimized backlight problem where turning the feature off leads to continuous rebooting; I've just left it on to be safe).

Pros:
Amazing 1080p 6.4 inch screen with great viewing angles and colour reproduction.
Best built phone I have ever owned (last one was Galaxy Note 2).
Battery life is pretty good. (It ran out a bit too quickly when I first got it but after a few charges it's lasting me about a day now).
Super fast and smooth because of the new CPU and GPU.
Feels nice and light in the hand because of the 'omni-balance' design (or something like that :P).
I really like Sony's take on Android compared to Touchwiz in the Samsung I had before.
Included Bluetooth headset is really good. Although the earphones went quite in one side the actual detachable bluetooth part is fine.

Cons:
Camera is lacking a little. I can forgive it though because it's obviously not designed to be a camera phone (and the rest of the phone is awesome).
A few glitches and niggles, I think the firmware needs fine tuning. (looking forward to 4.4 kitkat).
Sharp corners can be uncomfortable when holding for a long time.

Overall because of the differences in UI and build quality;going back to the Note 2 feels like playing with a toy, whereas the Sony feels like a premium gadget.

*I'd like to say one last thing that got my last comment removed. I bought the white Xperia Z Ultra about 2 weeks ago for £570. The black one is now £460 and falling all the time. I am clearly but-hurt about this and wanted to vent my rage and left a one-star review. That wasn't reflective of the actual phone and so I was wrong to do it. I am annoyed it got removed though because it was my opinion (free speech and all that) and, in a way, Amazon has cheated the overall score back to 5 stars.*

So because of Amazon's disappointing reaction to my previous review and the price problem, I'm going to give a 5 star phone 4 stars.

ALSO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WAIT FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE YOU BUY IT! That way you'll save yourself a nice amount of money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2014 3:58 PM GMT

IPHONE 3G 3GS SUPER SLIM FIT SHIELD CASE - CLEAR PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, 6 Sept. 2012
I bought this case because I have the white iPhone and wanted to show it off a bit. It has worked well for the time that I've had it (about a year and a half) and is still going strong. I've only stopped using it because I bought a full leather cover as I smashed the screen after dropping the phone. The case has cracked at some of the corners and is a bit scuffed and stained but that's why I bought it, so it wouldn't happen to the actual phone. All in all an effective case

Bagbase Fashion Backpack 20 Great Colours! Chocolate/Sand
Bagbase Fashion Backpack 20 Great Colours! Chocolate/Sand
Offered by COOZO

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cheap bag, 6 Sept. 2012
I couldn't find a cheaper bag on all of the Internet so I was happy to discover that it is well made. It looks great (I bought the brown and sand colour) and is comfortable. Unfortunately there aren't any small compartments inside the main part of the bag, there is a small one on the front though. I hope it lasts me through my next few years of uni.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2013 9:44 PM GMT

Supergets® Flip PU Leather Case for Apple Iphone 3G/3GS, Screen Protector, Stylus And Polishing Cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 6 Sept. 2012
I'm really pleased with the quality of the case considering the price. It was delivered quickly and has made my phone look a bit more upmarket :P. I never really use the stylus, however the screen was easy enough to put on and seems to be working well. Good product.

Neewer Black Underwater Sport Waterproof Swimmer MP3 Player For Windows XP Vista Mac

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 6 Sept. 2012
So far so good I have only used it at the pool once but the sound quality was very good. It actually sounds better underwater than over. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the earphones worked, considering they came free with the MP3 player. Very easy to put music on and is easy to use after a few tries. Overall very pleased with the product, price and delivery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2013 10:32 AM GMT