Profile for Zara > Reviews

Strawberry Ceramic Trinket Box
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty trinket box, 13 May 2012
This review is from: Strawberry Ceramic Trinket Box
This is cute and pretty and would make a good gift for a friend or even for yourself. Can hold pennies or else maybe to be used as a sweet box or a sugar bowl. Whatevcer the use it'll brighten up your kitchen - looks good enough to eat but is a calorie-free treat!

CupCake Bookends
CupCake Bookends

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, 13 May 2012
This review is from: CupCake Bookends (Toy)
These would make a cute gift for somebody. Would look nice in a girlie kitchen to hold cook books. Not sure why this is listed under 'toys' though... definitely not a toy.

Confessions of  a Shopaholic [DVD]
Confessions of a Shopaholic [DVD]
Dvd ~ Isla Fisher
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Book is better., 25 Feb. 2012
I enjoyed the DVD. In fact I watched it twice but it's definitely not as good as the book which I've also read a couple of times. It was an enoyable way to pass an evening with a friend but it isn't a very memorable film. Becky is American but in the book she's English. I would have preferred the film to be set in London with all its great shopping locations. Also, I was a little disappointed with Luke's character. I imagined him to be taller and look a bit older, more suave. As I said I did enjoy it but I would happily pass on my DVD copy to a charity shop, something I couldn't do with the book which takes pride of place on my chick lit book shelf!

Made in Dagenham [DVD] [2010]
Made in Dagenham [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sally Hawkins
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good film, 19 Feb. 2012
I enjoyed the film a lot. I watched it with my mum and we both found it entertaining and eye-opening, although my mum can remember these times and how tough it was on women in the work place! It is both funny and serious. Sally Hawkins played a blinder in the lead role. I would definitely recommend this DVD to all women. It just shows, although we have further to go still in terms of equality in practically all areas of employment, we have, thankfully, come a long way.

Bookends
Bookends
by Jane Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Green's best., 18 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Bookends (Paperback)
I'm a big Jane Green fan, and Bookends is an enoyable enough book. However it is not anywhere near as funny as say, Jemima J, or even Straight Talking. The book is based a lot on close friendships, which I liked, but some of the relationships between the characters were underdevelopped and a bit pointless eg. Portia and Si. I didn't really get that atll. Read it if you're already a fan but if you want to try Jane Green, I wouldn't start with this one.

Turning Turtle
Turning Turtle
by Denise Deegan

4.0 out of 5 stars Well-written and thought evoking, 18 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Turning Turtle (Paperback)
I thought this was a very well-written debut book. It tuged at the heart strings. I really felt for the heroine, Kim. It was an emotional read and I found myself shedding the odd tear while reading it.

Maddy Goes to Hollywood
Maddy Goes to Hollywood
by Maureen Martella

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book., 18 Feb. 2012
I enjoyed this book. It was well-written, fun and quirky. I liked the scenes based in sunny Hollywood. Maddy is a likeable heroine too. Definitely worth a read.

Murder on the Orient Express (Poirot) (Hercule Poirot Series Book 10)
Murder on the Orient Express (Poirot) (Hercule Poirot Series Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars A trip back in time., 1 Feb. 2012
Having seen the film a few times I eventually got around to reading the book. It is compelling reading and it makes me want to take a trip on the Orient Express. I love the descriptive scenes and Hercule Poirot's humour is hard to beat. I'd say I have read 20 plus Agatha Christie's and this is probably my second favourite, my favourite being Death on The Nile. Truly the aurhor was a genius of her time and is still so relevant today.

Dragons' Den Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dragons' Den Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dragons' Den

5.0 out of 5 stars Good collection, 1 Feb. 2012
I like having these episodes on DVD so I can dip in and out when I feel like. They make for compelling viewing and although there are some cringe moments from the budding entrepeneurs it is very interesting to look back and see which dragons were right with their business decisions. I will hold onto this collection and look back again with even more interest in about five years time.

Bridesmaids (Extended Edition) [DVD] [2011]
Bridesmaids (Extended Edition) [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Kristen Wiig
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit vulgar, but funny with laugh-out-loud moments, 30 Jan. 2012
I wasn't sure if I would like this film but wanted something girlie and funny to relax with so I bought this from Amazon. I stuck it on one Saturday night, poured myself a glass of wine and settled down to watch. Just a few moments into the film I was chuckling out loud. If you can get past some of the more vulagar moments such as the bathroom moment at the wedding dress shop, there are some really funny scenes here. I especially loved the scene on the plane to Las Vegas! The ending is about as predictale as you can get, but it's a film you should watch on your own or with a few girlfriends - definitely not a date - or your conservative mother! The main character, Annie, is likeable and believable. I went on three hen weekends last year and it was enough for me. It is near impossible to put a bunch of women that don't know each other together for a weekend and expect them all to get on brilliantly. There will be personality clashes of sorts and there is often so much pressure on everyone to have a good time that it can feel false. This film conveyed all of this and it worked. I'll watch this one again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10