Profile for rpc > Reviews

Content by rpc

rpc

Neetİ - 3 Port HDMI AUTO SWITCH 3x1 Mini Hub Box (3 way input 1 output) 1080p Full HD v1.3b HDMI Switcher
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems, 12 May 2011
Use it to switch between PS3, DVD player and laptop. Haven't had any problems with it failing to switch to the correct device at switch on. It is small enough to sit discretely at the side of all the usual gubbins under the TV, so if I want to switch manually when more than device is on I can simply. Can't fault it.

Sealey 3/8-inch sq 2-24nm/1.47-17.70lb.ft Torque Wrench Micrometer Style Drive
Sealey 3/8-inch sq 2-24nm/1.47-17.70lb.ft Torque Wrench Micrometer Style Drive
Offered by Equitech Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bikes, 12 May 2011
Bought this for use on my Mountain bike. The low range makes it ideal for actually being able to tighten things to the manufacturers settings. Really easy to set to the required torque and makes an obvious 'pop' when you've got there. Haven't had it for years so can't say too much about how it will last but it has had a lot of use already and still feels as tight and well made as new.

Hama 00044731 CD ROM Lens Cleaner
Hama 00044731 CD ROM Lens Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't use it in the car, 29 Dec 2010
I bought this to clean the CD player in my car. I know some don't work in cars so, going off other reviews, I got this one. Unfortunately it doesn't work in car stereos and to be fair it does say this in the small print on the back of the packaging, would have been nice if this was mentioned in the product description though.

Puregadgets Exclusive Sat Nav / Tomtom / Garmin / Navman / Apple iPhone / Google Phone / Mobile Phone Vent Mount keeps your windscreen field of vision clear by mounting on your ventiliation system 100% safe and easy to install 30 days no quibble money back guarantee

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 11 Aug 2010
I've no idea if this works as it's not the one I got. The one I was sent was just about wide enough for my mobile phone and that's it. Unfortunately for me I was desperate as I needed something for a trip, when my original mount broke, so having paid for express delivery which cost the same as the holder I was left with no time and no useable holder. My only option was to spend a couple of hours in the garage and adapt the holder I'd got along with the broken mount so I had something. As a result I never got as far as trying to return it. Have now stopped using it altogether as the clips that mount it to the air vent (not something I touched during the modification) have failed now. Suffice to say this is not something I'd recommend.

Radio Control Car 1/14 scale Electric Subaru Impreza WRC 2006 Ready to Run
Radio Control Car 1/14 scale Electric Subaru Impreza WRC 2006 Ready to Run

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 10 Aug 2010
Bought this as a present for the boy and have had great fun with it, me too when he's not looking! Easy to operate and fast. It's pretty tough, having so far survived numerous jumps off a make shift ramp and in one accident being ridden over by a ten year old on his bike. The latter only resulted in the body shell crumpling but it was easily straightened once removed from the (undamaged) chassis. The only downside is the rechargeable battery in the car doesn't last too long but I suppose thats the price you pay for the performance. Overall a great buy.

Mio Navman M300 Deluxe Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps
Mio Navman M300 Deluxe Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sat Nav, 10 Aug 2010
I don't have much experience of sat navs, having only used one other a borrowed garmin (don't know the model), but this unit is much better than the one I have used. I live in an area where signals of any description are hard to come by but this sat nav has always kept a good signal and when it does loose connection it re-acquires it quickly and so far always before the turning. Unlike my previous experience this unit doesn't insist on telling me that sharp turns in the road are in fact turns to be taken, which has led to many wrong turns in the past. The only downside I've found so far is that to set a destination it requires both a postcode and a house number which is a problem when trying to navigate to hotels where usually you only have a postcode, which leads to getting to roughly the right area and then driving round or asking. I don't know if this is something that is common to all sat navs but it's certainly not something that detracts from the overall performance, especially for the price.