Profile for siouxie > Reviews

Content by siouxie

siouxie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
A Book Of Nonsense (Everyman's Library Children's Classics)
A Book Of Nonsense (Everyman's Library Children's Classics)
by Edward Lear

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, beuatifully bound, 6 Nov 2014
My grandson thinks these are weird - just what I hoped. I loved this book a child. Fabulous. The book has a lovely linen-bound feel to it. A thing of beauty.

Fables (Everyman's Library Children's Classics)
Fables (Everyman's Library Children's Classics)
by Aesop

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for a young child but a lovely book, 6 Nov 2014
I bought this for my 9-year old grandson, but it really wasn't suitable. It is written in the original form which is pretty difficult for a young child. The stories are very short - just a few sentences in some cases. Then there are extensive notes. I would think this is more a book for a discerning adult as a reference book or maybe a coffee table book. The cover is lovely and it is very well produced.

Pack of 50 PCS Heart Shaped Painted 2 Hole Wooden Buttons 18mm x15mm
Pack of 50 PCS Heart Shaped Painted 2 Hole Wooden Buttons 18mm x15mm
Offered by UK DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Nov 2014
Lovely for craft and fantastic value. Arrived quickly and well packaged.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
by Robert Galbraith

5.0 out of 5 stars A jolly good read, 6 Nov 2014
I have managed to avoid reading Harry Potter and approached this with some trepidation but it was for the Book Club so I felt I should at least try. Surprise - it was an excellent fast-paced page-turner, and the grammar and syntax were good (always essential in my opinion). I liked the main protagonists - they weren't perfect people (Dan Brown please note) and I'm looking forward to reading the next one. Recommended read!

100 Organza Bags Wedding Favour Bags By WeddingDirect.com, Red
100 Organza Bags Wedding Favour Bags By WeddingDirect.com, Red
Offered by Ama-ZODE

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 6 Nov 2014
Don't buy these: the ones I received were very poorly made - about one in four were unusable because the stitching was so bad. Although they were very cheap, they were not worth the money. I also bought some gold ones, from a different supplier, which cost more for half the amount, but were perfectly made so worked out cheaper in the long run. I had to use these but wouldn't recommend this product from this supplier.

50 Gold , Organza Bags , small , 7 cm x 9 cm
50 Gold , Organza Bags , small , 7 cm x 9 cm
Offered by RP.Craftshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 6 Nov 2014
Slightly smaller than I'd expected even though I'd worked out the cms but did the job for enclosing small items on my craft stall. Well made. Arrived quickly. Good value.

Aluminium Credit Card Holder (Silver)
Aluminium Credit Card Holder (Silver)
Offered by Mad Choice Celebrate Black Friday--Ships from HK station

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift, 6 Nov 2014
Perfect. I wanted this as gift. The only reason I gave this 4 and not 5 is that the packaging was damaged and not really substantial enough but as the item is sturdy it didnt matter too much.

Botanico 96 Round 6cm Fibre Starter Pots
Botanico 96 Round 6cm Fibre Starter Pots

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 12 May 2014
I buy these every year and they are very good value. They arrive quickly. If you are careful you can re-use them too.

Botanico 48 Round 8cm Fibre Starter Pots
Botanico 48 Round 8cm Fibre Starter Pots

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 12 May 2014
I buy these every year. They are very good value, and if you are careful, they can even be re-used!

The Hidden Object Show: Wimmelbild Spiel
The Hidden Object Show: Wimmelbild Spiel
Offered by Game World United Kingdom

5.0 out of 5 stars It's actually English! Good value., 12 May 2014
Like a previous reviewer I was a tad anxious on account of the German titling, but when you open up the game to play, there is an option as to which language you want, like many other games in fact, so no worries! The game itself goes on forever - I haven't finished it yet, because I put it down for a break and got tied up with other things, as you do, but I will go back, safe in the knowledge that I'll have quite a lot more still to play. It's not difficult, and you get hints. The lay-out of the "fairground" is a little odd, and you can't always tell where you are, but it's good value, and doesn't tax the brain-cells too much. A good buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4