Profile for Madgie > Reviews

Content by Madgie

Madgie "Madgie" (Orkney, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bush LCD 26 HD Ready 26in LCD TV.
Bush LCD 26 HD Ready 26in LCD TV.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Bush LCD 26 HD Ready 26in LCD TV.
I have had one of these for 4 years now and all of a sudden it started making a high pitch buzzing noise which comes up whenever I turn it on.
I presume this is the reason why no-one is buying it. There should be a recall.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 May 2010
I first found out about this product on the gadget show. I bought this product hoping to make soft scoop ice cream and I did! The Ice Cream Ball has perfect results every time.

Microsoft Windows 95 - Upgrade licence - 1 user - volume - Level A - English
Microsoft Windows 95 - Upgrade licence - 1 user - volume - Level A - English

1.0 out of 5 stars Bugged, Slow and Epic Fail., 17 Mar. 2010
WIndows 95 the first ever Windows PC with no bugs (Or so they claimed). Over 200 People developed it with such little effort and created a 1960's Computer that went REALLY slow.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2010 7:32 PM BST

Breville VDF018 Professional Deep Fryer
Breville VDF018 Professional Deep Fryer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fryer but there are drawbacks, 23 Feb. 2010
This is a very good chip fryer.
One day we used it like normal and it was under the fan but when we finished, we forgot to put the fan back and the steam evaporated into the fan and water dripped from it straight into the fryer.
It's perfectly alright now.

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (PS3)
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst game series of all time just got even WORSE!!!, 4 Feb. 2010
I thought you can't rate a game you haven't even played so I bought this and within 4 hours I got my money back. I wasted 3 and a half hours of my life that I will NEVER get back.
Pretty much the only reason I bought this game was because Gary Oldman was in it. Spyro has done well making it to Number 1 on Top 10 Worst Game series of all time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2014 3:04 AM GMT

Rudolph & Island of Misfit Toys [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Rudolph & Island of Misfit Toys [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by EliteDigital UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost the will to live, 5 Jan. 2010
I spent 90 terrible minutes suffering this sad excuse of a film. I was expecting so much more given Richard Dreyfuss and Jamie Lee Curtis involvement. What were they thinking of accepting the invitation to participate in what must be one of the low points of film making not just in the last decade but the entire history of film making. The animation was laggy, glitchy and slowed down and sped up at points, however this pales into insignificance when compared to the CGI and the quite woeful kite character. What the hell were they thinking of when they came up with the idea of Rudolph assisting Santa to change a fuse when the lights went out, I dread to think where one replaces the batteries for Rudolph's nose when the light dies in his torch hooter. But I guess it would be advisable to change them promptly incase the old battery acid leaks out, passing stools would probably make his eyes water more than mine did after enduring this preposterous folly. The score lacked imagination, creativity and competence. The arrangements were pitiful, the sampled sounds are almost indescribably poor. How on Earth could anyone sit in a recording studio and listen over and over again as tracks were layed down during the overdub process?!!? The internation and arrangements combined to form a quite staggering level of incompetence musically this is really very sad. Now the songs, where do I begin to tell the story of this inept collection of bankrupt juvenile delinquent drivel, the lyrics were perfectly in tune with the rambling corny story line. The songs are most memorable for being unmemorable, the writer can take great credit for his continuity of unmemorable melodies, hooks and structures. I cannot believe for one minute the writer has managed to secure any further gainful employment in the industry. The Producer of this quite extra-ordinary project must take great credit for securing any type of budget let alone convincing Messers Dreyfuss and Curtis that involvement would not put their entire careers in grave jeopardy. Goodtimes Entertainment could be no further from the truth despite brave attempts to research further offerings from this organization. I am relieved to report that it appears there is no other output. What a relief.
I would strongly advised anyone involved in "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and The Island of Misfit Toys" project strike mention of this abomination from their CV's, as for me I am seeking psychiatric assistance to cope with the trauma caused by exposure to this moribund lethargy.
The biggest mistake was at the end. Santa gave the teddy bear to the original owner's daughter forgetting the fact that she would throw him away exactly like her Father had done. Why doesn't someone get a grenade and put it up the sucking pipe on the Zeppelin and blow it up sending all the stolen ornaments flying everywhere back to their owners.
To make a long review short,
DON'T BUY IT!!! EVER!!!!!! I am going to sue the newspaper it came free with.

BlackSite: Area 51 (PS3)
BlackSite: Area 51 (PS3)
Offered by bnhlmt

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge Disappointment, 30 Dec. 2009
I played Area 51 on PS2 and loved it. So I decided to get this game because I thought it was the sequel to Area 51. I was very wrong.
The first thing I noticed was that the game lagged a lot and the graphics were not very good.
The story was pointless and the game length was too short. I completed it the day after I got it and I took loads of breaks in between.
DON'T BUY THIS GAME TRUST ME.
It's a waste of money.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Offered by Excess Gaming

2.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty 4 is way better, 1 Dec. 2009
Modern Warfare 2 was a huge disappointment. It's short, The story is pointless and most of the guns aren't even real.
Infinity Ward you have let down millions of people.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2010 8:43 PM GMT

Cast Away [DVD] [2001]
Cast Away [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars The saddest movie of all time, 6 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Cast Away [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
When you watch this movie it feels as if you are in the film as you watch it because it is so realistic.
I have told friends that this movie is very sad and they asked why. The Result: Wilson gets lost at sea. I have never got over that scene.
I used to hate Tom Hanks but after seeing this I realised I was wrong.

Are We Done Yet? [DVD] [2007]
Are We Done Yet? [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Ice Cube
Offered by rightpricediscs

1.0 out of 5 stars Without a doubt one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life., 18 Aug. 2009
I was dragged kicking and screaming to the cinema to see this movie. I didn't even laugh once.
Spending a day with your incontinent aunt is more fun than watching the first five minutes of this film.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5